+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Tartaric Depths: Boss 3 - Council of Fate

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Tartaric Depths: Boss 3 - Council of Fate

The third boss is now enabled on PTS. Please put any feedback here about the encounter, thank you!

We killed it yesterday thanks to Epsiry teleporting some of us to the encounter.

It currently is the hardest fight in the instance and, I feel in its current state, will be too hard for pugs with all the target swapping.

The HP on the mobs is also really high making the fight 12+ minutes on our first kill which again is way too long for pugs.

The cast time for Soulfire/Soulfury? when fighting the boss (not clone) is too fast for people to react and run to safe area. Either have it tick down in damage 40%+ after the cast or make the cast longer and keep the one shot.

The healing crystal was too high for a melee to hit/interupt it (only confirmed with warriors).

Any way you could make it so only one healing crystal can be up at once? so we can choose to DPS the crystal while chain interupting it or decide to keep DPS on boss and interupt it throughout the fight? We did a pull where we didn't DPS it and a second one spawned on top of it so we scrapped that idea but thought we'd mention it.

I like the fight overall with you being able to choose which mechanics you want to deal with first.
    Last edited by Boase; 02-18-2017 at 04:08 PM.

Shadowlander

Default total chaos council

We took a look at this boss and actually 9 manned the whole fight due to one person being out of the instance at pull. We used 1 tank 2 raid healers and and 6dps took us about 10minutes we killed them in order from left to right dana then bol then phu (dont remember their names off hand). We had no real problems with this fight the soul capture is a bit quick but the white always spawns in the same place so it didnt seem to problematic although we did have a few die to it. I noticed the void continually spawned when bol and phu were up we just kept dpsing it down and had tank and dps focus interrupt the life crystal. No real problems i saw we had a little problem with agro when bosses were summoned and being able to pick up the bosses but that can be fixed by raid running out when summoned. We did have multiple white circles spawn on some occasions while killing danazhul seemed like a bug.
    Last edited by fearhi; 02-18-2017 at 10:02 PM.

King of Slackers

Killvideo from yesterday:

Keepro - King of Slackers
    Twitch
    Youtube
    World First & GuidesTartaric Depths - All Bosses & Smile and Wave
    Sorry, sarcasm falls out of my mouth, like stupidity falls out of yours.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by keepor View Post
    Killvideo from yesterday:

Our kill on the council was very similar to this. The one thing that seemed overly problematic was that the bosses would always hit someone before becoming targetable and the tank getting agro sometimes one shotted the person sometimes not depending on which boss it was

Ewa
    Telaran

Default Boss 3 - Council of Fate

First Impressions -
    OMG, much harder and more difficult than the 3 other bosses.

Our group had issues with the temporarily abilities. Either there was a bug with one person not getting properly assigned or someone was unaware of their temporarily ability. We were only one last ability from killing the boss.

I don't like the lasers as they have weird movements beside rotating in a circle. I could do without them bouncing. (just my opinion)
    The white circle to stand in was often times hard to see and not very clear. (maybe my settings)

I think this boss will be difficult for PUGS. There is lot of stuff going on.

Plane Walker

My guild tried this boss last night and we found it pretty easy. We're not that hardcore but do have some players who are more dedicated. I would classify us as a mid-tier guild.

What pugs may find hard is the reactives. It wasn't a problem for us but we are coordinated and on Vip. Another issue might be the interrupt on the crystal which is too fast for a single person to handle, pugs may find it challenging.

The lasers didn't seem to do much since we ran through them to stay in the white circle. Also, the bosses now spawn in the middle once summoned, so very easy for everybody to clear off and the tank to get ready to pick them up. The crystal's HPs were low enough to be easily killable.

Overall, this may be the most difficult boss mechanic-wise but for a coordinated group it's still a very easy face roll.

I forgot to add that maybe have a little debuff or whatever on the raid frames so that other people can see who has the reactive ability. That could help with the "asleep or unaware" issue pugs may have.
    Last edited by Leocadia; 02-24-2017 at 11:33 AM.

Shadowlander

what are those reactives do in the fight?
    group are going in there for first time. thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by canine99 View Post
    what are those reactives do in the fight?
    group are going in there for first time. thank you.
    3 people will get a reactive that will summon each of the bosses. You can pick the order you want mechanics.

Shadowlander

Thank you Broase for reply. We went in there last nite. People got DC left and right. Any other people have same problem? 3 people suppose to have reactive. Look there's time only 2 people got reactive.

Shadowlander

What going on with this boss? Have not see many group actually kill this boss/bosses. It always bug out: reset or only 2 people got the ability instead of 3.

Shadowlander

Default total chaos council

Our guild is going in twice a week testing the fights. We had quite a few bugs that weren't there before on this fight tonight when we went. Whenever we were on (killing) danazhal after she was summoned the fight would reset halfway through our killing her. At which point all three clones would come back and all bosses and reactives would respawn. We tried killing them with her first and her last in the kill order and every time it reset the same. We were unable to kill them today do to it constantly resetting. My guild is taking one group in on wednesdays and mondays on the pts at 6server till the raids come out. Anyone working on the fights (devs) can feel free to message with any questions about any of the bugs if you need more info on scenarios. Also after a wipe the fight wasnt resetting i.e. lockout wall was still up and void and healing crystal were still up. We had to go out the instance and do an instance reset in order to reset the fight.

Rift Chaser

this fight seems to be resetting with something related to Danazhal and or the beam mechanic. we had all 3 reactives on a few different pulls and tried a different order. first 2 pulls we used the danazhal reactive and were able to kill the first round of souls but when danazhal got to about 70% hp a beam would pop rotate roughly 1/4 of the way and reset the fight.

when we saw it happen again at about the same time under the same circumstances we decided to pull pleuzhal first and ran into no issues until after pleuzhal died. the second round of souls spawned and the danazhal soul triggered the laser mechanic and same thing happened.

now when i say a certain npc is triggering a mechanic its my assumption that 3npc and 3 different mechanics (void, life crystal and laser) are tied to a specific named npc/soul and will only go off if that npc/soul is active

Boss reset twice when Countess hits 59%. Beam was at different locations/durations.

The boss reset each time after 30 seconds when the lasers appear !
    Last edited by Xavatar; 03-08-2017 at 02:02 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast