+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Tartaric Depths: Boss 4 - Malannon

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Tartaric Depths: Boss 4 - Malannon

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you know that boss 4, Malannon, is now live on PTS. Please put any feedback you have about the boss in this thread, thanks!

Note: It looks like there are issues with the 64 bit client and this map. Please use a 32 bit client so you don't fall through the world.

Once the Streaming 3300 Errors can let me finish downloading we'll check it out Currently falling through the floor in 32bit aswell.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

same issues here

Champion

Same. My guild was going to head to PTS today to give the new boss a whirl. Guess they're going without me, or not at all. Can Dev let us know what the solution is for this problem when Dev has tracked it down?

I ran the repair function as advised but that didn't work. I also tried running Glyph as admin but I still get the same issue. I get to the character select screen and the message "the game is unable to download more data and will have to exit."

Quote Originally Posted by Leocadia View Post

I ran the repair function as advised but that didn't work. I also tried running Glyph as admin but I still get the same issue. I get to the character select screen and the message "the game is unable to download more data and will have to exit."
    its not an issue with your client/system, its on their end =D
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Champion

Thanks Deeew, I guess we'll go after they fix it.

he is in tpose, but he still smacks you upside the head (personal experience...)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tartaric Depths: Boss 4 - Malannon-2017-02-17_002208.jpg  

King of Slackers

Another quality feedback video

Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons
    Youtube
    Twitch
    Ghar Station Discord

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Rift Team

Sorry for the issues in logging on to PTS, those should now all be cleared up.

The issue with the boss being in t-pose instead of idle is fixed and you should see that in the next PTS update. As an aside, on a reset, he will no longer be t-posed.

I think the art team needs to still do a collision pass but I'll get in contact with them to make sure and get that collision issue on the upper walkway fixed.

King of Slackers

Here the kill video feedback:

Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons
    Youtube
    Twitch
    Ghar Station Discord

Everything seemed pretty balanced for a pug group. One thing you may need to look at is the HP of the rock in the back you need to DPS down. We had some okay DPS and our first rock was close to failing and we want it doable for pugs.

I also think that pugs can ignore the red orbs in final phase if they have any shielding. Meteor + Orb won't kill of there is a Phys or Lib in the group if you want to keep that damage its up to you.
    Last edited by Boase; 02-18-2017 at 08:01 AM.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Fia

What I didn't like was that the big AOE where we have to run into the yellow and violet voids takes so long to cast. You can reduce the cast time of the boss for that by a bit. (:

Everything else was really good, I liked it. :DDD

Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

New 4K 21:9-Ratio Videos: http://youtube.com/astheatv

Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    What I didn't like was that the big AOE where we have to run into the yellow and violet voids takes so long to cast. You can reduce the cast time of the boss for that by a bit. (:
    On top of reducing the cast time, I'd say just have it end early if it is solved.
    R.I.P.

Shadowlander

Default disable word of cruelty

Word of cruelty works for immunity to the fire and some of our members were able to run behind the boss. May want to disable that in here unless its meant to work to avoid any exploit fiascos. Otherwise was a fun fight we ran 1 tank 2 heals 6dps and a chon went down with little problem. We were able to kill the crystal with 5dps but it could be a bit high of a check with a pug group

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by fearhi View Post
    Word of cruelty works for immunity to the fire and some of our members were able to run behind the boss. May want to disable that in here unless its meant to work to avoid any exploit fiascos. Otherwise was a fun fight we ran 1 tank 2 heals 6dps and a chon went down with little problem. We were able to kill the crystal with 5dps but it could be a bit high of a check with a pug group
    I think with a full PuG group the dps check will be ok, and it will give the players an incentive to learn their specs properly without making them loose interest in raiding. But I guess only time will tell. ;P

I agree, Word of Cruelty should be disabled during the fight. (:
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

New 4K 21:9-Ratio Videos: http://youtube.com/astheatv

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast