+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 4.0 Planar Crafting

General of Telara

Default 4.0 Planar Crafting

I did a few rifts today and found they used individual rewards. It seemed like the individual rewards were mostly the new motes that are all unbound anyways so it seems like people will just farm these on alts so they can use free charges.

Since there is only one type of mote/celestial matrix from planar rifts rather than 6 there seems to be less importance on what of the 6 lure you choose. Maybe make it so each of the 6 different lures focus on specific mats or have a greater chance of getting the mats you want. example fire lure drops more mining mats- air lure drops more runecrafting mats.

I made a mining rune and it looked like its intended to reduce the time to mine things. The cast time to mine was reduced but the time for the ore to get looted is the same so you still have to stand still 1s after the cast ends to complete the mining.

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Accol View Post
    Maybe make it so each of the 6 different lures focus on specific mats or have a greater chance of getting the mats you want. example fire lure drops more mining mats- air lure drops more runecrafting mats.
    It should already be the case that the different planar types put different focuses on which crafting mat types they reward.

I made a mining rune and it looked like its intended to reduce the time to mine things. The cast time to mine was reduced but the time for the ore to get looted is the same so you still have to stand still 1s after the cast ends to complete the mining.
    The main thing that gathering profession level impacts is the amount of materials you get. Under the min level for a node, you get only 1, at level to level +75 you get 2, At more than 75 over level you get 3. However there was a code bug where the additional skill level applied through a rune was not being factored into that. I saw a submitted fix for that bug come through today, so I imagine the next PTS update should reflect that.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Rift Disciple

Are any of the new planar crafting mats going to be hidden behind minion credit missions?
    Co-GM of Haganai <Faeblight>
    GM of Filthy Casual <Gelidra>
    No more money for Trion til changes made

Rift Chaser

Where do you find these new recipes and such to test out? what npc is selling them ?

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by makerofwidows View Post
    Where do you find these new recipes and such to test out? what npc is selling them ?
    npc is in Alittu 4028 6360. I posted about it in another thread.

The Water lure was not working and some other things I posted about already but the current pts update is before the first round of internal testing and fixes so we can expect the next update or two to have changes.

I looked around on the PTS today and found SFP planar crafting and the eternal weapon epic quest available.

Planar Crafting

npc is at 4028 6360
    The one npc there has the new recipes and offers a weekly quest for a new lure and a weekly quest for your choice of rep or marks.
    all planar crafting recipes share one type of rift drop rather than one from the 6 different planes
    Armorsmith/outfitter make a 300 hit helm
    weaponsmith/artificer make 250 hit ranged
    runecrafter makes a mining foraging fishing and butchering rune for shoulders.
    apoth has some kind of new fluff item that adds limbs?
    dreamweaver has 2 new dim keys

Eternal Weapon Quest

npc is at 4010 6188
    As a cleric I only was able to get a dex sword
    you get it after only 2 quests and then you can see all the steps you need to take to upgrade it!
    one step, for example, has you recycle 1,000 fragments!

Rift Disciple

I did a few rifts today and found they used individual rewards. It seemed like the individual rewards were mostly the new motes that are all unbound anyways so it seems like people will just farm these on alts so they can use free charges.
    I am starting to get really confused with this.

With the craft rifts "old style" trion was "motivating" us to group up to do these rifts, the more people, the harder the rift, the better the rewards. And it was fun grouping up with 5 to 20 people, all sharing a lure and have a nice run.
    So this is no longer possible unless you are willing to burn IRC (Individual Reward Charges).
    And not one IRC per rift, but THREE per rift extra???

You do not need to you say?
    Well I think you do, the main reason to the craft rifts are for the rift SPECIFIC mats for which you need to use your IRC.
    I can assure you I am not doing it for the now mostly worthless mats in which many players are swimming in anyways (those who do not, can buy most cheap and even sometimes under NPC price on the AH).

So I cannot group up with friends in the weekend to tackle our lures anymore?
    Because basically you are now saying we grant you ONE rift a day, if you wish more you need to pay ...
    This means if you wish to play and share the lures with a specific group of friends ALL need to schedule this EVERYDAY(and limit the group to 7, which is much much harder then us picking one weekend afternoon for all the use their lures AND benefit the most of it.
    Are craft rifts ment to be a solo activity now?

Should we use alts as suggested by the OP?
    Would confuse me too, because many of trions actions gave me the impression they wish to discourage us to use alts, yet here is another temptation for us to use alts.

I was very excited when I heard the Crifts were returning, went straight to PTS to try only to get very confused and sad.

On one hand I can understand why trion wishes to "timegate" certain things ingame.
    On the other hand (MINE), I play rift to chill, entertain myself with activities suiting the "mood of the day".
    I do not like the feeling -which is getting more and more since SFP released- that I am playing on trions agenda and not mine, or I miss out on stuff.
    When I login, there is the craft dailies, map dailies, tok thingy, SPE, WF, soon crifts, and god knows what they cook up.
    I know I do not HAVE to do all these things (and I don't), but I do hope most who read this get my point.
    More and more daily "mustdo's" enter the game, too much for normal players to handle, if you look at the time needed to do those, your evening after work is filled, and no time left for the "mood of the day" activities.
    Lots of activities we cannot stack for the weekend, or for the "mood of the day" day.
    If you miss a day ... the reward is lost.

I am retired and have a good arsenal of alts, so I have the time and the means to "bypass" this timegate if I wish to.
    Point is ...
    I like to feel flexible in what I do ingame, and not feel "obliged" to first go through the ever growing daily checklist trion is creating for me, this has only resulted for me from going from hardcore casual in rift, to simply more and more playing another game that does give me this flexibility, and I am turning into a true casual in rift, very scared and concerned rift is slipping away through my fingers.

TLDR
    I am sad trion is turning Crifts from a great group event into a solo thing and just simply slapping it onto this daily checklist of stuff we "have" to do ...
    ... unless you pay (sorry could not resist this) ...

Not quite sure what Accol means by 'individual rewards'.

Rifts have always had individual rewards. There's no lockout on rifts so how could individual reward charges be used? They're already gated by weekly lure quests.
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 02-20-2017 at 06:44 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    Not quite sure what Accol means by 'individual rewards'.

Rifts have always had individual rewards. There's no lockout on rifts so how could individual reward charges be used? They're already gated by weeklies.
    I copied my main a few times to PTS, did the quest to get the lures (which are account bound, and sent them to the one char), so me and my friend could do a few crifts to get enough motes to craft and test a rune.
    Iirc, the first rift gave me a mote, second nothing, the third rift upon closure, gave me the reward in STANDARD mats in rift bag, then gave me the IRC popup like you get in the Expert Dungeon, stated I already used my free charge of the day, saying I could pay THREE charges for my reward, which I did because it was PTS, and only then it rewarded me with a mote.
    Same for the rifts done after this one, I needed to use 3 charges to get the Celestial Mote/Matrix reward.
    Last edited by Umfufu; 02-20-2017 at 07:04 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Umfufu View Post
    I copied my main a few times to PTS, did the quest to get the lures (which are account bound, and sent them to the one char), so me and my friend could do a few crifts to get enough motes to craft and test a rune.
    Iirc, the first rift gave me a mote, second nothing, the third rift upon closure, gave me the reward in STANDARD mats in rift bag, then gave me the IRC popup like you get in the Expert Dungeon, stated I already used my free charge of the day, saying I could pay THREE charges for my reward, which I did because it was PTS, and only then it rewarded me with a mote.
    Same for the rifts one after this one, I needed to use 3 charges to get the Celestial Mote/Matrix reward.
    If that's true then that's the dumbest idea I've ever seen implemented in rift. Really hope it's a coding error.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    "I don't like what you're saying, so I'mma get triggered and shame you somehow." ~RIFT Forums, 2016

Same for the rifts done after this one, I needed to use 3 charges to get the Celestial Mote/Matrix reward.
    That better not be true on live. It goes against the very concept of rifts and discourages group activities. Rifts are open world activities, and crafting rifts are already gated by limited, weekly lures.

This expansion has already nickled and dimed us after promising one clear payment.

General of Telara

What Umfufu said is pretty much the same as I saw on the pts when I did a few rifts. Just not sure why Umfufu didn't get a roll on the second rift. The reward pop up comes after the rift closes at any stage- I had done a water lure that was bugged and couldn't get past the first stage and it triggered an individual reward when the rift timed out.

Like I said in the OP, I didn't really see the need for these charges since the rewards are mostly unbound but I guess it could be for the crafting marks you get too? All my individual rewards so far have been motes so not seeing extra marks yet.

It looked like the mining rune was fixed so you get more ore from nodes that normally are green+. I'm not sure its working 100% since it is reducing your mining cast time from going from a green skill level node to a grey but not reducing the time needed to loot the node. The result is what looks like the game lagging. My crafting window's UI is a bit screwed up too showing the blue skill bar at 575/525 going outside the window but that isn't major. Overall it might be cool to have the rune give a description on what it does so people don't have to guess.

One of the new mats used in planar crafting is a Tenebrean Planar Attuner and I'm not sure where that comes from so there could still be more about planar crafting we don't know yet.

Rift Disciple

Wink

What Umfufu said is pretty much the same as I saw on the pts when I did a few rifts. Just not sure why Umfufu didn't get a roll on the second rift. The reward pop up comes after the rift closes at any stage- I had done a water lure that was bugged and couldn't get past the first stage and it triggered an individual reward when the rift timed out.

Like I said in the OP, I didn't really see the need for these charges since the rewards are mostly unbound but I guess it could be for the crafting marks you get too? All my individual rewards so far have been motes so not seeing extra marks yet.

It looked like the mining rune was fixed so you get more ore from nodes that normally are green+. I'm not sure its working 100% since it is reducing your mining cast time from going from a green skill level node to a grey but not reducing the time needed to loot the node. The result is what looks like the game lagging. My crafting window's UI is a bit screwed up too showing the blue skill bar at 575/525 going outside the window but that isn't major. Overall it might be cool to have the rune give a description on what it does so people don't have to guess.

One of the new mats used in planar crafting is a Tenebrean Planar Attuner and I'm not sure where that comes from so there could still be more about planar crafting we don't know yet.
    I am not 100% sure about the second rift if I got a "free" mote or not, so I leave this open, I was not paying attention really till to my shock I got this IRC popup, I was bit flabbergasted so to speak ...
    For sure on the 3rd rift this popup appeared and on all rifts from there on.

Does this mean we can do TWO Crifts a day?

In my "standard" loot I DID get crafting marks every now and then. So I guess these are not marked as "special loot", and just relies on the good old RNG

It would be nice to have a better tooltip on the runes, because until this thread I had no clue at all what to expect, tbh I was hoping that these enabled the RNG chance of a drop from these mysterious Attuners, using the tradeskill "supported" by the rune.

Now I understand they just up the amount you gather per node ... is this really true?
    Last edited by Umfufu; 02-20-2017 at 10:50 PM.

Rift Disciple

I really hope this is just a mistake on PTS. If not, this is one of the most asinine things added to the game. It's just another form of nickel and diming players. #Pay2crift
    Crifts have always been a group thing, and this just goes against the idea of grouping. It was a nice thing to do on an off night with guildies, group up and burn through some craft rifts. That will be gone if this is implemented.
    It's not going to slow people down anyway. Players have alts and will just do one lure on each alt, or burn all the charges on it, to get the mats they need for main characters.

Wtf....

General of Telara

I am not 100% sure about the second rift if I got a "free" mote or not, so I leave this open, I was not paying attention really till to my shock I got this IRC popup, I was bit flabbergasted so to speak ...
    For sure on the 3rd rift this popup appeared and on all rifts from there on.

Does this mean we can do TWO Crifts a day?

In my "standard" loot I DID get crafting marks every now and then. So I guess these are not marked as "special loot", and just relies on the good old RNG

It would be nice to have a better tooltip on the runes, because until this thread I had no clue at all what to expect, tbh I was hoping that these enabled the RNG chance of a drop from these mysterious Attuners, using the tradeskill "supported" by the rune.

Now I understand they just up the amount you gather per node ... is this really true?
    Its one free IRC a day- I just rechecked today. You do have a chance to get motes without using a IRC so its not completely useless to do these without charges.

Tacitus explains how the runes work in the 2nd post of this thread. Basically the rune adds 50 points to your tradeskill.

So for example atramentium is a level 450 ore. If your mining is 76 points above 450 you get 3 per node, 75-0 points you get 2 and if your mining is below 450 you get 1 per node. Since max mining is 525 you cannot get to 76 above 450. A miner at skill level 525 with the mining rune will have an effective 575 skill level and you can get 3 atramentium at a time.

The extra 50 tradeskill points doesn't count toward what crafting workorders you get- I tried! For example: A miner with skill level 450 equips the mining rune to make their skill level 500, the daily workorder is still the savant level ones and not visionary.

Rift Disciple

Its one free IRC a day- I just rechecked today. You do have a chance to get motes without using a IRC so its not completely useless to do these without charges.

Tacitus explains how the runes work in the 2nd post of this thread. Basically the rune adds 50 points to your tradeskill.

So for example atramentium is a level 450 ore. If your mining is 76 points above 450 you get 3 per node, 75-0 points you get 2 and if your mining is below 450 you get 1 per node. Since max mining is 525 you cannot get to 76 above 450. A miner at skill level 525 with the mining rune will have an effective 575 skill level and you can get 3 atramentium at a time.

The extra 50 tradeskill points doesn't count toward what crafting workorders you get- I tried! For example: A miner with skill level 450 equips the mining rune to make their skill level 500, the daily workorder is still the savant level ones and not visionary.

Thanks much for your explanation, it is perfectly clear to me now

If it is true you still have a chance, makes a little wee bit better, but I still feel very strongly that IRC does not belong in Crifts, and 3 charges is quite expensive.

It was a fun social happening in Rift of which I have very fond memories, I would like to keep it that way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast