+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 4.0 Planar Crafting

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #31
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sinishaa View Post
    Tacitus I must say that you are a good salesman. You remind me of those top-shop tv sales here. No offense, you're just doing your job...
    That is not actually my job. My job is to make a system that works or to improve on that system as I am able.

In [I am guessing you mean "If" here - Tac] normal loot is the good old NT RNG roll with reduced chances for good stuff (as it should be) while in the other the percentages for top drops falls even further. That's all made with the idea of players spending more charges (money) to get their regular loot.
    No part of this is accurate. Not a single bit.

The normal loot, ignoring IRC loot completely, is set up similar to how the NT loot was set up, except the odds of getting the rare planar mats are about DOUBLE what they were in NT.

So just right there, crifts are still farmable as they were in NT, but actually more generous.

On top of that, there is a free roll with your first crift each week that will give you some amount of planar loot guaranteed. Which is great for a casual player that doesn't farm crifts non-stop. This is a bonus table above and beyond the base loot which is already more prevalent than in NT.

That is, ladies and gentleman, P2W system that can be seen in many browser based games...

So no, not "Everyone else can farm not JUST as easily but in fact MORE easily than they did in NT, again with no money spent." because if you want to stay competitive you must spend money on Patron+charges so for a non paying person it's WAY harder...
    And finally, yes, you can burn some IRC for extra rolls at the bonus table beyond the free weekly roll - IF YOU WANT. Though, as has been pointed out, most would rather use those rolls on LFR loot or elsewhere.

Furthermore, getting access to these opportunities to burn an IRC for extra planar mats requires you to be out in the world, playing the content, where as you were previously able to bypass doing so completely in NT by buying Imperishable directly from the store for credits, something I am not doing in SFP.

So if your concern is being able to acquire the mats faster because of IRC, well that is a fight you are a couple of years late to, given that it was even easier to do so in NT. And besides, these mats are not binding, so someone can win that race almost immediately anyway just buy buying the mats from the AH if they really want to burn the plat.

Nothing has been nerfed from the planar crafting system of NT, aside from the ability to buy planar mats directly which has been removed. Drop rates AT EVERY LEVEL have been BUFFED over the NT-era versions.

Please take care before assigning further motive where there is not one or spinning actions to paint a conspiracy where there is none.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #32

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    Tacitius, will the next PTS update have upgrade paths for the 300hit Helm and or ranged weapon? Or an ilvl upgrade? they are still below LFR stats.
    Yes. The crafted items got made a while ago, and more recently the lfr/t1 ilvl got a huge increase. SO an increase of the planar crafted items is coming as well. Though it won't likely be reflected on the PTS until at least Friday.

And yes, Accool, the Tenebrean Attuner should have been in the shop as a Reagent, but got missed. It will be ther efor the next PTS update. The price is 20k Planarite (yes a reason to spend planarite at 70).
    Rift Team Designer

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

I think this is awesome. I don't raid or dungeon crawl. I always need planer mats for building items for my dims. Now I can use a charge that I haven't been using to have a better chance at building mats.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Sinishaa View Post
    That is, ladies and gentleman, P2W system that can be seen in many browser based games...

So no, not "Everyone else can farm not JUST as easily but in fact MORE easily than they did in NT, again with no money spent." because if you want to stay competitive you must spend money on Patron+charges so for a non paying person it's WAY harder...
    i guess they forgot its a buy to play expansion which differs from the f2p of storm legion and NT and don't understand that players have paid to get this far(lvl 70) and dont want to keep inserting money here; especially with all the content breaking on release. i had a whole big thing typed up and deleted it because ive been wasting my breath. its a gimmicky phone game now meant for players to drop massive amounts of cash to replace skill/time and get further than anyone who doesn't. if you have a lot of plat maybe you can kind of compete by buying rex. removing the 900 credit imperishable that i personally never even heard of someone buying off the rift store isn't something that is going to make me jump for joy and say "good implementation". the IR system as whole is just needless nonsense that opens a spend credits to be better/faster/stronger than someone else.

5 charges for repeat hexathel loot but 9 charges total to get loot off of all 4 bosses in the LFR just feels like the system as a whole was a last minute throw in
    Last edited by makerofwidows; 02-21-2017 at 06:50 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by makerofwidows View Post
    i guess they forgot its a buy to play expansion which differs from the f2p of storm legion and NT and don't understand that players have paid to get this far(lvl 70) and dont want to keep inserting money here; especially with all the content breaking on release. i had a whole big thing typed up and deleted it because ive been wasting my breath. its a gimmicky phone game now meant for players to drop massive amounts of cash to replace skill/time and get further than anyone who doesn't. if you have a lot of plat maybe you can kind of compete by buying rex. removing the 900 credit imperishable that i personally never even heard of someone buying off the rift store isn't something that is going to make me jump for joy and say "good implementation". the IR system as whole is just needless nonsense that opens a spend credits to be better/faster/stronger than someone else.

5 charges for repeat hexathel loot but 9 charges total to get loot off of all 4 bosses in the LFR just feels like the system as a whole was a last minute throw in
    I can't wait to hear all the people in crossevents who don't come to the forums the day this goes live.. It's just a different gimmick than NMT, but now you get this annoying popup in your face when closing every crift after the first one.

How about giving us the %'s regarding drop rates of mote/matrix without using charges? And the chance of getting a matrix with using IRC? At least give players the numbers to make informed decisions on whether to use IRC or not.

Hexathel is supposed to be getting lowered.. After numerous people have burned charges/credits over the past few weeks. GG! The event still hasn't been completed during Oceanic times at least, so we haven't burned through charges

Champion of Telara

you know what would help keep all these misconceptions at bay? Some actual communication. Some of you do excellent jobs at explaining, but it always seems after the hyperbole has started. We really need someone to communicate or at least let us know it is being looked into on a regular basis. Brasse tries, I know, but this isn't her only focus. We really need an Elrar back.
    Smidge
    <Guess>
    Wolfsbane

General of Telara

The recipe for Visionary Alchemical Amender makes a Visionary Metal Amender. I was bored and wanted to see one of those Reliquaries but couldn't without the apoth amenders. btw the recipes for reliquaries still look like they are not setup for the correct item.

I got 4 matrices pretty easy on pts between good rng/high drop rates and combining 10 motes for one matrix. Allowing us to combine motes will reduce the rng of crafting rifts a ton- I just think the matrices will be too common now with all the buffs you gave to the drop rates.

Plane Walker

So, after having a look on PTS, whole planar crafting seems more of a fluff thing. I guess the runes might come in handy for those that gather, even though i bet minions bring more than enough mats as it is.

I thought it would finally serve some better purpose and would revive crafting, but i just do see that happening. Sure the helmets have 300 hit, but they are barely better than expert ones, and ranged doesn't even have the extra hit and it has the expert lvl one of 250. (which i'm thinking on the helmet might be a bug?)

This in the end still leaves just consumables and amenders for crafting that are of use and doesn't seem to be adding much to it all.
    Last edited by Jotunn; 03-13-2017 at 03:19 AM.
    <Tyael@Gelidra>
    ...Stack on 8...

Rift Disciple

Last I checked that helmet that's pretty much the main attraction of planar crafting was still quite bad.

Here's a suggestion how to make it more desirable and keep gathering and crafting relevant for the majority of the expansion's life span: Make it an eternal (bis) helmet that can be upgraded multiple times, similar to the weapons from the quest, with the upgrades requiring large amounts of materials from all professions(both raw and refined, amender, new planar crafting motes etc.). There won't be much demand for raiding consumables for a long time so we need something to stop all those materials from collecting dust in bank vaults. The stat/proc improvements of those upgrades would have to be smaller than the weapon ones, else we end up with another huge money sink that players feel somewhat obligated to put their plat into like planar fragments. I think that change would be a great incentive to actually do crafting rifts for more than one week and keep gathering and crafting relevant as sources of income.

(Please don't delay the patch for it though)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Bauum View Post
    Last I checked that helmet that's pretty much the main attraction of planar crafting was still quite bad.
    Just a few posts above:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Yes. The crafted items got made a while ago, and more recently the lfr/t1 ilvl got a huge increase. SO an increase of the planar crafted items is coming as well. Though it won't likely be reflected on the PTS until at least Friday.
    Changes about stat numbers are always slow: The copy&paste errors from the latest PA(last year) were not fixed even as a known issue. The time to fix this is negligible but the priority seems so low that no one wanted to do this while being on coffee break.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Accol View Post
    The recipe for Visionary Alchemical Amender makes a Visionary Metal Amender.
    This also was never fixed on the PTS but the PTS really hasn't been updated in a while too so I'm not sure if its fixed or not. I wouldn't want to see it go live with all that extra polish you guys used.

12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #42

Quote Originally Posted by Accol View Post
    This also was never fixed on the PTS but the PTS really hasn't been updated in a while too so I'm not sure if its fixed or not. I wouldn't want to see it go live with all that extra polish you guys used.
    When PTS gets updated, this should be on the list of things that have been fixed.
    Rift Team Designer

General of Telara

The ranged weapons were changed today to 300 hit. I'm a bit out of touch as far as stats go but I think the stats on the ranged and helm are at T1 raid.

Telaran

Seems like Tacitus and Archonix are not on the same level at the moment:

A Planar Crafting Revamp that will lead to Best in Slot Helms and Ranged Weapons.(from producer's letter)

Even after the update that comes not even close to the truth. The stats on both of them are unupgraded lfr gear and by this announcement it should be higher than anything you can get in IRotP.

Quote Originally Posted by legitN View Post
    Seems like Tacitus and Archonix are not on the same level at the moment:

A Planar Crafting Revamp that will lead to Best in Slot Helms and Ranged Weapons.(from producer's letter)

Even after the update that comes not even close to the truth. The stats on both of them are unupgraded lfr gear and by this announcement it should be higher than anything you can get in IRotP.
    And there is still an upgrade path that is going to be added to the planar crafted stuff.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    Selling Credits on NA 1.3p per credit. Buying all REX 2.2k each ~ I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast