+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 4.0 Planar Crafting

Telaran

Default what's the effect of fishing rune skill-up?

I tried the fishing rune (thanks to Umfufu crafting me one to try out)-it ups my skill lvl by 50 as commented by OP and dev-went fishing in tenebrean schism-got normal results one fish each try -grand total from one hr-ish of fishing 200 crabs+15 eels+2 grey loot+one artifact

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #17
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

There is a LOT of misconception with what is going on, mostly I suspect from people reading about the system rather than playing it.

Crafting Rifts are every bit as repeatable as they were in Nightmare Tide. 100% as grindable for the same style and pacing of rewards - without any use of Individual Rewards, just as their base loot. You can get Motes and Matrices without Individual Rewards. The rate is roughly comparable to what they were in NT. On the plus side, the mats are streamlined - 1 planar type (Celestial) instead of 6.

So all of what it was in NT is completely intact other than a bit of QoL streamlining of planar types for the top tier mats.

In SFP, once per week, FOR FREE, you get a better roll that has at minimum motes, plus much higher odds of a Matrix. So again, better than before, at no cost, once per week.

In every way, crafting rifts in SFP are more generous without a dime being spent.

There is no paywall.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    There is a LOT of misconception with what is going on, mostly I suspect from people reading about the system rather than playing it.

Crafting Rifts are every bit as repeatable as they were in Nightmare Tide. 100% as grindable for the same style and pacing of rewards - without any use of Individual Rewards, just as their base loot. You can get Motes and Matrices without Individual Rewards. The rate is roughly comparable to what they were in NT. On the plus side, the mats are streamlined - 1 planar type (Celestial) instead of 6.

So all of what it was in NT is completely intact other than a bit of QoL streamlining of planar types for the top tier mats.

In SFP, once per week, FOR FREE, you get a better roll that has at minimum motes, plus much higher odds of a Matrix. So again, better than before, at no cost, once per week.

In every way, crafting rifts in SFP are more generous without a dime being spent.

There is no paywall.
    Is there a confirmation step for extra rolling if you click on the extra roll by accident because it will come up every time after your first?

Is there an option to disable the pop up so it doesn`t annoy you to death if you choose to grind them like in NT?
    Last edited by legitN; 02-21-2017 at 11:20 AM.

Rift Disciple

Thanks for the clarification !

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post

There is no paywall.
    Hey Tacitus,

Can I please confirm so this is once per week you use a free chance to get better loot then you can not spend any other tokens on it. Its just a free bonus once a week or we can buy more tokens for more chances? Honest question. I haven't looked at the rifts themselves on PTS and would just like to be 100% clarrified.
    Also I did look at the recipe vendor. Is that the complete list of planar crafting items? - Also side not the robot has like a human male voice, it's a bit weird. I bet the guy was called Gary or something.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #21

Quote Originally Posted by Balidin View Post
    Can I please confirm so this is once per week you use a free chance to get better loot then you can not spend any other tokens on it. Its just a free bonus once a week or we can buy more tokens for more chances? Honest question.
    Once per week, you get a free roll at the better loot table (which is guaranteed to have either some motes OR a matrix). This is over and above the normal loot (including a chance of motes/matrices).

If you choose to, you can spend a charge to get another roll for additional rifts.

Basically, many found the drop rate of motes and imperishables too low in Nightmare Tide, but those drop rates were intentionally low because the system had to be balanced around the people that farm crazy amounts of rifts. The Individual Rewards system allows us to put some loot drop rates in the game that are much more favorable, because the rate at rolling on those tables is more easily gated to real time rather than grind time.

And again, this is over and above the already existing drop rates.

As an aside, some tuning of the Individual Reward rates for these rifts should be going into the next PTS update. The number of motes being given is getting doubled, the odds for a Matrix instead of a mote are getting doubled, and the IRC cost for additional rewards is getting cut from 3 to 1.

Also I did look at the recipe vendor. Is that the complete list of planar crafting items? - Also side not the robot has like a human male voice, it's a bit weird.
    That should be the complete list. And nice catch on the voice. I will strip out that now.
    Rift Team Designer

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Champion

Ok cool thanks for the speedy clarification man I appreciate it.

Rift Chaser

delete /10char
    Last edited by makerofwidows; 02-21-2017 at 04:22 PM.

Will these charges also affect the % chance at crafting stations to drop?

Quote Originally Posted by makerofwidows View Post
    Why is it such a terrible thing for a player or group of players who farms a lot of rifts to have a lot of mats, isnt that kind of the point of playing the game whichever aspect you choose to focus on....
    As a player, you can still farm lots of rifts and get lots of mats. If you have IRC, great, you can get guaranteed loot of motes or a matrix. But those that farm lots of rifts will still have lots of mats.

The misconception was that once you had the loot, you would get no more, but that's not the case. You can still farm rifts and have tons of mats.
    Irlowe@Deepwood Iirlowe@Deepwood Urlowe@Deepwood Primalowe@Deepwood Rlowe@Deepwood
    <Halcyon>

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #26

Quote Originally Posted by makerofwidows View Post
    Why is it such a terrible thing for a player or group of players who farms a lot of rifts to have a lot of mats
    It isn't a terrible thing. You can still do exactly that. Every bit of crift group activity you could do in NT you can still do in SFP with 4.1. Not a single thing has been taken away or reduced from SFP that would make this less effective than it was.

On top of that, once per week,you get guaranteed ADDITIONAL loot for FREE.

So so far, it is everything NT offered for crifts, plus more, for free.

Now above and beyond that, you can choose to spend IRCs on subsequent crift runs after the first. These again are for additional loot above and beyond the same loot that has been, and will continue to be in SFP, farmable.

And even this is not much different than in NT where the imperishables could be purchased directly. Only now instead of purchasing directly, you can only opt for additional rolls, meaning you still need to participate in the content.

So the only people getting "hurt" by planar crafting changes in SFP are those that wanted to just sit in town and buy the chase mats directly from the cash shop - because that isn't possible now. Everyone else can farm not JUST as easily but in fact MORE easily than they did in NT, again with no money spent.
    Rift Team Designer

General of Telara

The problem I see with offering IRCs is you shift most of the mats going to players who farm a lot of rifts to most of the mats going to people that have many alts. I have over 20 mule alts at 70 and they can easily be used to spam free IRCs. To me you need to make the charges account wide or just limit their use to soulbound rewards so that they cant be exploited by having more alts.

also on another topic:
    Anyone know where Tenebrean Planar Attuners come from? Its a boa crafting mat used in most of the new recipes but I cant find info on it.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Accol View Post
    also on another topic:
    Anyone know where Tenebrean Planar Attuners come from? Its a boa crafting mat used in most of the new recipes but I cant find info on it.
    Tacitus said in Discord that it`s an item you can get in the shop for 20k(iirc) Planarite. It`s just bugged on PTS so it doesn`t show up.

Tacitus I must say that you are a good salesman. You remind me of those top-shop tv sales here. No offense, you're just doing your job...

Now after all your explanation I came to this conclusion:
    There are 2 loot tables here: Regular and Extended (IRC). Judging by the line "Once per week, you get a free roll at the better loot table (which is guaranteed to have either some motes OR a matrix)" the truth is actually that the first roll is your normal loot roll (Regular) and after that you get reduced loot. In normal loot is the good old NT RNG roll with reduced chances for good stuff (as it should be) while in the other the percentages for top drops falls even further. That's all made with the idea of players spending more charges (money) to get their regular loot.

This is where things get more interesting:
    "As an aside, some tuning of the Individual Reward rates for these rifts should be going into the next PTS update. The number of motes being given is getting doubled, the odds for a Matrix instead of a mote are getting doubled, and the IRC cost for additional rewards is getting cut from 3 to 1." (this reminds me of that part where the guy says "but that's not all...")

I played a lot of browser based games to know how VIP group works. Here you call it Patron. Regular vs Patron IRC gain over one week is 2-5. So let's say that you get 2 of each per charge: Regular players that spend their weekly charges get 4 Motes while Patrons get 10. And don't forget that right now there's TOO MANY places to spend your charges on and that with the raids people would rather spend charges on Raid lot than Crifts, so the the ammount of motes a regular player (the one that doesen't want to waste more money on game) will be 2 for the regular loot and if he does 5 more the RNGesus might give him 2-3 more whille the one's that spend charges get 12 Motes cause in the extended version those are a certain drop.

That is, ladies and gentleman, P2W system that can be seen in many browser based games...

So no, not "Everyone else can farm not JUST as easily but in fact MORE easily than they did in NT, again with no money spent." because if you want to stay competitive you must spend money on Patron+charges so for a non paying person it's WAY harder...

Quote Originally Posted by Sinishaa View Post
    because if you want to stay competitive you must spend money on Patron+charges so for a non paying person it's WAY harder...
    Competitive with who? Those days are over.

Tacitius, will the next PTS update have upgrade paths for the 300hit Helm and or ranged weapon? Or an ilvl upgrade? they are still below LFR stats.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast