+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree59Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Wardrobe Dyes: Feedback

Wardrobe Dyes: Feedback-qeqeqwe.jpg
    NO

give me back the "old"! or make "dark" Exceptionally Ruby
    Ascend A Friend Join me in RIFT http://bit.ly/1jS6dt2
    or if you already there, redeem this code - CEWPH7C3NH2TDNQH29Z3
    receive presents + 28slot bags and a mount for a good beginning
    POWER*LEVELING from x to 65 - pay with plat, rex or epic unstables - on EU and NA | WTS/WTT (EU) Bounty arts

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #62
    Rift Team

Default More Goodies

Seems like we missed a couple deep dyes. Both of these will be added in an upcoming update and be available to all like the others. Deep blue will be unlocked as well.

Wardrobe Dyes: Feedback-deepred.jpg

Wardrobe Dyes: Feedback-deepblack.jpg

Hello
    (1) Which set is that just above this post?
    (2) I wanted to ask about some sets not dying. Some of the Comet Forged pieces don't dye at all on female characters. Every dye here is exceptionally white, but the chest and pants don't take it:

I have reported this before (I listed the pieces there), so it may be on your list already. But it's been a while and I really want to dye that set
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 03-31-2017 at 04:35 PM.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #64
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    Hello
    (1) Which set is that just above this post?
    (2) I wanted to ask about some sets not dying. Some of the Comet Forged pieces don't dye at all on female characters. Every dye here is exceptionally white, but the chest and pants don't take it:

I have reported this before (I listed the pieces there), so it may be on your list already. But it's been a while and I really want to dye that set
    That one will be fixed, hopefully in the next update, thanks for pointing it out though!

Rift Disciple

Love what's being done with the wardrobe items in 4.1

Could you take a look at Rake's Duster ? I tried to use different colors for the vest and the paints changed into weird shades of color. For example, sapphire blue made the paints blue as well.

Soulwalker

The Tuath'de Raiment, cloth robe, just does not even dye at all. I'm not too sure if this was mentioned already though.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #67
    Rift Team

Default Tuath'de Raiment and Rake's Duster

Checked out both of these:
    The Tuath'de Raiment seems to be working properly for both male and female.
    Wardrobe Dyes: Feedback-screen-shot-04-12-17-05.08-pm.jpgWardrobe Dyes: Feedback-tuathde.jpg

The duster includes pants on the male version, and obscures legs on the female variant completely. These are both intended.
    Wardrobe Dyes: Feedback-screen-shot-04-12-17-05.09-pm.jpgWardrobe Dyes: Feedback-duster.jpg

If you find these still working different from you see here, please reply and we'll take another look.
    Last edited by BlazingOctopus; 04-12-2017 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TankGirl View Post
    Attachment 31202
    NO

give me back the "old"! or make "dark" Exceptionally Ruby
    fix this please
    POWER*LEVELING from x to 65 - pay with plat, rex or epic unstables - on EU and NA | WTS/WTT (EU) Bounty arts

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingOctopus View Post
    Checked out both of these:
    The Tuath'de Raiment seems to be working properly for both male and female.
    Attachment 31309Attachment 31308

The duster includes pants on the male version, and obscures legs on the female variant completely. These are both intended.
    Attachment 31311Attachment 31310

If you find these still working different from you see here, please reply and we'll take another look.
    Thanks so much for taking a look at the Rake's Duster. I should have been clearer but the question was around the secondary color. I have the duster as 'Exceptional Black' but the secondary color really doesn't lend well to the vest/pants. They both get a weird tint, for example with 'Sapphire'. Just curious if there was a way to have the vest change color leaving the pants alone ?

https://gyazo.com/2852068a679b027adc5124953c9c0ce2

Nightmare Black on Dream Guard set dyes differently on chest/legs.

EDIT: Looks like its just the chest in general that dyes alot lighter.

https://gyazo.com/0071433c9c49c5322104d3059dbb6aa4
    Last edited by Boase; 04-25-2017 at 10:28 AM.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #71
    Rift Team

Default What a nightmare!

Will take a look. Some of them with really dark and light areas mixed ended up that way in error, should be biased so the lighter areas look correct and we may have some dark patches.

I have a lot of cape costumes, most of them.
    so.. yesterday I wanted to make new costume with bloody reddish cape
    and I had a problem..
    I tested crimson, light, red, pink, ruby, exc. colors.. all redish
    and on all cape its so damn dark :x
    I found only 2 or 3 that looked as it should, thank god one of them had shape i wanted... but yea
    the colors I saw on capes was far away from normal/light/exc.... looked mostly like dark/deep

...I still pray for Exceptionally Ruby being darker on costume I posted above
    Last edited by TankGirl; 04-28-2017 at 01:23 PM.

Champion of Telara Holyroller12's Avatar

and I had a problem..
    I tested crimson, light, red, pink, ruby, exc. colors.. all redish
    and on all cape its so damn dark :x
    I found only 2 or 3 that looked as it should, thank god one of them had shape i wanted... but yea
    the colors I saw on capes was far away from normal/light/exc.... looked mostly like dark/deep

I think capes are on the list, but it was just armor pieces that were re-worked this time around. Hopefully capes in the near future and maybe if we're all really good.. they'll allow us to see our weapons and shields over our capes too. One can dream! ;)
    I know that has nothing to do with dyes
    (70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

14.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #74
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

and I had a problem..
    The change that was done for all the armors has not yet been done of capes/backpacks/wings. Or more correctly, is done, but not yet released. Blazing Octopus would know better what the ETA is for that change going Live.

The difficulty in getting expected shades, of course, is why this dye system rework has been going on. Which leads too...

If your desire is for Exceptional Ruby to look exactly like it used to, that is not going to happen. All of the exceptional colors were made in a way that blast out colors beyond their normal range, to try and compensate for overly dark armor base colors. Now that dyes don't need to over-compensate, they are going to look too bright for most outfits.

Even pre-change, the Exceptional colors were so blasted out that they often obscured detail and generally made artists cringe. The Exceptional shades generally operate outside of normal dye rules and not always very consistently.

On top of that, everyone has their own monitor settings a bit different. Your pictured outfit with Exceptional Ruby looks different on my screen than it does in your image, making it further difficult for me to try and color match what I see in the image.

That said, Dark Pink seems to be the closest match for me. You might want to give that a try.
    Last edited by Tacitus; 04-28-2017 at 03:57 PM.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

dont know where to write it so maybe here

CAPE - Cloak of the Bounty Hunter, please make it dyeable thx

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5