+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Wardrobe Dyes: Feedback

Thank you so much! :*)

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Plsno!
    TWITCH.TV/SESHATAR | TWITTER: @Seshatar | <SoF> Community Discord

IGN: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra <Skins on Farm> / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight <Aced>

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post

Plsno!
    So use Grey like your previous color PFFT. EMBRACE THE BRIGHT!
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    Selling Credits on NA 1.2p per credit. Buying all REX 2.2k each ~ I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    So use Grey like your previous color PFFT. EMBRACE THE BRIGHT!
    I guess what 'plsno' means is that the old version had lighter and darker (grey) areas, while the new one is just white (or grey, or tan, or nightmare purple, or whatever colour ;)). So effectively, it feels like detail is lost in the item.

A Rift screenshot collection.

Watch me on Twitch

Eew. Rip that detail on chest lol

Last edited by Boase; 02-28-2017 at 04:34 PM.
    T for Trinity
    Selling Credits on NA 1.2p per credit. Buying all REX 2.2k each ~ I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #36
    Rift Team

Default Worth Mentioning

A lot of these are still being tweaked, and the technique has changed form the first pass already, based on feedback, to preserve more detail. Should be better when finished.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingOctopus View Post
    A lot of these are still being tweaked, and the technique has changed form the first pass already, based on feedback, to preserve more detail. Should be better when finished.
    Can't wait

Live

Pts

After Patch on March 2nd
    Last edited by Boase; 03-02-2017 at 02:04 PM.
    T for Trinity

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #38
    Rift Team

Another tweak to preserve detail.
    These images have been quite valuable to help get this right, really appreciate it!
    So in general, things that are very dark will be getting brighter, to allow dyes to be closer to their actual colors, and more consistent when applied. There were many armors that had such dark starting colors that they could never be anything but dark. Our first pass went too far in brightening and obliterated too much fine detail, so this second (actually third) pass is going back the other way towards keeping detail. It's hard to be perfect on each and every item, but getting as close as possible.

Everyone will likely have to reapply some colors, generally darker, to keep things as they were, but it will open up a world of brighter colors which were jut not achievable before.

Wardrobe Dyes: Feedback-detail_preservation2.jpg

Shadowlander

Question Fabulous Bundle of Dye Buckets

Is there any possibility that people with the Fabulous Bundle of Dye Buckets can automatically unlock the new dyes? It is one of the most expensive items in the store. Or at least offer a discount on the purchasable ones if you have the dye bucket?
    Last edited by Nebulus77; 03-01-2017 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebulus77 View Post
    Is there any possibility that people with the Fabulous Bundle of Dye Buckets can automatically unlock the new dyes? It is one of the most expensive items in the store. Or at least offer a discount on the purchasable ones if you have the dye bucket?
    Thats now how things work its a completely separate new dye set.
    T for Trinity

Shadowlander

Lightbulb Never Know

You never know, maybe they'd be nice about it. At least offer a discount.

Default Pretty please.

My characters have more than 300 outfits between them. Hundreds of hours spent, picking items, and struggling with color matching. Any change made, will break an awful lot, if not all of them.

For me, and everyone else with an existing outfit.

But.

What if you put in a three position switch on each primary and secondary color?

Brighter. Original. Darker.

Then nothing gets broken. Everyone has way more options.

And you will be my hero.
    In shining darkness, wisdom finds... what in the light, cannot be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Verrliit View Post
    My characters have more than 300 outfits between them. Hundreds of hours spent, picking items, and struggling with color matching. Any change made, will break an awful lot, if not all of them.
    Let's please not act as if changing colors and outfits is this back breaking ordeal. Anytime any change is made to rift, some minority of people will always treat it as the end of days coming. Don't be one of those people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuraii View Post
    Did you see any cleric in that pic?
    How come not if get got the op faeri?

Champion

I'm happy to see light colors being really light, but I fear losing some vibrant dark colors we now have.
    Using grey to match what we now have with white is easy.
    But I use some colors (blue, sepia, ruby...) with their darkest variation. So if everything is made lighter and brighter, I will not be able to change to a darker hue to keep the colors I used for years.
    What are you proposing to us who like dark tones on exceptional colors? Do you add one darker hue to every exceptional dye to balance the global brightening?

screenshots of my favorite outfits, in dark sepia tone, dark tangerine and dark blue on live. What will this become?
    Wardrobe Dyes: Feedback-sepiablue.jpg
    Last edited by Mordrahan; 03-06-2017 at 01:40 PM.

There seems to be some stark contrast with exceptionally gold on various pieces. A lot of the old PvP pieces and infernal dawn stuff seems to take it as a darker almost orange tint whereas the lifeebound steel, Frostkeeper's greathelm and Hunter's plate greaves take it a a really bright fluorescent yellow. It's hard to match up wardrobe schemes this way. Mostly a nitpick, but otherwise keep up the good work!

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast