+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Wardrobe Dyes: Feedback

Exceptionally Dyes are still very chalky

Last edited by Boase; 02-16-2017 at 12:03 PM.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    Selling Credits on NA 1.3p per credit. Buying all REX 2.2k each ~ I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase

Champion

If normal white is that good, I think I never will use exceptional white (too bright and erases all details).
    I paid for half the palette, I hope that those which work well will stay the same. Especially exceptional dyes. I love blue and sepia and ruby as they are now.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #18
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

The exceptional dyes will mostly be garish and blasted out. They were always overly blasted out, mostly useful for compensating for very dark armor under the old system. With truer coloration, they are just going to be too bright. For my tastes, at least. But I just prefer more subdued hues.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Rift Disciple

I haven't tested anything on PTS, but was wondering will feet dyes get looked as well? they are usually darker then the rest of the outfit

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingOctopus View Post
    That would be wonderful but it's probably not technically possible. What may be possible is to rework the tint regions so more of the armor bits are included in the dyed areas. Not ideal but pretty good! That would take a pretty big chunk of work though, so that's not something that would happen real soon if it's possible at all.
    EDIT: Re-read your suggestion Holyroller12, and it actually sounds like you're suggesting exactly this!
    Yeah. That still sounds like what I suggested, but just done in a different way. Either way like you said, that would still be pretty cool.

Great job on fixing the Ahnket Chestguard the Dreamguard set as well. It looks like capes need a lot of tinting fixes as well. It would be really nice if the class capes dyed properly, but is something you guys will do a pass on as well even if it's last or will that be a "maybe in the future" kind of thing? Either I'm enjoying these changes so far.

Last edited by Holyroller12; 02-17-2017 at 02:27 AM.
    (70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

FYI, as of last night there are new dyes on PTS. Hot pink and neon green are among them. Expect Boase to look even better/worse when it goes live.

Usukhiel's outfit is on PTS as well. Sideboob for everyone!

(Not sure if Tacitus kept everything on PTS. It was there last night.)
    Hepatitis@Greybriar
    Rift Raids
    Mistakes Were Made
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #22

Quote Originally Posted by Hepatits View Post
    FYI, as of last night there are new dyes on PTS. Hot pink and neon green are among them.

(Not sure if Tacitus kept everything on PTS. It was there last night.)
    That was experimenting work in progress. The final slate of new dyes should be in the next PTS update. A total of 18 new shades.
    Rift Team Designer

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingOctopus View Post
    Attachment 30606

Example with some more colorful dye choices.
    Having two shades on one dye part of the item (clearly noticeable on legs and gloves after comments) is not that great imo.

Maby it's possible to have exceptionally dyes dye it like "before comments", and have normal dyes dye it like "after comments"?
    Or maby merge the details from "after comments" with the way it's dyed with "before comments"?

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    That was experimenting work in progress. The final slate of new dyes should be in the next PTS update. A total of 18 new shades.
    Well the one's we've seen so far are awesome.
    Hepatitis@Greybriar
    Rift Raids
    Mistakes Were Made
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #25

Ok, the PTS update that just hit has all 18 dyes.

2 Nightmare shade - Green and Purple (basically Exceptional intensity dyes to match up with the Nightmare Budgie mount).

6 Tenebrean shades - Green, Purple, Blue, Light Blue, Amber, and Yellow. These are bright shades, like the glow of Tenebrean technology, but not at the level of Exceptional brightness.

Lichen - a pale grey-green, with dark and light versions.

Sand - a pale grey-yellow, with dark and light versions.

Crimson - a more intense red, with dark and light versions.

Mariel-Taun Pink
    Rift Team Designer

I approve of this thread, best part of 4.1 confirmed

Is there any possibility of adding nightmare black as a purchasable dye? I'd buy it.
    Last edited by Xclvsive; 02-17-2017 at 12:57 PM.
    ~Xclusive

Sword of Telara

Hm this will require some major rework for most people's wardrobe, I guess.
    For example, my boots had light magenta, which never was particularly bright, now the closest match is not normal but dark magenta. Granted, that's more how it was supposed to look anyway, so I'm not really surprised.

I can only hope people will find suitable replacements, but I guess we'll have to demand some more new colors ^^
    Dimension Addon 'Tinker Tools' is now available on Curse!
    Or grab the latest development code on GitHub.

Telaran

Last night I could play with the new colors on PTS.

With today's PTS update, all the new colors are locked .
    Last edited by mashata; 02-18-2017 at 01:20 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Ok, the PTS update that just hit has all 18 dyes.

2 Nightmare shade - Green and Purple (basically Exceptional intensity dyes to match up with the Nightmare Budgie mount).

6 Tenebrean shades - Green, Purple, Blue, Light Blue, Amber, and Yellow. These are bright shades, like the glow of Tenebrean technology, but not at the level of Exceptional brightness.

Lichen - a pale grey-green, with dark and light versions.

Sand - a pale grey-yellow, with dark and light versions.

Crimson - a more intense red, with dark and light versions.

Mariel-Taun Pink
    Love all the dyes thank you especially the lichens and sands but could we please get a true orange next time that isn't yellow or brown? Fried Chicken Budgie Orange maybe?

And thanks for the Roll Tide Crimsons.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 02-20-2017 at 05:46 PM.

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #30
    Rift Team

Default Here's a good example of what we're doing:

Abiding Fabled leather armor with colors Yellow (Primary) and Ruby (Secondary)

Wardrobe Dyes: Feedback-abiding_fabled.jpg
    Last edited by BlazingOctopus; 02-23-2017 at 02:41 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast