+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Dimples
  • 1 Post By Fia

Thread: TARTARIC DEPTHS FEEDBACK -BELIGOSH (Lava Tasuil)

Default TARTARIC DEPTHS FEEDBACK -BELIGOSH (Lava Tasuil)

Since there is no official thread for the 10man bosses yet I thought I'd make one for people who are going in to test on PTS.

Please post all your findings, concerns and things that you may think are bugs here.

-Tank swap mechanic is currently at 15% healing per stack. I feel it would be abit too unforgiving for pugs with a tank swap if its that high.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    Selling Credits on NA 1.3p per credit. Buying all REX 2.2k each ~ I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase

Shadowlander

Thumbs up total chaos beligosh

our guild went in to tartaric depths yesterday on pts and just wanted to share what we saw we did several pulls prior to killing just to see mechanics.

-constant aoe through out the fight, several players (random) would get a red aoe around them have to remain spread to avoid damaging one another was not a one shot though. appeared as a bomb on raid frames uncleansable.
    -tank swap at 2 stacks otherwise will kill the healer (rip paradax thanks for putting up with us figuring that out)
    -at 30 seconds adds would spawn. The golems would spawn on most pulls, however; there were a few pulls we didn't get any (adds spawn in response to mechanic fail or just not spawning properly? idk)
    -at 1:30 boss takes flight untargetable and 3 blue circles spawn around the room. We did not figure out the purpose of these we got no buffs upon entering the circles and the provided no immunity to flame walls that spawned. After boss took flight flame walls would spawn. dodge flame walls (this proved somewhat difficult)
    -at 10 percent boss would sit in the center and a sort of soft enrage would begin flame walls from outer ring would converge on the center where boss is located. Burn boss before flame walls hit him or he heals for 25 percent of his health and flame walls will kill several people (dps check) it did not kill whole raid though.

our raid composition was 2cleric tanks a frostkeeper, phystact, bard and 5 dps. When we took to killing it we did so in 2min 4sec. With high dps we were able to burn to 10 percent before dragon took flight and push phase, so no flame walls or purple blueish circles. We did get golems on kill pull.

comments: for most part everyone who came raids together pretty often so we had good tank healer synergy. I do agree with boase that tank swap is unforgiving on tank healer, but i really like the mechanic. Tanks definitely have to manage cool downs and swap the second it falls off not much room for error 3stacks was survivable sometimes, but 4 would one shot the healer as he was taking back to back 160k hits and we had a very experienced tank healer (i.e. couldn't save himself). The timing of the adds and when the boss takes flight in my opinion should be percentage based on bosses health not time based. Most groups will kill this boss with decent tanks and tank healer and high dps to push phase. Low dps groups will fail almost inevitably every time on the flame walls and not make soft enrage before boss heals. I also think this boss should get his health boosted. We killed it in our current gear (gear will probably be better by time it goes live) without trying too terribly hard in sorting dps in 2minutes. There was an achieve for killing in under 5minutes, which any successful kill group will get. The dodge flame walls seems like it will be a good mechanic if it shows up during the raid and phase not pushed. Hope some of this feedback helps at all and we are looking forward to the live raid content dropping.

I free typed this off the top of my head so please forgive grammatical inconsistencys

special thx to our non guild friends for joining us paradax@laethys <corrupted elders> kaylerich@laethys <nefarious> lakashi@wolfsbane <equinox> and ghostlyrider@faeblight <dawn of terror>
    Last edited by fearhi; 02-05-2017 at 06:57 AM.

Soulwalker

total chaos beligosh

As Tank healer for the total chaos run once they sorted out they need to swap at 2 stack or 3 at the most (so i didnt end up dead on the floor) I found the tank swap stack to be at a good level. As FK i ran with EB on myself so in the most part raid heals could keep me up, at 3 stacks pug healers will find it a challenge (which is good to my thinking) as you need as much healing as the tanks.

-constant aoe through out the fight, several players (random) would get a red aoe around them have to remain spread to avoid damaging one another was not a one shot though. appeared as a bomb on raid frames uncleansable.

This i think was being cleaned off by the raid healer, i think if there on there game the raid could be stacked. Not a great deal of raid damage and if there fast with the clean they should be ok.

From a healing point of view the fight looks to be on the easy side of things, at this level pug healers shouldnt have to much of a problem if the tanks get the swap

Shadowlander

Default New changes

excellent changes to the fight we just went back and finished it again. The tank damage is still very heavy and could be a little unforgiving to pugs especially when you get a lot of adds. Figured out the blue circles and didnt just dps through all the mechanics that time.

Rift Chaser

As was already mentioned golems seemed to be hit or miss on spawning

if the tank who had aggro before the dragon went into flight for the phase changed happened to die during the golem phase beligosh despawned upon phasing out of golem part.

all in all really nice fight but i think flames and spread bombs should be more punishing if no raid awareness is present, seemed to be a meh ignore it type mechanic

We started with a Cleric Tank and a Warrior Tank. Cleric tank pulls, insta-dies. get auto-attacked hit for 700K+.

We tried another tactic. Warrior tank pulls, Cleric Tank is the OT. I had the Cleric tank taunt off me, and insta-dies again.

We tried another Cleric Tank. Both Cleric tanks were Elves. Cleric tank pulls and inst-dies. To make sure, I swapped to another Cleric tank, but Mathosan. Cleric tank insta-dies. Tried with a Mage tank, no issues.

So based upon our findings, Cleric tanks are nothing but cannon fodder on first boss fight.
    Last edited by Dimples; 02-23-2017 at 06:08 PM.
    Dimples Warrior Tank * If she flashes her dimples at you, it may cause pleasurable blindness.
    Laurie Cleric Tank * Life without Love, is like chocolate cake without real sugar.
    Dweia Rogue Tank * Come. Come with me. I will care for you.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Dimples View Post
    We started with a Cleric Tank and a Warrior Tank. Cleric tank pulls, insta-dies. get auto-attacked hit for 700K+.

We tried another tactic. Warrior tank pulls, Cleric Tank is the OT. I had the Cleric tank taunt off me, and insta-dies again.

We tried another Cleric Tank. Both Cleric tanks were Elves. Cleric tank pulls and inst-dies. To make sure, I swapped to another Cleric tank, but Mathosan. Cleric tank insta-dies. Tried with a Mage tank, no issues.

So based upon our findings, Cleric tanks are nothing but cannon fodder on first boss fight.
    Nope, Cleric tanks are fine. You need to have the 61pt legendary
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    Hold on to the people who are already fighting in your corner, don't gamble on the people who haven't shown any interest or effort

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    =)

this is going to be a common issue I feel. Tooltips are a crutch and the boss attacks don't let you know you should be 61pt legendary.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Ahhhh. So Cleric tanks now are forced to take a craptastic Legendary Ability in order to be a tank? That's beyond idiotic and completely mind blowing.
    Dimples Warrior Tank * If she flashes her dimples at you, it may cause pleasurable blindness.
    Laurie Cleric Tank * Life without Love, is like chocolate cake without real sugar.
    Dweia Rogue Tank * Come. Come with me. I will care for you.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Dimples View Post
    Ahhhh. So Cleric tanks now are forced to take a craptastic Legendary Ability in order to be a tank? That's beyond idiotic and completely mind blowing.
    I like doing 600k aoe damage for 20 seconds

But yes, tanks now need to spec into 61 legendary to survive raid boss hits.
    Last edited by Boase; 02-23-2017 at 07:41 PM.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    Selling Credits on NA 1.3p per credit. Buying all REX 2.2k each ~ I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post

i'm not on PTS but this did just remind me, the tool tip on my cleric 61 legendary makes no mention of legendary hits, although it does on my mage, it doesn't surprise me that some ppl may not know about this

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post

Is it cause tanks were carrying to hard? Cause, rip my cleanse spec. Not that I'd consider bringing my wardi-car spec to a raid but once groups stupid overgear the content I could see it happen.... but not anymore.

Plane Walker

On a more relevant note: I think this encounter may have gotten nerfed a bit too much. The rock golem adds spawn too slow. Now they come one by one instead of 2-3 which had us waiting around for the next one so that we could make the dragon land. Also, the soft enrage at the end where the fire closes in was so slow that we hardly noticed it before the boss fell over. I would say he either needs a few more HPs or the fire needs to move a bit faster.

Other than that I think this is in a good spot and quite pug friendly.

Fia

Trion, buff this Boss again, pls! This boss is now so ridiculously easy, that it's on a similar level to Instant Adventures, i.e. this won't even be a challenge for anyone, which would be a real shame. Imo the boss was perfect the way it was before the nerf, I cannot understand why you had to nerf it so hard again. :///
    Last edited by Fia; 03-11-2017 at 11:52 PM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

+ Reply to Thread