+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: TARTARIC DEPTHS FEEDBACK - TARJULIA (spider boss)

Default TARTARIC DEPTHS FEEDBACK - TARJULIA (spider boss)

Since there is no official thread for the 10man bosses yet I thought I'd make one for people who are going in to test on PTS.

Please post all your findings, concerns and things that you may think are bugs here.

-Caccooned Souls have the same HP as the boss.

-Molten Blast is hitting for 380k+

-Stun was happening too often and tank would lose stacks.

-The Heat stacks are cleanseable.

-Seems like a super easy boss after you kill the Heat stacks pillar.
    Last edited by Boase; 02-04-2017 at 09:51 PM.

Shadowlander

took a look at this one but not many attempts the cocoons have the same HP as the boss and seemed like it would take forever to kill

Fia

I think this boss is a bit lacking in mechanics compared to the first boss. It would be awesome if the devs could add one or two more mechanics before it goes live. (:
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

New 4K 21:9-Ratio Videos: http://youtube.com/astheatv

King of Slackers

After first nerf

Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons
    Youtube
    Twitch
    Ghar Station Discord

Fia

Takes waaaaayyy too long! V:

But the initial incoming damage (up until minute 2:30) is really nice, I feel wanted as a healer. :DDD

Last edited by Fia; 02-19-2017 at 03:54 PM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

New 4K 21:9-Ratio Videos: http://youtube.com/astheatv

Telaran

Default Overbuffed

I think this fight got buffed since the group damage seems a lot higher. It is overbalanced at this point, and not feasible for a pug LFR. It's a very long fight too.

On a side note, I've gotten 2 Engine upgrade conponents so far, so I'm totally screwed on my RNG in live now, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebulus77 View Post
    I think this fight got buffed since the group damage seems a lot higher. It is overbalanced at this point, and not feasible for a pug LFR. It's a very long fight too.

On a side note, I've gotten 2 Engine upgrade conponents so far, so I'm totally screwed on my RNG in live now, lol.
    There is only aoe dmg when she is overhealed. Just dps her to 90% for the first set of spider adds and until the soul is down.

Rift Chaser

Default had a great time

First and foremost this was the first night in a long time got members of the guild together for a bit of challenging content. I really missed reading tooltip buffs, figuring out the fight, tweaking strategy and getting through it.

The over all raid damage can be punishing if mechanics are not dealt with properly, as should be the case, so this was refreshing to see. I enjoy the variability in strat/raid comp possibilities in regards to dealing with the pillars.

not sure if intended but seems theres a stun that drops aggro on tank the rng of this cast can line up poorly with spiders spawning for an unfortunate bit of raid damage if tank doesnt break free/taunt back quick enough.

i think this fight will be a pug test in its current state as no one or two roles can carry the fight. everyone needs to be doing the right thing and this fight more so than beligosh will require a pug to step into a less common spec to get the fight done, for instance we decided to run a cab to deal with the pesky quick moving skitterlings.

Quote Originally Posted by makerofwidows View Post

not sure if intended but seems theres a stun that drops aggro on tank the rng of this cast can line up poorly with spiders spawning for an unfortunate bit of raid damage if tank doesnt break free/taunt back quick enough.

Tank takes a large chunk of damage is stunned and the boss drops aggro.

Thats the tank swap that you guys ignored for most of the fight

Second tank taunts during the Spider's Weave cast and they are fine.

The aoe damage you kept taking was from two sources: When the spider adds get to her she heals, any over healing done to her pulses AoE damage to the raid. Either you DPS her down to 90% before working on the first Caccoon or you kill the spiders (like you did).

The other aoe damage happens when you kill a caccoon.

Champion

I think this encounter is in a good spot for a pug boss. It has mechanics you have to do but they're not difficult and there's not that many of them. Will still require coordination beyond "don't stand in red and run to the white square".

Rift Chaser

did the raid damage from killing a soul get a buff my guild went back in there on Sunday and the damage seemed way higher(still manageable for a consistent familar raid group)

Champion

Yes, I think this encounter got a buff in raid damage done. It's still manageable but you have to pay more attention now. I'm not sure how "pug friendly" this is with the new damage output.

Soulwalker

Isp
    Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Nafrem View Post
    This boss (and all TD bosses) are killable with 1 tank and 8 men raid. And when you have full raid it's even easier. You need 2 tanks and swaps only if raid dps is very low.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Leocadia View Post
    Yes, I think this encounter got a buff in raid damage done. It's still manageable but you have to pay more attention now. I'm not sure how "pug friendly" this is with the new damage output.
    I did it last week and again on Wednesday. Last week was my first time touching the boss and we had both a chloro and a Bardphys trying to keep up. On Wednesday, I had no trouble solo raid healing it in Bardphys. I definitely think the damage output was reduced.
    R.I.P.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast