+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By DarkDaemon
  • 1 Post By DarkDaemon
  • 1 Post By Artewig
  • 2 Post By keepor
  • 1 Post By legitN

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Tartaric Depths: Boss 2 Enabled

  1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    25

    Default Tartaric Depths: Boss 2 Enabled

    Hello everyone, I just wanted to let you know, that Boss 2 of the upcoming raid, Tartaric Depths, has been enabled on PTS.

    To enter Tartaric Depths, there is now a temporary portal in Alittu at loc 4110.107422 818.499512 6351.837402 0.311580 (or to the left of the stairs south of the porticulum).

    NOTE: There is currently an issue with art assets using a 64 bit client. Please use a 32 bit client if you wish to enter the raid instance.

    There are also temporary teleport orbs to port you to boss 1, and boss 2. Each boss also has a teleporter to bring you back to the start so you don't have to run all over the place.

  2. #2
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    Hello everyone, I just wanted to let you know, that Boss 2 of the upcoming raid, Tartaric Depths, has been enabled on PTS.

    To enter Tartaric Depths, there is now a temporary portal in Alittu at loc 4110.107422 818.499512 6351.837402 0.311580 (or to the left of the stairs south of the porticulum).

    NOTE: There is currently an issue with art assets using a 64 bit client. Please use a 32 bit client if you wish to enter the raid instance.

    There are also temporary teleport orbs to port you to boss 1, and boss 2. Each boss also has a teleporter to bring you back to the start so you don't have to run all over the place.
    "Running all over the place" = least fav feature of Rift raids.

    Try to cut down on that.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noseeum View Post
    "Running all over the place" = least fav feature of Rift raids.

    Try to cut down on that.
    is this sarcasm? please let this be sarcasm. COA has no trash mobs in it. at all. you port in. do a mini boss. run to next boss. do two mini bosses. so last three bosses. how much less running around can they do?

  4. #4
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    edit: I'm an idiot
    Last edited by Archyface; 01-30-2017 at 05:57 PM.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

  5. #5
    Ascendant DarkDaemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neurotix View Post
    COA has no trash mobs in it. at all
    That's not true.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    That's not true.
    there is no trash mobs in coa. any extra mobs are part of a boss or mini boss fight.

  7. #7
    Ascendant DarkDaemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neurotix View Post
    there is no trash mobs in coa. any extra mobs are part of a boss or mini boss fight.
    I'm sure you know so much more about COA than I do.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Artewig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neurotix View Post
    there is no trash mobs in coa. any extra mobs are part of a boss or mini boss fight.
    I must have the worst luck then... Running CoA every week and never got an achievement or any loot from that big boss right inside the entrance...
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    Hold on to the people who are already fighting in your corner, don't gamble on the people who haven't shown any interest or effort
    So... Progression Raiding isn't a play style? Got it...

  9. #9
    RIFT Guide Writer Deeew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neurotix View Post
    there is no trash mobs in coa. any extra mobs are part of a boss or mini boss fight.
    This is A+ quality right here.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

  10. #10
    Ascendant Boase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,484

    Default

    Caccooned Souls have the same HP as the boss.

    Molten Blast is hitting for 380k+

    Stun was happening too often and tank would lose stacks.

    The Heat stacks are cleanseable.

    Seems like a super easy boss after you kill the Heat stacks pillar. (we 4 manned it if the souls didn't have 483mill hp each )
    Last edited by Boase; 01-31-2017 at 11:16 AM.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    Selling Credits on NA 1.2p per credit. Buying all REX 2.2k each ~ I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase

  11.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #11
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    20

    Default

    These changes to TarJulia (boss 2 of Tartaric Depths) will appear on an upcoming pts patch.
    Basic Attack:
    - Tarjulia’s auto attack now focuses on the nearest two players, get comfortable with your other tank, yall gonna be huggin.
    Spire of Rage:
    - When Tarjulia is raging she grants a new basic attack splashing damage across the entire raid in addition to having increased damage
    Skittering Helpers:
    - Now heal TarJulia for 5% each increased from 3%
    - Health reduced
    Molten Blast:
    - Damage reduced slightly
    - Frequency of the cast drastically reduced
    - Projectile speed slowed down
    - No longer focuses the tank, instead chases a random target.
    Spider’s Weave:
    - Frequency of cast increased
    - Tarjulia should leave the current tank to attack someone else when applied
    Hot Hands:
    - Now should appear as cleansable
    - Rate of application increased
    - No longer caps at 10 stacks
    Infernal Soul:
    - Health reduced

  12. #12
    King of Slackers
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    332

    Default Third pull with coffee break

    Keepro - King of Slackers
    Twitch
    Youtube
    World First & GuidesTartaric Depths - All Bosses & Smile and Wave
    Sorry, sarcasm falls out of my mouth, like stupidity falls out of yours.

  13. #13
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Very boring boss fight: After you killed the Infernal Souls and the pillars during that time you just feel like punching a parsing dummy(reducing boss health by 50% or something like this would be nice just to cut down the boring phase). Also with the current implementation the skitters could also heal for 100% max life it doesn`t matter.

    Also would be nice if legendary abilities won`t stop to work mid fight in the raid and also Blademark seems to not work properly on the Infernal Souls.
    Last edited by legitN; 02-08-2017 at 02:25 PM.

  14. #14
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,522

    Default

    Boss has different mechanics or fixed mechanics. It is not as easy as the Keepor Vid. Also, people keep crashing on this fight.

  15. #15
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by legitN View Post
    Very boring boss fight: After you killed the Infernal Souls and the pillars during that time you just feel like punching a parsing dummy(reducing boss health by 50% or something like this would be nice just to cut down the boring phase). Also with the current implementation the skitters could also heal for 100% max life it doesn`t matter.

    Also would be nice if legendary abilities won`t stop to work mid fight in the raid and also Blademark seems to not work properly on the Infernal Souls.
    i was getting the pts action bar bug where it wouldnt show the cooldown but ability was still used it was less than ideal but ill chalk that up to known pts issue, as for legendaries not working idt people in our group saw that but what i just mentioned.

    blademark has a 30-35m (not sure which) range the two targets must be in, some are not close enough but i know for certain blademark was working on the soul at the 9 o clock position and the 8 o clock position if the entrance is to be considered 6.

    as for the boss becoming a dummy parse its all a matter of how you choose to do the fight and it sounds like you chose to leave her at 100% until all pillars and souls were dead
    Last edited by makerofwidows; 02-21-2017 at 11:24 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts