+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Intrepid Gyel Fortress coming to a PTS Near You

Senior Community Manager Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar

Default Intrepid Gyel Fortress coming to a PTS Near You

Hey all!

The Rift Team has let us know that they're currently working on a new PTS update that will enable the Intrepid Gyel Fortress for all of you. We'll update here in this thread as the time approaches, but the Fortress is coming!

Rift Disciple

Well it's on PTS now for those interested. It doesn't feel too intrepid yet - but we can fix that.

Ignoring the loot since this was mentioned to be incomplete, however as an aside we were given planarite along the way. Please, the last boss needs to have it's own epic loot, with 0/5 the same as all the other expert dungeons.

"How to Motivate Groups to kill trash"
    Spoiler!

On to the actual dungeon feedback:

The barricade to be blown up was missing, the guy who blows it up was doing his thing however we could walk past, and there were no visuals.

Trash throughout seemed to be scaled correctly and doing adequate damage.

Seathe seemed to be scaled correctly, the Triferno damage was perfect.

Houndmaster Kytus's aoe damage from Hellfire was extremely low (unnoticeable until checked damage taken) so this needs scaling up considerably. Everything used to hurt in NMT and here it was the lowest heal fight, mostly because of this in my opinion. Not sure the mines even spawned, again if they did then they didn't do any damage of significance.

Admiral Nezavar was too smooth, to make it a little less boring the adds could do a little more damage and the boss could possibly have a little more health (10-20%) for the spawned adds to have an effect on the fight. Burning Rain needs to hurt considerably more as with most of the aoe's in here the damage was able to be ignored.

Lady Glasya The aoe damage from Occulon Blast around the tank should hurt a lot, on intrepid we weren't even scratched. Not sure if Scorching Radiation had been scaled as no one tried to stand in it, but since a lot of the other AOE damages were low it's probably worth checking this too.

TL/DR:
    A thorough dungeon in terms of no bugs, other than the visuals of the barricade at the start, no mobs were noticeably 65 etc, just scale up the majority of the AOE damage and it's comparable to the 65 Expert. Perhaps you could throw some surprises in, and consider a title / costume reward for completing the copied achievements, it might take a little motivation to kill those flames again
    Last edited by Yarrellii; 01-22-2017 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarrellii View Post
    A thorough dungeon in terms of no bugs
    That part is yet to be seen on live

I'm fine with aoe damage being low cause I hate it when healing on prim lol

nice piece of feedback all in all tho

Quote Originally Posted by Yarrellii View Post
    Houndmaster Kytus's aoe damage from Hellfire was extremely low (unnoticeable until checked damage taken) so this needs scaling up considerably. Everything used to hurt in NMT and here it was the lowest heal fight, mostly because of this in my opinion. Not sure the mines even spawned, again if they did then they didn't do any damage of significance.
    I guess this is intended. Even at the end of NTE lots of groups wiped at this boss because people,,,,,,,,(well i am not allowed to tell)
    I am the weapon, my daggers are just tools
    Security Warning:This human beeing may use cynicism and sarcasm in a way you are not accustomed to, you might suffer severe mental damage
    Starfall Prophecy ALL Content cleared

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #5

This is great feedback. Thank you, Yarrellii! I'll take a look at the abilities you mentioned and see about adjusting the damage accordingly. I also like the idea of adding a title for completing the Intrepid versions of the achievements.

Strange about the barricade not showing up. I'll look into that as well. Perhaps the kobolds who were supposed to build it ran off to join up with Veist instead.

Champion

This exactly what I meant when I posted my opinion on why there is little testing going on by the players themselves. We have a CM post on the 20th announcing that the new dungeon will be open soon and updated info will be posted here.

On the 22nd we get a post opening with "well it's open" with nothing in between. In other words the CM tells us we will get a notification so we can gather some guildys and go run it for testing then - nothing, it just appears.

Until we get commitment PLUS follow through from the Devs and CM testing will be ad hoc and by the same few people over and over.

Please work together better over there on San Francisco bay and help us help you.

I suggest a locked PTS Schedule forum area or at least a locked schedule post of some kind.

Soulwalker

Hiya,

I'd like to add a few things. Our group was on yesterday as well. Gearing was a carbon copy of live with all BiS gear from current live content. Group consisted of a Warrior VK tank (myself), Healer (Puri), and 3 DPS (no support) We skipped no trash and did it as a new group would:

- Like stated in first post, the barricade was missing as well and was same, NPC doing his thing but we could walk right through.

- First trash pack was a bit wonky tanking. the Larger of the initial 3 mobs (cant recall its name) after first pull and initial aggro was made this mob decided to have a mind of its own. No one in party used any cc of any kind on him and the mob just started slowly walking away from me and the other 2 mobs. I had aggro on him but his animation did not change...literally had to slowly follow him for a few secs until group killed them. Don't know if this was by design or what, but never noticed on 65 reg or expert.

- Seethe - Like original poster said, triferno damage seemed about right. Boss went down quick though. Maybe add some HP to extend fight time?

- Houndmaster Kytus -Hellfire AOE damage again seemed VERY low. Like OP, had to check combat log after to see if it was even doing anything. It was, but need scaling up considerably. Mines DID spawn properly, again damage way to low. Ground fire from dragging him around TOO low. In NMT this fire could be ignored as a tank ONLY if healer was VERY strong and it still did hurt. Here it did practically nothing staying stationary. Also small hounds that spawn to harass party seemed like they were scaled for 65 expert still...again, negligible damage. Bosses health seemed OK...maybe add a tick more to him?

-Admiral Nezavar - Nothing new to OP...his assessment was accurate for us as well.

- Lady Glasya - As OP stated again, this damage was way too low, even a newly geared SPE pug group could totally ignore it. Scorching Radiation damage is also WAY too low. I DID PURPOSELY stand in it through whole duration when it was up to test it. Also ignorable.

Like OP stated, all in all there were NO dungeon breaking bugs that we experienced, just minor, easily fixable ones. The dungeon seemed WAY too easy overall. The bosses feel like they need more health and the damage from each ones mechanics need to be drastically increased. The trash seemed OK health wise, maybe add a little to them as well. Granted, our gearing was much better than a newly SPE ready group would be. I felt very much like it was tankable without a healer or at best a hybrid support/dps. Again, we were all in our live BiS gear 100%. If kept as is, I think it would be too much of a faceroll very quickly for the majority of people. Scale stuff up a bit to at least keep it challenging for better geared players too.
    Another question is the achieves. Are theyre going to be new ones or just 70 clones of the 65 content?

Good job though overall. I expected a ton of bugs considering how recently it was put up. I'm sure some will pop up but over all went smooth.

Thanks for reading this. I may be a noob here on the forum, but have been playing since launch, tanking mostly but do play all roles on 3 different max leveled toons , so I do have a fair bit of experience ;)

Minor thing to add maybe, but one of the hounds that spawn during the fight with Houndmaster Kytus didn't despawn/run away after the Houndmaster went down. I don't recall this ever happening in NT.

Oh, and there's the debuff Houndmaster Kytus puts on the group upon (near) defeat and the chest to remove said debuff. Seeing as the purpose of the debuff in NT was to award the group with a bonus chest, and there aren't any bonus chests in SP, I figure it was either an oversight or you guys just haven't got around to removing it from the intrepid version yet.
    Last edited by Xydru; 01-23-2017 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xydru View Post
    Minor thing to add maybe, but one of the hounds that spawn during the fight with Houndmaster Kytus didn't despawn/run away after the Houndmaster went down. I don't recall this ever happening in NT.
    This happens in the level 65 version of the dungeon if your DPS is high.

Not sure if I missed it on stream but the old Gyel Fortress entrance does not work, is there a new entrance for us that will zone us into Intrepid: Gyel Fortress?
    Last edited by huangchingho; 01-24-2017 at 03:14 AM.

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #11

Quote Originally Posted by huangchingho View Post
    Not sure if I missed it on stream but the old Gyel Fortress entrance does not work, is there a new entrance for us that will zone us into Intrepid: Gyel Fortress?
    The entrance for Intrepid Gyel Fortress is in Ashenfell at The Oracle.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #12

Quote Originally Posted by Xydru View Post
    Oh, and there's the debuff Houndmaster Kytus puts on the group upon (near) defeat and the chest to remove said debuff. Seeing as the purpose of the debuff in NT was to award the group with a bonus chest, and there aren't any bonus chests in SP, I figure it was either an oversight or you guys just haven't got around to removing it from the intrepid version yet.
    The bonus chest for killing Glasya with Foaming at the Mouth still active is not available in Intrepid, but a new version of the associated achievement "Running Rabid" is and will be required as part of a meta achievement that rewards a new title, and so the chest and debuff are still there in this version.

A chest did spawn at the end of our run with a rare quality piece of gear in it, which would have been the bonus chest. The regular chest should have had an epic piece in it, no? Maybe I'm mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon View Post
    The entrance for Intrepid Gyel Fortress is in Ashenfell at The Oracle.
    Can you be more specific? Any coordinates? Me and my buddy explored around The oracle for about half an hour and still could not find the entrance even with Omen sight activated, we simply cannot test it because there is less than 5 people on PTS.

Rift Disciple

Nice job, I appreciate you filling in some of the gaps in my first report

Quote Originally Posted by Croggy View Post
    The dungeon seemed WAY too easy overall. The bosses feel like they need more health and the damage from each ones mechanics need to be drastically increased.
    I don't think this is supposed to be a harder difficulty than any of the other experts, which an experienced and geared group such as yours can easily rollover, devs have said they're discussing master-mode as a real option, which I think would be welcomed by a good chunk of the playerbase.

I feel like NMT led to a skill-level increase in the player-base over the duration, however I still see random groups that are told the mechanics and still fail bosses in tuath'de coven, gyel has less heavy mechanics and so would naturally be easy without a few surprises added in (which would be more of a return to, than an intrepid).

For sure the things we've outlined need to hit harder, but with impending balance changes on the healing side, we've got to assume it'll level out a little for a new group, experts should be a challenge to ultimately be overcome with a varied group. No one wants a rhaz'de canyons scenario if there's other challenging content out there (or yes, still to come).
    Last edited by Yarrellii; 01-25-2017 at 08:09 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast