Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Chloromancer Changes

Rift Disciple

Default Chloromancer Changes

MAGE
    Chloromancer
    Veils now reduce damage dealt by 90%. This penalty is reduced by points in chloromancer down to 40%.

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...e-changes.html

bye bye hybrid *sigh*
    Co-GM of Haganai <Faeblight>
    GM of Filthy Casual <Gelidra> <deleted chars and guild>
    No more money for Trion til changes made

Quote Originally Posted by Zegapain View Post
    MAGE
    Chloromancer
    Veils now reduce damage dealt by 90%. This penalty is reduced by points in chloromancer down to 40%.

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...e-changes.html

bye bye hybrid *sigh*
    Which hybrid, chloroharb hybrid? or solo farm builds?
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Rift Disciple

mostly it is about the solo farm specs.

I understand why they are doing it with the changes to veils imagine harbs pumping out 15k+ hps and 320k+ dps with all veils stacking, running a few harbs and you could drop a healer.

Solo farm builds will struggle with the loss of LGV but you'll still have access to Chloro's passives (and Leg/Bloom). If you don't have Frostkeeper, you're going to want to purchase that soul pack because you'll be relying on Legendary Rime and Legendary Earthen Renewal a bit more if you don't have higher tier planar fragments and BIS (or near) gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Solo farm builds will struggle with the loss of LGV but you'll still have access to Chloro's passives (and Leg/Bloom). If you don't have Frostkeeper, you're going to want to purchase that soul pack because you'll be relying on Legendary Rime and Legendary Earthen Renewal a bit more if you don't have higher tier planar fragments and BIS (or near) gear.
    Just when I was enjoying playing a mage...

Angry

I`m so disappointed on this changes. Instead of fixing scaling issues they nerf chloro hybrids. 90% damage reduction wtf??? One more reason to buy FK: LER! I recon sales dropped a bit recently? What`s about chloros damage this one was a main reason to pick a chloro for raid heal, but now WG is dead, chloro damage dead so?

And what this is even means?
    Healing Torrent will no longer incorrectly consume Boon of Life when it shouldn't.
    So after all we have to cast HT? 2 sec cast is fun for pvp!

Chloro hybrids worked well for years (in all previous expansion!!!) what is the reason to kill it? Can we have an explanation? I REALLY want to know!

I was looking forward to come back when chloro fixed for PVP, but now a lot of my build is DEAD, my solo build, my duel build, my survival build, my duo farming build ALL DEAD because all relays on veil.

ffs there is no middle way you have to nerf straight 90%?? Ridiculous!!! At least for 61 chloro you SHOULD remove this penalty!!

Lifebound Veil healing is now counted as single target healing.
    Thank you for this change, this was so bad.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Rift Chaser

I`m in shock right now. Maybe it would be easier to understand if devs would reveal their long term plans with us. Now I just feel a hole, my favorite soul and the reason I stick with this game is became zombie. As above me, I just want to know why.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sheo View Post
    Chloro hybrids worked well for years (in all previous expansion!!!) what is the reason to kill it? Can we have an explanation? I REALLY want to know!
    This is the best explanation I can give.

A dev recently said chloros 'shouldn't exist' in their current form. Them being able to DPS so much meant that even if they were CLOSE to the healing potential of another class, you'd always pick chloro because healing + damage is always better than healing + little damage.

Chloros are currently undergoing a MAJOR overhaul, the details of which I don't really know, but I expect them to be not really what we're used to. The way chloros heal isn't really in line with how they want classes to heal so it's getting a change. My guess is before the raid comes out.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    This is the best explanation I can give.

A dev recently said chloros 'shouldn't exist' in their current form. Them being able to DPS so much meant that even if they were CLOSE to the healing potential of another class, you'd always pick chloro because healing + damage is always better than healing + little damage.

Chloros are currently undergoing a MAJOR overhaul, the details of which I don't really know, but I expect them to be not really what we're used to. The way chloros heal isn't really in line with how they want classes to heal so it's getting a change. My guess is before the raid comes out.
    You know, I know, we mages all knows this is no true in SFP, chloromancer no more has outstanding damage. Devs killing all unique souls and try to achieve all souls to "blend in".
    I don`t like it, turning chloromancer into a direct healer is a breaking point to me!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kokovap View Post
    You know, I know, we mages all knows this is no true in SFP, chloromancer no more has outstanding damage. Devs killing all unique souls and try to achieve all souls to "blend in".
    I don`t like it, turning chloromancer into a direct healer is a breaking point to me!
    Yeah sorry I did forget to add that. The notion that chloro does too much damage has gone out the window with the amount of damage other healers are now doing in the expansion.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Rift Disciple

Trion, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Chloromancer is NOT broken; Dominator is. Please redirect your attention to Dominator and leave Chloro as it was, at least until you fix Dom.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Serpent View Post
    Trion, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Chloromancer is NOT broken; Dominator is. Please redirect your attention to Dominator and leave Chloro as it was, at least until you fix Dom.
    Keyens has no idea what he's doing.
    He's just making random changes without repercussion. (I think he's trying to normalize average dps among the healers).

If I was to level my mage again without chloroharb hybrid with lucent slash spam I will probably die to bordom.

That being said leveling as warlock and elementalist has ALWAYS been viable since the release of this game. Warlock is just little more advanced but it's not hard to learn and you can always fall back on to ele as well go earth ele and push buttons it's just slower.

Also full harb leveling isn't half bad either.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 01-11-2017 at 04:28 AM.

Might as well just make Chloros a targeted healer. Do away with "damage" completely.

wow this is terrible, another one bites the dust i guess, rip most unique healing soul ever.

so is the plan to turn chlro into another run of the boring aoe soul? what does it bring to the table know besides heavy cast times?

such a major rework should have been in the works pre expansion

Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    Might as well just make Chloros a targeted healer. Do away with "damage" completely.
    I can`t say that this will be the day when I stop play, because last 2 years I already play few weeks on-few weeks off basis, but this will be the Day when I stop checking forum or care with rift the last bit. Chloro was all the time fun, unique, a bit challenging especially playing it in pvp and different from regular healers this is why we love it. Why do they have to destroy it?
    This is not even a small change to drop the bomb to us without any explanation or allow us to look into future plans!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc
    Last edited by Sheo; 01-11-2017 at 06:16 AM.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast