+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PTS/Live Datamining - January 2017 (Spoilers!)

Default PTS/Live Datamining - January 2017 (Spoilers!)

So, with the confirmation of the T1 10-man being Tartaric Depths... *throws confetti everywhere*

New month, new incoming PTS and Live patches to datamine and content updates on PTS to explore. Let's keep this on topic, and see what secrets we can uncover both in the game files and in the game's content itself!
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

908 MB patch. WOO!

Datamining scripts will be running soon, but for now, the LFR for Tartaric Depths is in, as are Achievements for Intrepid: Gyel Fortress.

Image thanks to M12342!
    Last edited by Clowd; 01-12-2017 at 12:28 PM.

I'm still working through this patch, there's a lot! Some highlights:

Zone level models for Tartaric Depths are in, but mostly untextured
    At least 2 Tartaric Depths boss models are present
    New "Tenebrean" zone event boss
    6 new Eternal Weapons
    2 new Eternal Shields
    Summerfest mace & staff
    Tok's themed portrait
    New dimension items (I have not textured these yet) - ~50 or so new items so far
    New Mariel-Taun day costume armor (no textures to pair with it yet)

Teaser of things to come soon. This boss is named "Tarjulia"

Today in Datamiing, we have our first look at Tartaric Depths (SPOILERS!) - http://ow.ly/kVIQ307YVna

Just pieced together a bizzare map. Any ideas?

The left 2 sections are copies of each other, which is odd. This does not appear to be related to Tok's proving grounds at all. Some potential upcoming content? a test map? did the devs just throw us a red herring?

The map matches with these 3 models, which I found back in beta. I will try and get better pics soon(tm).

The models are labeled "TOA_floor_proxy", "TOA_floor_proxy_small", ""TOA_floor_proxy_small2". TOA usually refers to "Tower of Ahnket" here in the files. I have no clue where this is placed.

This map has been in the files since launch, and I never noticed it or the connection to these models. Strange.
    Last edited by Clowd; 01-16-2017 at 07:08 PM.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

In before we discover Trion has been trolling us and Tower of Ahnket is a multi-layered, multi-room, multi-boss 20-man raid that will take a year to complete.

It took a while, but finally I have datamined the rest of the PTS patches up untl now. This should round out the remaining things I mentioned. I've also datamined the new Baligosh model + texture.

Yes, fully textured Valentine's Day costume garb is here, too!

http://www.thegharstation.com/2017/0...-day-spoilers/
    Last edited by Clowd; 01-19-2017 at 06:17 PM.

Slow week last week, nothing new in the Weekly hotfix, and no PTS updates. BUT I finally got the crucia costume armor textured!

http://www.thegharstation.com/2017/0...rucia-costume/

Here's one pic, more in the link above.
    Last edited by Clowd; 01-30-2017 at 07:09 AM.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clowd View Post
    no PTS updates.
    Been a few days since i last checked but am currently downloading a 1.29GB Update, might be old but get to it!!, chop chop.

**Edit**

Actually now that i think of it, had to change to 32-bit to be able to enter new portal to Tartaric Depths, might just be the game downloading stuff it needs to 'catch up' with 32-bit settings, haven't run 32-bit since 64-bit came out.
    Last edited by Slipmat; 01-30-2017 at 10:17 PM.

Already got it! This is primarily a Tartaric depths update, but the icon packages have been updated, and we have new T1 raid armor - set 403. Currently, I only have the models for the male cloth and plate sets.

I am rewriting my datamining scripts to make the process even faster.

Before the month ends, I have a new datamining script and method that lets me identify all specifically new content that was just patched. This found some more fun new stuff in the January 30th PTS patch. Namely, 2 new icon sets: one new "Carli" armor (the devil in Ashenfell), and... Usukel's armor, the character from Planetouched Wilds!

These are icons, which means that the set is currently in development.

I'll have all of these and more T1 raid gear images posted on the site sometime this week.

Ok, ok, I know it's February 1st, but I have the Jan 30th PTS patch datamined. I just welcomed a new member onto the datamining team, and we've been at work expanding our toolset.
    • New T1 gear is up for preview.
    • Example of the TD ruins using our new texturing method
    • new icons galore!

http://www.thegharstation.com/2017/0...-4-1-spoilers/

General of Telara

I looked around on the PTS today and found SFP planar crafting and the eternal weapon epic quest available.

Planar Crafting

npc is at 4028 6360
    The one npc there has the new recipes and offers a weekly quest for a new lure and a weekly quest for your choice of rep or marks.
    all planar crafting recipes share one type of rift drop rather than one from the 6 different planes
    Armorsmith/outfitter make a 300 hit helm
    weaponsmith/artificer make 250 hit ranged
    runecrafter makes a mining foraging fishing and butchering rune for shoulders.
    apoth has some kind of new fluff item that adds limbs?
    dreamweaver has 2 new dim keys

Eternal Weapon Quest

npc is at 4010 6188
    As a cleric I only was able to get a dex sword
    you get it after only 2 quests and then you can see all the steps you need to take to upgrade it!
    one step, for example, has you recycle 1,000 fragments!

15.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #15
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Accol View Post
    apoth has some kind of new fluff item that adds limbs?
    Ah, that sounds like a bug - placeholder ability on the items while I was building them not yet replaced (QA just started testing the planar crafting stuff for me this afternoon). Will fix those up.

Basically the reliquaries are are battle usable object on a unique cooldown just for reliquaries that is not consumed on use.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast