+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL: New SFP Raid Boss coming to PTS!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #16
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

As of this post, PTS has been patchified, and LFR is back on.

You should no longer fall through the floor in Tartaric Depths.
    Say hi to Beligosh for me!
    Brasse

- His pull range is far too long (seems to be ~33m). Hit box is alright (for his current model) but he shouldn't gain aggro as soon as you run down the stairs.

- He usually resets when he flies into the air

- The tank swap debuff seems to be wonky. Our tank hit himself for 3x90k with what looked like a salvation heal at 3 or 4 stacks.

- There's a 'kick' option when you right click a raid member if you're an assist or leader, but you can't kick.

- You can vote kick but not invite people.

In terms of numerical balance, his HP is low (I think two decent DPS would have met any checks on him), his autoattack is a tad bit low, but the earth golems auto attack is a tad bit high. Overall, raid damage is manageable but a tiny bit unforgiving for lower skill level groups.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #18

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    - There's a 'kick' option when you right click a raid member if you're an assist or leader, but you can't kick.

- You can vote kick but not invite people.
    These are related to LFR, not the boss. I can look into removing the kick option if you're in LFR instead of just blocking it, and you're not allowed to invite in LFR.
    You don't know what these socks are!

Quote Originally Posted by SupermanSocks View Post
    you're not allowed to invite in LFR.
    Could you reconsider this? Only being able to requeue to get another player but being able to form a premade group seems to be counterproductive and cumbersome.

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #20

Could you reconsider this? Only being able to requeue to get another player but being able to form a premade group seems to be counterproductive and cumbersome.
    Right now the system does not know the difference between a premade or a "regular" group, meaning it's impossible to allow inviting for one group and not the other.

Edit: I'll talk to the raid team about it but most likely the best solution is just to walk in the portal.
    Last edited by SupermanSocks; 01-13-2017 at 05:20 PM.
    You don't know what these socks are!

a tiny bit unforgiving for lower skill level groups.
    Doesn't sound too bad, then. ;)

A Rift screenshot collection.

Watch me on Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by MisterWibble View Post
    Doesn't sound too bad, then. ;)
    The current DPS and healing checks are very light for a coordinated group (subject to tuning ofc). The mechanics I saw were unforgiving if the healers are weak but look simple to solve and require minimal coordination.

It seem that it'll be extremely easy for an experienced raid group, but difficult for an IA level group or your average expert pug.
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 01-13-2017 at 07:35 PM.

Shadowlander

6/10ths of us still falling through the floor

Apparently 64 bit is the problem, test this boss in 32 bit only
    Last edited by Yarrellii; 01-16-2017 at 08:58 PM. Reason: 64 bit no bueno

After some raiding on Live, the LFR boss' autoattack feels weaker than Tyrant's Forge HM Crucia's. Although I know we're trying to change the healing meta, it's pretty absurd that a raid boss should hit lower than a lower tiered one (abet hard mode) from a previous expansion.

At the same time, tank damage isn't light with the golems up. Their autoattacks and mechanics aren't trivial.

King of Slackers

Keepro - King of Slackers
    Twitch
    Youtube
    World First & GuidesTartaric Depths - All Bosses & Smile and Wave
    Sorry, sarcasm falls out of my mouth, like stupidity falls out of yours.

Shadowlander

Cool

Hi,

The latest changes to Tartaric Depths resulted in Beligosh and TarJulia being able to be completed with a 5 man group.

Malannon is perfectly tuned, a challenge but not impossible.

Council Of Fate seemed to have been changed to be easier like the first and second boss, however a bug resets the council so it's hard to judge for sure.

Given the general rule of thumb, release it harder, then make it incrementally easier. I'm a huge fan of different difficulty levels with varying token reward, so I'm hoping the current raid is a move towards that on easy mode and i'm a fan, otherwise i think you've moved the dial too much towards easy, and you need to redial back towards hard by 50% on 1,2,3 and revisit.

Looking forward to the next iteration,

Hugs and Kisses,

Yarrellii

Quote Originally Posted by Yarrellii View Post
    Hi,

The latest changes to Tartaric Depths resulted in Beligosh and TarJulia being able to be completed with a 5 man group.

Council Of Fate seemed to have been changed to be easier like the first and second boss, however a bug resets the council so it's hard to judge for sure.

Given the general rule of thumb, release it harder, then make it incrementally easier. I'm a huge fan of different difficulty levels with varying token reward, so I'm hoping the current raid is a move towards that on easy mode and i'm a fan, otherwise i think you've moved the dial too much towards easy, and you need to redial back towards hard by 50% on 1,2,3 and revisit.

Hugs and Kisses,

Yarrellii
    I'm really disappointed in the current state of TD. I get that Trion wants to shift its focus away from progression raiding, see the fact that a new raid was developed for LFR while a rehash was T1 (which is a disappointment on its own), but it feels like a waste to have the new raid be LFR. Maybe not for Trion though...
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    Hold on to the people who are already fighting in your corner, don't gamble on the people who haven't shown any interest or effort

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    I'm really disappointed in the current state of TD. I get that Trion wants to shift its focus away from progression raiding, see the fact that a new raid was developed for LFR while a rehash was T1 (which is a disappointment on its own), but it feels like a waste to have the new raid be LFR. Maybe not for Trion though...
    They spent the most money/time developing TD, and since majority of the "community" will be engaged in the LFR raid, they decided to put their more expensive raid in the hands of the majority of the player base.

T1 is for the 1%

hype
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenoheart View Post
    Raid bosses kill guilds sometimes. But guilds kill themselves way more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarrellii View Post
    Hi,

Hugs and Kisses,

Yarrellii
    As I mentioned in another thread, Beligosh is now capable of being downed by 10 wet, or dry, noodles.

Boss 2 (spider) only requirement now is that the one being called out, and has what feels like a minute (not really, but feels that way) to mosey on over to the right spire.

Couldn't determine on boss 3, as it kept resetting at random intervals all the time.

Boss 4 is in the Goldilocks zone. Not too tough, not too simple. It's "just right" for the last boss in a LFR.
    Dimples Warrior Tank * If she flashes her dimples at you, it may cause pleasurable blindness.
    Laurie Cleric Tank * Life without Love, is like chocolate cake without real sugar.
    Dweia Rogue Tank * Come. Come with me. I will care for you.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    They spent the most money/time developing TD, and since majority of the "community" will be engaged in the LFR raid, they decided to put their more expensive raid in the hands of the majority of the player base.

T1 is for the 1%

hype
    I get that, but it still feels like a slap in the face...
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    Hold on to the people who are already fighting in your corner, don't gamble on the people who haven't shown any interest or effort

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast