Closed Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: PTS Balance changes!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Default OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: PTS Balance changes!

We KNOW you all have things to say about Balance. =)
    If the volume warrants, we'll break it down into more threads, but let's get this party started!

Reference: PTS Balance Changes Patch Notes.

[UPDATED Dec 21/16:]

Here's what the Systems Team is looking for now, no parses needed, because they are looking for FEEL:
    • are there any builds that feel distinctively overpowered?
    • are there any that just make you feel bad, unfun or seriously gimped?
    • what are your favorite builds for FUN factor? Never mind if they are powerful or not.

We all wanted to thank you for the constructive and extremely useful nature of the posts. It's been a very, very useful thread. Much appreciated!
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 12-23-2016 at 11:19 AM.

I have the most experience with Rogue currently, so I'll comment on those changes

Rogue
    Marksman
    Legendary Free Recoil reduces the cast time of Deadeye shot by 1.5s. Empowered Shot ramps up faster. Now has a stack limit.
    Really glad to see an instant deadeye shot, the cast time version made it clunky and impractical to use and Empowered Shot ramp up is mostly just annoying. Glad thats being adjusted.

Legendary Rapid Fire Shot - Damage increased dramatically (roughly 65%).
    This is probably a little overkill. Marksman already parses pretty high, i Just jumped on PTS on parsed with no kalerts and was pulling like 365. If you're trying to put assassin above it, you should probably either buff assassin by a LOT more or remove this buff to RFS

Shadeborn
    Legendary Void Touch now increases the Void Touch and Night Cloaked Blades damage the target takes by 15%.
    Decent nerf here. I actually agree with reeling in shadeborn, since its design includes being a 2 target soul. I would actually appreciate heavier 1 target nerfs, and a hefty 2 target buff. We have a lot of melee variety with Rogue. I would say that making it a 3 target instead of 2 target might allow it to be used more often though. This will certainly bring Shadeborn down from the top soul I'm betting.

Tooltip for Legendary Strengthened bonds corrected to say penalties reduced to 15%.
    Accurate tooltips are always good

Assassin
    Legendary Master of Poisons now also increases Assassin Damage over time effects by 60%.
    This needs addressed. Assassin is VERY far behind. With the current Legendary spread, some mild testing reveals Assassin DoTs like Jagged Strike and Impale as well as Serrated Blades are only worth about 12% of the parse for me. 60% of that is kind of underwhelming. I'd say this number needs to go from 60% to probably 180%. 61 Assassin for me currently parses around 275 or so. With the buff to Marksman, Assassin would still be way far behind it.

Ranger
    Legendary Splinter Shot damage increased.
    Double Shot proc chance increased to 30/60% and restores 2 energy on hit.
    Legendary Ace Shot bonus damage increased from 150% to 300%.
    Legendary Animalism passive bonus increased from 65% to 80%.
    Glad to see some adjustments here, I still think it should stay about 10% behind Marksman.

Overall good start,I'd say you need to remove (or at least adjust down a little bit) the Rapid Fire Shot buff, and you need to drastically increase the Sin bufff, or its still going to be behind Marksman.

ALSO, please don't make the sinborn top dps again. hybridizing should add flexability, not discredit a 61 point soul like assassin that has no interrupt, no aoe, and no ranged abilities at all. For it's sacrifices, it should be top DPS.

in NT, having Sinborn and Assborn be above the 61 point soul itself was ridiculous IMO.

Thanks for posting these!
    Last edited by ChamberDown; 12-16-2016 at 11:02 PM.
    Are you a player looking for class guides and other Rift content?
    ChamberDown Youtube Channel

Are you a new/returning player? Check out all the souls in Rift!
    All Callings/Souls in Rift!

Warrior
    Riftblade
    Legendary Icy Burst and Flamespear now have a .5s ICD
    Legendary Rift Burst buff reduced to 65%.

Not really sure why these changes were even necessary, It's the only thing that made Riftblade fun. I only partially agree with the ICD addition, but the damage needs to be increased to compensate. Yes people were posting huge Riftblade numbers but the damage takes a while to ramp up. Meanwhile other specs could burst to the top and maintain their dps. In a real boss fight, dodging mechanics and trying to maintain dps, this spec wouldn't have even kept up.

Either revert these changes back or increase the damage to compensate. Right now Riftblade is significantly behind. Both Reaver and Tempest are parsing much higher.

Reaver
    Legendary Viral Stream - Damage increased by 20% per DoT on target.

Reaver has Identity issues, not really sure what it's meant to be. It's single target is decent, it's cleave potential was already gutted recently. A way to make Reaver into a decent spec would be to change:
    - Plague Bringer to affect all abilities including Viral Stream. Reduces all damage by 50% but have it hit up to 3 targets.
    - Fester needs to be spread to 3 targets as well.
    - Dire Corruption needs to be reduced to 3 targets. At the moment it affects all targets in the area.

This would make Reaver a decent single target spec and a better choice for Multi Target Fights.

Paragon
    Legendary Rising Waterfall mutlihit chance increased to 40%.
    Legendary Alacrity 3rd attack chance increased to 75%. Also causes attacks to deal 20% less damage in PVP.

These changes don't make Paragon any better. It's still ways behind, a single target focused spec is doing less dps than Reaver. It still relies on Reaping Harvest critting, and even then it's damage is not that significant. All damage needs to be increased significantly.

Shifting blades needs to be buffed.

Get rid of Sweeping Blades already and bring back Path of the Hurricane which was promised to us way back.

Tempest
    Legendary Shock Pulse now has a .5s ICD - Same issue as Icy Burst up top, this change makes Riftblade worse and it was the only ability that complemented Riftblade and didn't affect other specs as much. Now it's even worse of an ability. It's damage needs to be increased or it needs to be reverted back to what it was.

Legendary Skyfall damage increased substantially.
    Legendary Double Pulse now triggers 3 1 Point Skyfalls.

Agree with this change as it puts Tempest back in line with other Warrior specs. Though it's still relying on one ability. Arc needs it's damage increased, it's an empty husk of a former glorious ability. It's not even worth casting these days.

Majority of these changes still puts Warrior behind other Callings. I don't have parses from the other callings but reports suggest they are still ways ahead.

Riftblade was the only decent spec left that could compete with other callings and these changes just gutted Riftblade as well.

Stop relying on bloated parses posted on forums and do some actual testing. Standstill dummy parses don't equate to real world scenarios, and most of these changes have been based on dummy parses on level 67 dummies.
    Last edited by Waseem2k; 12-17-2016 at 01:49 AM.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

Cleric Changes:
    Inquisitor
    Legendary Bolt of Judgement can now only proc once every 6 seconds. Proc chance raised to compensate.
    I think a chance at once every 6s is too much of a nerf as it would bring it's proc rate back or below where it was before the proc rate was increased, I would rather see it have a 3s or lower internal cooldown.

Shaman
    Legendary Icy Blow damage bonus reduced to 12% per stack.
    With this change Jolt becomes a dps increase over using Icy Blow, without using Legendary Glacial Shield, which is properly the reason I think the change was made.

I don't think Shaman should have this nerf as Shaman is all about being in melee, so there's a greater risk in taking damage over all the other souls that are being nerf'd as they are pretty much all ranged or have great disconnect abilities to compensate.

If the change was to go through can you please increase Icy Blow's range to at least 10 meters, so when we do disconnect we don't have to rebuild are stacks up, and increase it duration as Jolt would make it even harder to maintain Icy Blow stacks.

Oracle
    Not really quoting.
    Can you please make Legendary Insignia of Blood act like Legendary Bolt of Judgement as I rarely see it proc at all.

Mage Changes:
    Pyromancer
    Legendary Fire Storm damage reduced.
    Please change Legendary Fire Storm duration to 8s and increase the duration of the debuff to 30s, with every tick of damage refreshing it's duration back to 30s.

This would greatly increase Pyromancer's ability to do damage on moving targets, and stop people in PvP from leaving a 30s Legendary Fire Storm at objectives.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Rift Chaser

Chloromancer:
    Please address scaling issues both damage and heal. (Especially for PVP, because chloromancer abilities have same amount as at LVL65)
    Please fix Healing torrent bug, what means this is consuming Boons stacks, but still have to cast.
    Please rework Wild Growth to something a bit more useful ability.

Please nerf Tactician a little bit more for PVP!

I`m very pleased by this topic! Balance FTW!

(plenty of broken, bugged or over, under powered ability listed here: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...-fix-soon.html)
    Last edited by Kokovap; 12-17-2016 at 04:51 AM.

Ascendant

I am too lazy so I will piggyback on CD's post.

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberDown View Post
    I have the most experience with Rogue currently, so I'll comment on those changes

Rogue
    Marksman
    Legendary Free Recoil reduces the cast time of Deadeye shot by 1.5s. Empowered Shot ramps up faster. Now has a stack limit.
    Really glad to see an instant deadeye shot, the cast time version made it clunky and impractical to use and Empowered Shot ramp up is mostly just annoying. Glad thats being adjusted.

Legendary Rapid Fire Shot - Damage increased dramatically (roughly 65%).
    This is probably a little overkill. Marksman already parses pretty high, i Just jumped on PTS on parsed with no kalerts and was pulling like 365. If you're trying to put assassin above it, you should probably either buff assassin by a LOT more or remove this buff to RFS
    I agree, but with the shadeborn nerfed rogues has no viable melee spec that could compete with other classes. On live shadeborn is behind RB, Pyroele, Druid and even Inquisitor, and shadeborn is getting a hefty nerf on top.

It feels good having MM to fall back on especially with the "proper legendary picked" MM spends 18 seconds channeling every minute. And Rapid Fire Shot wasn't doing enough damage as during the channel you cannot use empowered shot. Realistically it's more like RFS vs (Empowered Shot x 3 + Calculated Shot x2 + Swift Shot x1 + 5x Static Shock Munition).

Besides I'd love to have something from MM that actually hits hard in PvP. I am sick and tired of being hit by Rune of Smiting for 105k in the face instantly when our channels of mini ticks gets healed thru effortlessly by enemy splash healing.

Shadeborn
    Legendary Void Touch now increases the Void Touch and Night Cloaked Blades damage the target takes by 15%.
    Decent nerf here. I actually agree with reeling in shadeborn, since its design includes being a 2 target soul. I would actually appreciate heavier 1 target nerfs, and a hefty 2 target buff. We have a lot of melee variety with Rogue. I would say that making it a 3 target instead of 2 target might allow it to be used more often though. This will certainly bring Shadeborn down from the top soul I'm betting.

Tooltip for Legendary Strengthened bonds corrected to say penalties reduced to 15%.
    Accurate tooltips are always good
    Shadeborn was rogue's only viable melee which required to be played in a really stupid finisher spam way (kinda like 1 point icy spam of the old RB back in the days) in order to compete. It is not competitive anymore and this nerf doesn't make properly played shadeborn any better over the 1 button spam. Also Shadeborn is so bad at disconnect, far worse than RB/Paragon/Shaman/Harb, heck even Druid has better disconnect dps than shadeborn. I don't think the nerf is warranted.

Assassin
    Legendary Master of Poisons now also increases Assassin Damage over time effects by 60%.
    This needs addressed. Assassin is VERY far behind. With the current Legendary spread, some mild testing reveals Assassin DoTs like Jagged Strike and Impale as well as Serrated Blades are only worth about 12% of the parse for me. 60% of that is kind of underwhelming. I'd say this number needs to go from 60% to probably 180%. 61 Assassin for me currently parses around 275 or so. With the buff to Marksman, Assassin would still be way far behind it.
    Sin is still far behind with this change. And I agree Assborn was very clunky to play.
    At the same time hybrid has always been part of rogue melee.
    61 Assassin was barely top melee thru out history, NB is cleave spec, BD same ****.

I dont know I got nothing against hybrids but I'd rather they work more like assdancer, which is priority skill play over crap like shadeborn because that 60% proc chance rng in dps rotation is just stupid as hell IMO. And this 60% rng proc is usually your top 3 dps contribution regardless of the type of shadeborn hybrid you play. This 60% rng is also one of the reason why the stupid 1 button finisher spam is so much better than properly played shadeborn currently, because you are literally forcing this 60% rng gg dps skill to proc every other gcd.

Ranger
    Legendary Splinter Shot damage increased.
    Double Shot proc chance increased to 30/60% and restores 2 energy on hit.
    Legendary Ace Shot bonus damage increased from 150% to 300%.
    Legendary Animalism passive bonus increased from 65% to 80%.
    Glad to see some adjustments here, I still think it should stay about 10% behind Marksman.
    Sure, don't think these are enough to make ranger on par vs other classes pet spec like Druid and Elementalist tho.

Overall good start,I'd say you need to remove (or at least adjust down a little bit) the Rapid Fire Shot buff, and you need to drastically increase the Sin bufff, or its still going to be behind Marksman.

ALSO, please don't make the sinborn top dps again. hybridizing should add flexability, not discredit a 61 point soul like assassin that has no interrupt, no aoe, and no ranged abilities at all. For it's sacrifices, it should be top DPS.

in NT, having Sinborn and Assborn be above the 61 point soul itself was ridiculous IMO.

Thanks for posting these!
    I disagree with reverting Rapid Fire Shot buff. There's nothing wrong with easily dodged channels to hit hard (and pyro/inq has a plethora of them), especially considering RFS is suppose to out dps 3x Empowered + 2 Calculated + 1 Swift + 5 extra ticks of SS munition.

Legendary rapid fire shot doesn't even proc Static Shock Munition. And having a weak *** channeled finisher is completely worthless in PvP, and Deadeye Shot even with the legendary version doesn't crit hard enough.

Current legendary RFS is way too weak this is also the reason why 1 button sabman could get away not using this at all...

Id rather they take damage off calculated shot and other skills, rogues simply don't have the burst like other classes in PvP, and if I am to having to channel something every 12 second which is easily avoidable in PvP I'd like the legendary version of my best finisher to hit harder than wet noodles.

RFS currently in PvP has no pressure at all and is easily healed thru by just splash heals, at the same time you got 100k damage rune of smiting flying left and right and the ele rng gg 1 shot burst crap and primalist gg beam that can actually pressure healers.

tl;dr

Buff to RFS is great, take some damage off other junk if you have to.

No idea why Shadeborn needed the nerf but ok at least we have MM.

Assassin is still too weak.

And fix rogue melee, thanks.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 12-17-2016 at 05:06 AM.

Pyromancer
    Legendary Fusillade Surging Cinders buff now makes Cinder Burst instant but no longer increases its damage.
    Legendary Fire Storm damage reduced.

Elementalist
    Legendary Prismatic Volley damage bonus reduced to 20%.
    Legendary Elemental Burst damage reduced drastically, but proc chance increased to 80%.
    Since Pyro and Elementalist are inextricably linked right now via Fire Storm, I'll talk about them simultaneously.

This is on live with no consumables, 67 Raid dummy, and what I would consider average gear (full dungeon gear, crap essences, and level 6 fragments).

58 Ele/18 Pyro/0 Arb
    Air pet conduit active

61 Pyro/11 Harb/4 Arb
    Pyro *needs* kalerts and I didn't make any so add another ~25k to account for mistakes.

That puts 58 Ele/18 Pyro about 100k ahead of 61 Pyro. Considering the reactive nature of 61 pyro (3 different procs?) and how every skill directly affects at least two other skills, it needs to be extremely competitive for how difficult it is to play. This is one of the most difficult souls in the game currently and is penalized greatly for both player movement and target movement. Nerfing its two highest dps skills is going to make it a pariah.

58 Ele/18 Pyro is one of the top dps specs across all callings, is very straight forward to play, and can be distilled down to a couple of buttons. It's also very mobile and cleaves extremely well with Fire Storm, Burning Ground, and Cycle of Air Crystalline Missiles. The drawbacks are that it is somewhat mana hungry and has zero utility.

Needed changes
    Fire Storm does need to have its damage nerfed. It does over a million damage per target over the duration and requires no setup. I'd gut the damage by 75% to curb Elementalist and Archon hybrids and then change the debuff from 30% increased fire damage to 75% increased damage from pyromancer spells. This would keep Pyromancer where it currently is DPS wise while keeping the mechanics of Fire Storm intact.

The Crystalline Missiles interaction with Prismatic Armor, Rushing Elements, and Cycle of Fire needs to be cleaned up. From a different post of mine:
    Cycle of Fire doesn't grant a global...GCD reduction. What it does do is give Crystalline Missiles a 0.5s GCD decrease. What is happening in this spec is that the proc from Prismatic armor lowers your GCD from 1.5s to 1s. If you have Cycle of Fire, your CM GCD (and only CM!) is further reduced lowered by 0.5s, making the end result 0.5s. What is very interesting here is that there is another Elementalist skill called Rushing Elements, which lowers your GCD to 1.0s. Interestingly, Rushing Elements and CM Cycle of Fire GCD adjustments do not stack so your CM GCD remains locked at 1.0s even if you have Prismatic Armor proc as well. My suggestion is to allow no combination of elementalist buffs/procs to award any Elementalist skill a GCD lower than 1.0s. A 0.5s GCD should be limited to only Harbinger's Eldritch Armor procs.

Additional possible changes
    The dervish treatment: Legendary Fusillade passively makes all fire spells instant cast. This is going to throw in extra GCDs which will ramp the damage up a bit as well as making the spec easier to digest and play.

Legendary Internalized Charge no longer makes charge costs 0, but has no cooldown and makes spells instant cast while active, in addition to its 34% damage increasing effect. This would affect pyro in the same way as the change above while rewarding good pyro play and making Legendary Internalize Charge a more hybrid-friendly low point legendary.

I would go one step further with elemental forces and give it 100% chance to echo 3 times. Then it will be much easier to adjust the damage moving forward. The boost to 80% is indicative that you are trying to achieve consistency with the skill, so why not make it 100%? The damage nerf is fine since the echo chance is going up. Elemental Burst is only ~10% of damage contribution anyway.

The nerf to Prismatic Volley is not necessary. I'm interested in where this came from because 61 Elementalist does about the same dps as 61 Pyro on live, and the damage bonus from Prismatic Volley is already cheapened by the prolific amount of +dmg% buffs that are currently in Elementalist. Perhaps I'm missing something?

Bug fixes and other clunky mechancics
    Arbiter's Soothing Water benefits from the charge reduction aspect of Legendary Internalize Charge but does not consume charges, thereby making it castable several times a second for 30s. (Do the IC change I proposed and fix two problems at once!)

Chloromancer's Legendary Healing Torrent consumes Boon of Life stacks but is not receiving the reduced cast time.

Chloromancer's Legendary Living Aegis Explosion of Life properly gives Natural Healing a 0.5s GCD but does not give Vile Spores a 0.5s GCD as it states it should.

Harbinger's Legendary Piercing Beam is receiving the 1.0s GCD treatment like it is a slashing attack, but does not proc Eldritch armor and does not receiving the slashing attack benefit from charged blade. It also does less damage than what tooltip states.

Warlock's Conflux stacks are consumed when Life Leech is refreshed by a primary bolt. This is irritating and causes 15s of counter-intuitive play whereby players need to avoid using primary bolts (even though the warlock tree rewards Void Bolts with Consuming Agony procs) to retain those stacks until they can be consumed properly. It is a noticeable dps increase to do so.
    Last edited by Scourge; 12-17-2016 at 06:17 AM.
    Focus@Vigil | 60 Mage
    Eluo@Vigil | 60 Cleric
    Prime SL Mage Guide
    Prime SL Cleric Guide

Plane Touched

Default and

"Legendary Elemental Burst damage reduced drastically, but proc chance increased to 80%."

Due to a 0% Crit rate. Seems excessive, but honestly I'm just tired of defending Mage specs. Good luck everyone.

Peace out.

Soulwalker

Inquisitor
    Legendary Bolt of Judgement can now only proc once every 6 seconds. Proc chance raised to compensate.
    Clerics DPS will be null and void. this one change just took all my DPS spes down by atleast 60k. all these other classes have 400k+ sustained dps specs and you droped us down to just Runeshaper... but who cares about cleric DPS right lets just buff Rogues even more right? atleast drop it from 6 to 3 seconds so we can stand a chance..

Shaman
    Legendary Icy Blow damage bonus reduced to 12% per stack.
    we just got this pushed to 15% to make it viable... and you take it away? this didnt need to happen... this is another like 20k off my dps... so because of these two changes i went from parsing 400k to parsing 325 at best...

why play anything besides rogue? clerics.. lets just drop them so drasticly that they dont stand a chance... and this is all because some people cant stop crying about how someone is better than them... well done trion...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Telemortum View Post
    Clerics DPS will be null and void. this one change just took all my DPS spes down by atleast 60k. all these other classes have 400k+ sustained dps specs and you droped us down to just Runeshaper... but who cares about cleric DPS right lets just buff Rogues even more right? atleast drop it from 6 to 3 seconds so we can stand a chance..

we just got this pushed to 15% to make it viable... and you take it away? this didnt need to happen... this is another like 20k off my dps... so because of these two changes i went from parsing 400k to parsing 325 at best...

why play anything besides rogue? clerics.. lets just drop them so drasticly that they dont stand a chance... and this is all because some people cant stop crying about how someone is better than them... well done trion...
    BoJ proc being 30%+ dps is stupid. You have a completely uncontrollable non-skill related rng proc topping your dps contribution across all your dps specs that's not inquisitor yet the higher tier legendary Sanction Heretic sees zero play whatsoever.

Id rather DEV fixing cleric dps by promoting skilled play like it used to have, but then it might be too much to ask. Eg. your attacks has 10% chance to proc frozen mass, last 3 seconds can proc cannot happen more than once every 8 seconds, Jolt damage is increased by 500% while frozen mass is up. You know so you can start to manage something again, Shaman has gotten so stale after the auto crit MB is put in. People even put jolt in spam macro now, or even worse lol icy spam because who gives a **** about jolt anymore.

But then people probably dont talk about shaman anymore because inquisitor does more dps anyways.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 12-17-2016 at 07:25 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Since Pyro and Elementalist are inextricably linked right now via Fire Storm, I'll talk about them simultaneously.

This is on live with no consumables, 67 Raid dummy, and what I would consider average gear (full dungeon gear, crap essences, and level 6 fragments).

58 Ele/18 Pyro/0 Arb
    Air pet conduit active

61 Pyro/11 Harb/4 Arb
    Pyro *needs* kalerts and I didn't make any so add another ~25k to account for mistakes.

That puts 58 Ele/18 Pyro about 100k ahead of 61 Pyro. Considering the reactive nature of 61 pyro (3 different procs?) and how every skill directly affects at least two other skills, it needs to be extremely competitive for how difficult it is to play. This is one of the most difficult souls in the game currently and is penalized greatly for both player movement and target movement. Nerfing its two highest dps skills is going to make it a pariah.

58 Ele/18 Pyro is one of the top dps specs across all callings, is very straight forward to play, and can be distilled down to a couple of buttons. It's also very mobile and cleaves extremely well with Fire Storm, Burning Ground, and Cycle of Air Crystalline Missiles. The drawbacks are that it is somewhat mana hungry and has zero utility.

Needed changes
    Fire Storm does need to have its damage nerfed. It does over a million damage per target over the duration and requires no setup. I'd gut the damage by 75% to curb Elementalist and Archon hybrids and then change the debuff from 30% increased fire damage to 75% increased damage from pyromancer spells. This would keep Pyromancer where it currently is DPS wise while keeping the mechanics of Fire Storm intact.

The Crystalline Missiles interaction with Prismatic Armor, Rushing Elements, and Cycle of Fire needs to be cleaned up. From a different post of mine:
    Cycle of Fire doesn't grant a global...GCD reduction. What it does do is give Crystalline Missiles a 0.5s GCD decrease. What is happening in this spec is that the proc from Prismatic armor lowers your GCD from 1.5s to 1s. If you have Cycle of Fire, your CM GCD (and only CM!) is further reduced lowered by 0.5s, making the end result 0.5s. What is very interesting here is that there is another Elementalist skill called Rushing Elements, which lowers your GCD to 1.0s. Interestingly, Rushing Elements and CM Cycle of Fire GCD adjustments do not stack so your CM GCD remains locked at 1.0s even if you have Prismatic Armor proc as well. My suggestion is to allow no combination of elementalist buffs/procs to award any Elementalist skill a GCD lower than 1.0s. A 0.5s GCD should be limited to only Harbinger's Eldritch Armor procs.

Additional possible changes
    The dervish treatment: Legendary Fusillade passively makes all fire spells instant cast. This is going to throw in extra GCDs which will ramp the damage up a bit as well as making the spec easier to digest and play.

Legendary Internalized Charge no longer makes charge costs 0, but has no cooldown and makes spells instant cast while active, in addition to its 34% damage increasing effect. This would affect pyro in the same way as the change above while rewarding good pyro play and making Legendary Internalize Charge a more hybrid-friendly low point legendary.

I would go one step further with elemental forces and give it 100% chance to echo 3 times. Then it will be much easier to adjust the damage moving forward. The boost to 80% is indicative that you are trying to achieve consistency with the skill, so why not make it 100%? The damage nerf is fine since the echo chance is going up. Elemental Burst is only ~10% of damage contribution anyway.

The nerf to Prismatic Volley is not necessary. I'm interested in where this came from because 61 Elementalist does about the same dps as 61 Pyro on live, and the damage bonus from Prismatic Volley is already cheapened by the prolific amount of +dmg% buffs that are currently in Elementalist. Perhaps I'm missing something?

Bug fixes and other clunky mechancics
    Arbiter's Soothing Water benefits from the charge reduction aspect of Legendary Internalize Charge but does not consume charges, thereby making it castable several times a second for 30s. (Do the IC change I proposed and fix two problems at once!)

Chloromancer's Legendary Healing Torrent consumes Boon of Life stacks but is not receiving the reduced cast time.

Chloromancer's Legendary Living Aegis Explosion of Life properly gives Natural Healing a 0.5s GCD but does not give Vile Spores a 0.5s GCD as it states it should.

Harbinger's Legendary Piercing Beam is receiving the 1.0s GCD treatment like it is a slashing attack, but does not proc Eldritch armor and does not receiving the slashing attack benefit from charged blade. It also does less damage than what tooltip states.

Warlock's Conflux stacks are consumed when Life Leech is refreshed by a primary bolt. This is irritating and causes 15s of counter-intuitive play whereby players need to avoid using primary bolts (even though the warlock tree rewards Void Bolts with Consuming Agony procs) to retain those stacks until they can be consumed properly. It is a noticeable dps increase to do so.
    First of all 58elem/18 pyro/0 arbiter 's not the top elem spec , it's actually 58/18 pyro/ 0 domi with legendary neural pod and legendary Rushing element it's like 20 K upper than the one you speak with galvanic stike cause 1 - Neural pod is Ogcd and unlike galvanic strike it won't ruin you''r cristaline spam , 2 - Legendary Rushing element allow you to stay 95% of time in fire cycle.
    2ndly , your parse is missing lots of elementary spell such as lighting strike, strombolt, icy carapace, mean where are you fillers when your fire cycle is down ??

So instead of trying to change and modify a ONe button boring spec that's top parse actually , i think we should consider the balance choosed before in specs , mean the hardest spec to play make the most effective dps and the easiset one the lowest , seems more fair for player that wanna be reward for their hardtrying cycle, so a HArdtoplayPYro should be top parse , warlock and elem average dps, necro stay nice for learning players

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    BoJ proc being 30%+ dps is stupid. You have a completely uncontrollable non-skill related rng proc topping your dps contribution across all your dps specs that's not inquisitor yet the higher tier legendary Sanction Heretic sees zero play whatsoever.

Id rather DEV fixing cleric dps by promoting skilled play like it used to have, but then it might be too much to ask. Eg. your attacks has 10% chance to proc frozen mass, last 3 seconds can proc cannot happen more than once every 8 seconds, Jolt damage is increased by 500% while frozen mass is up. You know so you can start to manage something again, Shaman has gotten so stale after the auto crit MB is put in. People even put jolt in spam macro now, or even worse lol icy spam because who gives a **** about jolt anymore.

But then people probably dont talk about shaman anymore because inquisitor does more dps anyways.
    its never been 30% of the damage from any spec(if it is they arnt utilizing their other spells enough).. it might push 15%... and as for Inquisitor.... its an inquisitor ablity that still does alot of your damage with the legendary BoJ.. it will nerf it just as hard.. but BoJ practically never procs now so thats why i lose so much DPS...
    Last edited by Telemortum; 12-17-2016 at 07:45 AM.

Default Rogue PTS changes

Did some testing on PTS,

Ranger changes are decent, barely run out of energy now, even when parsing:

Marksman feels more coherent while playing it now. Much less likely to screw up the rotations, thanks!

Shadeborn, ouch! Nerf is a bit excessive. (Traditional way of playing it, is about 30k DPS lower than spamming 1 combo point finishers, so this has to be buffed for it to be viable again, otherwise there is no reason to run a fully melee spec that does 15k/45k less damage than Marksman, right?)

Assassin is on par with ranger and nightblade.
    Melee specs like Assassin, Nightblade and Shadeborn still needs buff to be viable.

TL;DR Rogue ranged specs do significantly higher DPS than melee, don't bother using melee specs at all.
    Last edited by huangchingho; 12-17-2016 at 10:02 AM.

Defiler
    Legendary Miserly Affliction damage reduced about 20%.
    I don't quite understand this change. It feels very tacked on. Can anyone enlighten me?

Was this done to put on par with similar dot souls like warlock?

Rift Disciple

Marksman

Well designed changes but they make MM too strong. Perhaps tune down empowered shot a bit to compensate.

Assassin

It's something but not nearly enough. At least 60% to dots and poisons, then go from there. The secondary poison procs from legendary assassinate also aren't affected by some modifiers (e.g. poison malice), fixing/changing that would help a fair bit.

Bladedancer needs a nerf, like giving legendary fated blades a lower (100%?) ap contribution modifier.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast