+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Fortress Siege

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #31

Quote Originally Posted by Noobly View Post
    This.

Also is this actually currently working on PTS? It was said we'd be able to test this and LFR over the holidays.

If I wait around for hours on PTS will the event trigger or will I just be waiting around for hours? I feel like this hasn't been adequately communicated.
    Yes, it should be working. If you manage to get a group of bare minimum 20 players organized, find me on skype/discord or get someone else to and I'll manually start the event for you to speed up the process.
    You don't know what these socks are!

Quote Originally Posted by SupermanSocks View Post
    Yes, it should be working. If you manage to get a group of bare minimum 20 players organized, find me on skype/discord or get someone else to and I'll manually start the event for you to speed up the process.
    Any chance this can be reduced to a 2 hour spawn? 4 hours could lineup to hop over peoples scheduled playtimes. I mean if it spanws at 4pm pt and 8pm pt a player that plays from 5 to 6pm pt will never have a chance to see this event. This happened to me with volan. I played this things for a good year after he laumched and i never once saw him spawn.
    Dont Miss The Telara Saga Public Community Event Series Hosted By Gaiscioch

The Telara Saga | The Gaiscioch Community | Gaiscioch Magazine | Discord | Twitch | YouTube |Twitter | Facebook

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Foghladha View Post
    Any chance this can be reduced to a 2 hour spawn? 4 hours could lineup to hop over peoples scheduled playtimes. I mean if it spanws at 4pm pt and 8pm pt a player that plays from 5 to 6pm pt will never have a chance to see this event. This happened to me with volan. I played this things for a good year after he laumched and i never once saw him spawn.

Welcome to RnG Raid.

I'm betting there will be a lot of people who'll never see this raid as a guild because you never know when it will pop.

If Trion is going LFR raiding only then you'll see it maybe.

Again even with LFR you still have to have the event running. And there's a chance you'll never be on when it's up.

I ask again why is this good design?

It wasn't good design in WoW. So why Trion thinks it's now good design in Rift I have no clue.

Nothing is good about a RnG raid. Unless of course Trion turns the so called RnG event up a ton so it will pop a lot. I can't see how this helps guilds now trying to keep players interested in playing.

Yes I understand why Trion wanted this Xpac to go live. But it was NO WHERE near ready. Sad if you ask me. Without a Raid up on PTS now. A so call real raid is months away. Not a good thing if you ask me.

At least Trion could have retuned all the 5 mans to 70. Then you'll get to see different ones instead of the same 3. Or if you are unlucky 1 all the time.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Foghladha View Post
    Any chance this can be reduced to a 2 hour spawn?
    I think another idea would be to stagger the timing on the shards, if possible. We'll eventually learn which shards pop when and know which one to go onto to pop our event. That's after first checking if it's up in LFR at all, as that's cross shard as far as I know.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Plane Touched

Ok, trying to make sure I understand - Event starts, then if it's successful the portal opens and you can go to the 10 man area. That's fine. Not sure about cross-sharding though, and can't test on PTS with only one shard open.

If the event completes on a different shard, can I hop there and use the entrance? Does anything bad happen if it fails on my home shard?

How does this hook into LFR? Always available? Available if the event completes on my home shard? On any shard?

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #36

Quote Originally Posted by Harumph View Post
    If the event completes on a different shard, can I hop there and use the entrance? Does anything bad happen if it fails on my home shard?

How does this hook into LFR? Always available? Available if the event completes on my home shard? On any shard?
    If the event completes on any shard, it opens in LFR for all shards, otherwise it's unavailable.

how bout we try this, since you guys are already running a livestream tomorrow on the subject, why don't we form a siege party or two from that to test it out?? I think it would be easier that way, you may have to stay an extra hour over at work if that's okay?
    Last edited by MissGreen; 01-05-2017 at 03:43 PM.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

http://otherworlds.us/

If the event completes on any shard, it opens in LFR for all shards, otherwise it's unavailable.
    That's really poor implementation.

Fortress Sieges as a whole really impede scheduling, and there really needs to be a better, more set way to trigger them.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    That's really poor implementation.

Fortress Sieges as a whole really impede scheduling, and there really needs to be a better, more set way to trigger them.
    I agree, I mean if this is taking over CQ than it should do just that and be available just as much if not the same as cq.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

http://otherworlds.us/

Accidentally posted LFR stuff here! disregard!
    Last edited by Clowd; 01-06-2017 at 04:56 PM.
    Rift Datamining, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

Is there only one siege? I was told there will be 2 - what's the name of the other?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    It would be nice in addition to being random, there were also a few set times where they would occur.

As a Guild Master, trying to get people to log in and check out the new LFR raid is going to be a lot easier if there is actually... a time you can schedule.

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #43

Quote Originally Posted by archcomponent View Post
    It would be nice in addition to being random, there were also a few set times where they would occur.

As a Guild Master, trying to get people to log in and check out the new LFR raid is going to be a lot easier if there is actually... a time you can schedule.
    I can just enable LFR for as long as the server stays up more or less, I can just enter a huge time to leave it active for.

In terms of timing of the event on live servers, on the stream, there seemed to be some confusion as to why guilds would want to schedule "doing a zone event" in reference to the sieges. While the zone event for the siege did look pretty fun I think, since there are not normal raids available, I do think that having reliable timing for this siege to be available would be useful for guild scheduling purposes, and having it last more than the "roughly two hours" that was mentioned on the stream. Many guilds use a 3-hour raid night (the problem is worse for guilds with shorter raid night durations), and let's say your raid night starts at 5pm. If the event goes at 4pm, and fails on every shard, then it won't go again until 8pm, when your raid night is supposed to end. During primetime, especially at first, this is not a very likely scenario of course, but eventually it could be problematic.

However, the real difficulty is even if the 4pm event is successful, then it's up until let's say 6pm, 2 hours later (or if it's two hours past the time it finishes, then 6:20 or so). If your raid time starts at 5pm, you only have an hour or so to do it, and sure it's just one boss, but if you have multiple groups or new people trying it, that is tight. Please consider extending the "available" time for the LFR raids on live to be more than 2 hours. Even 3 would be much better, but 4 would be amazing!

And if the event was "guaranteed" to pop at certain times (i.e. not reliant on zone popultaion or whatever other factors) even if it was just during primetime, that would go a long way towards helping guilds scheduling things. Until the normal raid is out, there is very little "progression-based" content to put on the schedule, and I know we aren't the only ones wanting to do sieges as a guild!
    Serein, Gaetinn, Amkhe, Skaidras | Co-Guild Leader of <Nordvegr> of Faeblight

I can just enable LFR for as long as the server stays up more or less, I can just enter a huge time to leave it active for.
    What's the difference between that and just having it up all the time then?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast