+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Fortress Siege

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Shelenia View Post
    2pm PST is a bit late for most of the EU countries, it'll be like 22:00/23:00/00:00 for most of us, even later for others.
    ill be there,

Plane Walker

I will be there and bring as many from Dol Amroth as I can but the time is a bit tricky for both east and west coast adults. Where is a good place to gather?

Quote Originally Posted by Kerilar View Post
    Hey Folks! I wanted to let you guys know a little bit about how this will trigger. Basically it will try to run every 4~ hours ish.
    I know this is probably going to sound like crazy talk, but for the sake of testing and to try to keep folks from standing around for hours hoping for this to happen: any way to maybe isolate to one zone and bump the timer down?

I know it sounds nuts. Just throwing it out there.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Noobly View Post
    I know this is probably going to sound like crazy talk, but for the sake of testing and to try to keep folks from standing around for hours hoping for this to happen: any way to maybe isolate to one zone and bump the timer down?

I know it sounds nuts. Just throwing it out there.
    It can only be in one zone. It's the Xarth Mire Fortress Siege. And at the moment there's only one shard so everyone should gather at Camp Quagmire.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Seshatar ran an impromptu Fortress Siege last night and just from watching the Stream it seemed fine, just a few tweaks needed here and there but guess we'll get more feedback tonight (10pm my time GMT that is).

One thing that stood out like a sore thumb is the mega cannon charging up before you faced the "boss" to complete the Event, it must have taken 10-15 minutes to fully charge, this will need reducing in length.
    Last edited by Slipmat; 12-18-2016 at 09:57 PM.

Default My feedback

P1:
    - Replace the auto-shooting cannons by Izkinra-style cannons (alternatively Volan and/or Rusila-style) to engage players

P2:
    - Give the mini-bosses some mechanics! Wandering firestorms, ground AoE, something to cleanse, cocoons...

P3:
    - Reduce the cannon charge time to 7min
    - Let the enemy wall cannons and boss invasions drop power cells that you can throw on the super cannon for a charge boost - if you do it right it should charge the cannon in 3-4 min instead of 7 PLAYER ENGAGEMENT
    - Make the wardstone healable by healers or increase infusion heal by x3-x4

P4:
    - Replace the boss by another one than the raid boss (feels weird to defeat same twice)
    - Boss needs more HP
    - Add some mechanics, please

Raid:
    - Challenging for PuG, but boring for experienced players - provide a hard mode button only for groups that enter manually (no LFR)
    TWITCH.TV/SESHATAR | TWITTER: @Seshatar | <SoF> Community Discord

>>> MONTHLY RIFT GIVEAWAYS <<<

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    - Let the enemy wall cannons and boss invasions drop power cells that you can throw on the super cannon for a charge boost - if you do it right it should charge the cannon in 3-4 min instead of 7 PLAYER ENGAGEMENT
    That is a great idea. Just standing in one place killing the same wave of invasions for 7+ minutes really bores you.

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    P4:
    - Replace the boss by another one than the raid boss (feels weird to defeat same twice)
    - Boss needs more HP
    - Add some mechanics, please
    Boss in front of the skull was easier than expected. It might be intentional considering the time it takes to finish previous parts. But it should be replaced with a different boss for sure.
    - One extra thing here: the boss interruptible can't be interrupted. I've been using interrupt almost every single time and the channel just keeps going and so does the spell.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sinishaa View Post
    - One extra thing here: the boss interruptible can't be interrupted. I've been using interrupt almost every single time and the channel just keeps going and so does the spell.
    Which boss? The last one for the event, or the one in the 10 man? I found both were interruptible. But Interrupts have been lagging for me since the release of SFP so maybe they weren't going off (as happened to me just now).

Was the reflect shield removed on Hexathel from the last time we tested a couple of weeks ago? Was it deemed a mechanic that's a bit difficult for pugs?

Our group got lesser essences which I'm hoping weren't itemised correctly as they're not even top 40 BiS.
    The wand that dropped is only +250 hit and is just below crafted quality.

3/8 of us got nothing at all. For a weekly that's kind of sad. However, I 'reset instance' and then was able to kill it again. It looks like it can be spammed for the duration of the 4 hours.

Currently it would only be useful for farming tower frags and celestial remnants as it's a 4 to 5 minute kill and the gear is sub par. If the gear changes, which I think it will, then I guess you keep spamming this until you get all of your +275 hit pieces.

For the event, the boss' damage once inside the first lot of gates was quite negligible. I'm fairly certain I could keep myself alive with no healer in my healy / tank / solo experts spec. There was maybe an 80k hit every 5-10 seconds from memory. Stupid me didn't have combatlogging on!
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Ascendant

Just to add, the portal into the 10 man area with the vendor does seem to become inactive after 4 hours of zone event start so that seems to be working.

You can hang out in the instance as long as you like until you complete it. If the blue portal is no longer active, then you can't reset instances and do it again.

And it looks as if you get kicked out of the instance about 5 hours after the zone event finishes. Or it could have been my afk state
    Last edited by Archyface; 12-19-2016 at 08:22 PM.

Plane Walker

The dev we were with the other afternoon stated his thoughts were that the group would split up and do the 5 gates at the same time. Since this is a PuG only event (you can't trigger the siege therefore it can't be run as a scheduled guild event) I think this may be a bit optimistic. The timer needs to be rethought with an unorganized PuG run in mind.

It is very, very difficult to get back to the group if you get deaded and in a pug run I expect a lot of deaded folks. I don't think we need a way to death zerg the event like you could in the NT raid rifts but something better than what exists now is needed.

Better emote prompts are needed to guide people as to the objectives.

Off topic but the way content is being rolled out is really hurting guilds built for progression. There is nothing to bring together a guild for a raid night and this isn't going to change that. Raiders are drifting away and losing the "log in every night" habit and once that habit is broken people don't come back.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Cladari View Post
    The dev we were with the other afternoon stated his thoughts were that the group would split up and do the 5 gates at the same time. Since this is a PuG only event (you can't trigger the siege therefore it can't be run as a scheduled guild event) I think this may be a bit optimistic. The timer needs to be rethought with an unorganized PuG run in mind.

It is very, very difficult to get back to the group if you get deaded and in a pug run I expect a lot of deaded folks. I don't think we need a way to death zerg the event like you could in the NT raid rifts but something better than what exists now is needed.

Better emote prompts are needed to guide people as to the objectives.

Off topic but the way content is being rolled out is really hurting guilds built for progression. There is nothing to bring together a guild for a raid night and this isn't going to change that. Raiders are drifting away and losing the "log in every night" habit and once that habit is broken people don't come back.
    This is just what happened in WoW. You can't setup a Raid night with a random event needing to go off. I'm sure there will be a cool down on it. So once it pops and the timer runs out you'll not get another for a while.

If your guild logs in at the end of the timer you are screwed if it's about to end. You can't setup a raid on a chance to raid. Trion is already killing raiding in Rift now anyway. With ZERO raiding now. FS will not help one bit being you can't be sure you'll EVER be on when the Raid it up.

That's not good design anyway you look at it.

If this was made for LFR fine I guess. But then why be in a guild? There is no reason being it's impossible to know exactly when you'll EVER be able to raid as a set group.

Again is this ready good for Rift? I'd say not a million times over.

There is not testing going on, on the next Raid yet. So it's still a LONG way off.

This RnG Raid just might kill off Rift before it ever comes out. Even in my guild (which is not hard core in the least) there is already nothing to do. So making a RnG raid will not help the grumblings about nothing to do as a guild.

You'll never be able to setup a raid time to do the event which is sad indeed. You might miss all of it. 70%? 50%? Or never see it. Boy that's not good design at all the way it looks.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissibow View Post
    This is just what happened in WoW. You can't setup a Raid night with a random event needing to go off. I'm sure there will be a cool down on it. So once it pops and the timer runs out you'll not get another for a while.

If your guild logs in at the end of the timer you are screwed if it's about to end. You can't setup a raid on a chance to raid. Trion is already killing raiding in Rift now anyway. With ZERO raiding now. FS will not help one bit being you can't be sure you'll EVER be on when the Raid it up.

You'll never be able to setup a raid time to do the event which is sad indeed. You might miss all of it. 70%? 50%? Or never see it. Boy that's not good design at all the way it looks.
    Say the event was kicked off at 3pm
    Say your raid is at 7pm
    You could get one person into the boss at 6:59pm and bring everyone else in whenever they arrive if you like. I tried this on PTS. As far as my limited testing went, you can hang out in that instance for another hour after the four hour window has been closed. Maybe longer.

Lets say you don't get that person in, you can get your 20+ people into Xarth Mire and start the event again. IF another event is running, you'll have to complete that first, then it should pop soon after.

Then there's the possiblity of multiple shards having multiple timers, but I'm not sure about this as LFR is a cross-shard tool I'm guessing.

I don't know how wow does it, but I don't see an issue being able to get in to kill the boss at any time you want as long as you have at least 20 people to start the event if it needs starting.

I wouldn't worry about missing 70% of it, unless they add rewards for doing parts of the event. The fight is just a tad more difficult than experts, so I doubt it will quench your guilds grumblings in it's current state. I guess it depends on whether it's repeatable. It is on PTS.

Plane Walker

I shouldn't have to fight the game or devise work arounds to gather my guild for a raid night. Typical guilds raid 3 nights a week for 3 hours or so - this is impossible for the foreseeable future and when it comes back I think a lot of guilds will have drifted apart. Fortress Siege is a glorified Volan event not a raid night. Guilds need support from Trion to stick together to get through this end game drought the xpac brought us and Fortress Siege isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cladari View Post
    Guilds need support from Trion to stick together to get through this end game drought the xpac brought us and Fortress Siege isn't it.
    This.

Also is this actually currently working on PTS? It was said we'd be able to test this and LFR over the holidays.

If I wait around for hours on PTS will the event trigger or will I just be waiting around for hours? I feel like this hasn't been adequately communicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobly View Post
    This.

Also is this actually currently working on PTS? It was said we'd be able to test this and LFR over the holidays.

If I wait around for hours on PTS will the event trigger or will I just be waiting around for hours? I feel like this hasn't been adequately communicated.
    From what was posted earlier {below} not sure if this is actually working tbh. I wonder if they could make a lure for this like we have to start a ZE vs. waiting. Just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by Kerilar View Post
    Hey Folks! I wanted to let you guys know a little bit about how this will trigger. Basically it will try to run every 4~ hours ish. If there are 10 people in the zone when it checks, and no other ZEs running, it will fire. If there is one running, it will fire shortly after that one completes.
    Last edited by Darkcleros; 12-31-2016 at 06:32 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast