+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Looking for Raid feature

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Default OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Looking for Raid feature

Hello folks!

The new Looking for Raid (LFR) feature is live on Public Test Server as of December 16th, 2016.

We know that it is NOT ready for release yet, but this is the perfect time to request your feedback on the feature, including the UI, bugs and usability. Thank you for your help in bringing this feature up to snuff!

Brasse

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

ALERT!
    RoughRaptors says that we have to actually run a Fortress Siege Test and WIN it before the LFR feature will become available.

I am sure there are some convoluted Devtechnospeak reasons for this, but I'm just a Dwarf. I am sure you'll hear more about this from Vladd and RoughRaptors... SOON!

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    I am sure there are some convoluted Devtechnospeak reasons for this, but I'm just a Dwarf. I am sure you'll hear more about this from Vladd and RoughRaptors... SOON!
    The reasoning for this is initially the only way to enter the raid for completing the Fortress Siege was through a portal. We decided to make things a bit more user friendly and incorporate LFR into this. When the zone event is successfully completed it will unlock the ability to queue for that raid in LFR for a specific period of time. So right now, until we get a Fortress Siege event successfully completed, there is no way to queue for LFR.
    You don't know what these socks are!

Are Sieges Available on live yet?

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #5

Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    Are Sieges Available on live yet?
    Live? No. They are in testing on PTS right now as of today's patch. If we get enough people online I can start up the fortress siege, but we would need 20+ people.

What little feedback I can give with only parts of the UI visible:

- I like the mix of IA and expert UI. No need to get used to something new.
    - Patron button and text is visible as a patron. Bug?
    - Just to make sure: How will the system behave with more than one person queueing as raid leader? Let's say the first two in the queue are raid leaders and another 9/19 join the queue. Will the 2nd raid leader be skipped to have raid leaders available for the next group or will both join the raid?
    - For EU and not much you can do about it, but I'm looking forward to french/german/russian/whatever speaking raid leaders
    Last edited by dunkelst; 12-16-2016 at 12:57 PM.
    Quit: I survived 4.0, but 4.1 broke my will.
    Replacing the "challenge" with a grind to get the best gear is just too much with what was already wrong since 4.0.

Rift Chaser

Testing with live gear, or is there a pts set we should use?
    Last edited by Harumph; 12-16-2016 at 12:32 PM.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #8

Quote Originally Posted by dunkelst View Post
    Just to make sure: How will the system behave with more than one person queueing as raid leader? Let's say the first two in the queue are raid leaders and another 19 join the queue. Will the 2nd raid leader be skipped to have raid leaders available for the next group or will both join the raid?
    If you have multiple people who selected raid leader, it will just pick one of them right now. If multiple leaders are attempting to be put into the same raid, it will delay a bit (and by a bit I mean you will not notice the delay), and if it cannot find a leaderless raid to put that person in, it will put them both in the same raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Harumph View Post
    Testing with live gear, or is there a pts set we should use?
    This is more testing LFR itself rather than the boss. Use whatever you'd like, although some additional things do happen when you complete the raid.

Soulwalker

in LFR window, Patron button brings me to the screen to get patron vs queueing (assuming that queues just disabled atm but..)

So I take it we've not won a Fortress Siege yet? LFR doesn't seem to do anything at the moment apart from allowing you to select roles and raid lead.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Noobly View Post
    So I take it we've not won a Fortress Siege yet? LFR doesn't seem to do anything at the moment apart from allowing you to select roles and raid lead.
    You need to win the zone event first, which means you need to pop the zone event first which means you need at least 20 people on and for the devs to pop the zone event.

Not sure if it pops on it's own though.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Shadowlander

This was quite a popular and acceptable feature of WoW's Lich King expansion if I remember rightly, whoever won Lake Wintergrasp's control enabled the Vault of Archavon and was great fun working very well and also brought non PvP'rs into the fray.

With this in mind it was quite a difficult assault if the defence was strong and sometimes you didn't win through, defending was brilliant as there was nothing like getting into a siege cannon and blowing the enemy into the air and of course I remember well leading the catapults to smash the cannon on the walls.

How this sort of encounter will translate into Rift however is not so clear, will the side Guardian or Defiants get access to LFR or will only those participating get access to LFR, seems a bit narrow especially with such little playable sideways content at max level.

It does also beg the question about having dedicated PvP stats and sets which set aside the one size fits all solution that is used now, I can see the argument for having a full set of stats, armour and runes/vials for those that want to hunt down their fellow human players.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgydruid View Post
    How this sort of encounter will translate into Rift however is not so clear, will the side Guardian or Defiants get access to LFR or will only those participating get access to LFR, seems a bit narrow especially with such little playable sideways content at max level.
    I can tell you it's very clear Everyone gets access to be able to walk into the 10 man boss, or use the LFR tool once the zone event is complete. You wll have to find the shard that completed the event if you wish to walk in however.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgydruid View Post
    This was quite a popular and acceptable feature of WoW's Lich King expansion if I remember rightly, whoever won Lake Wintergrasp's control enabled the Vault of Archavon and was great fun working very well and also brought non PvP'rs into the fray.

With this in mind it was quite a difficult assault if the defence was strong and sometimes you didn't win through, defending was brilliant as there was nothing like getting into a siege cannon and blowing the enemy into the air and of course I remember well leading the catapults to smash the cannon on the walls.

It does also beg the question about having dedicated PvP stats and sets which set aside the one size fits all solution that is used now, I can see the argument for having a full set of stats, armour and runes/vials for those that want to hunt down their fellow human players.
    It sort of worked in WoW. Key words here of sort of.

If your server was heavy one way you might not EVER control the area meaning you'd NEVER get to do the raid.

I remember going weeks on end and never winning just because my server was so horde heavy. Almost 8 to 1.

I never liked the idea of forced PvP. Either PvP works or it doesn't. Forcing PvP to do PvE it just about as bad of an idea as there is.

The idea of winning a super fun zone event to open something would be fun. But forced PvP? I'll pass. PvP in Rift is about as fun as being kick in the...... Non-stop. Fun? Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    I can tell you it's very clear Everyone gets access to be able to walk into the 10 man boss, or use the LFR tool once the zone event is complete. You wll have to find the shard that completed the event if you wish to walk in however.
    So this is how it will work in live? Zone event (Fortress Siege) enables LFR / flags you for entry to 10 man instanced boss fight?

So walk in or use LFR tool... meaning can create pre-made raid and opt to not use LFR? If the boss is difficult at all I'd expect most will want to form groups outside of the LFR tool, if that is the case. If more like a PAA or IA boss then it probably wouldn't matter.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast