+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Looking for Raid feature

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #16

Right now it seems that LFR isn't properly hooked up the zone event completion so it remains untestable, I'll pass it on and hopefully we can get that fixed for the next PTS build.
    You don't know what these socks are!

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noobly View Post
    meaning can create pre-made raid and opt to not use LFR? If the boss is difficult at all I'd expect most will want to form groups outside of the LFR tool, if that is the case. If more like a PAA or IA boss then it probably wouldn't matter
    So far from the PTS version i saw, a well organised pre-made will have no issues with the 10-man boss, it will be just like an IA boss to them.

However a purely random LFR group just thrown together is going to have issues.....maybe.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #18

Quote Originally Posted by SupermanSocks View Post
    Right now it seems that LFR isn't properly hooked up the zone event completion so it remains untestable, I'll pass it on and hopefully we can get that fixed for the next PTS build.
    Turns out if you force the zone event to occur (as I did), it breaks the LFR scripting. Yay me I guess lol, seems it will need to trigger naturally or have some designers do some magic to make it work.
    Last edited by SupermanSocks; 12-19-2016 at 10:37 AM.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #19

We got a PTS update and I added in some new tech today that allows me to enable LFR independently of the Fortress Siege event being complete. If you get a group together let me know, right now it's not enabled, but I can enable it if you get a group, the easiest way to get me to respond is to just ping me in the Rift Discord cause it'll flash so I'll see it.

Later on I'll just enable it for a long duration so it will remain active and people can test it while I'm not around.

Edit: Forgot to mention there is a known bug that when solo queuing or if you are the leader of a group, when selecting roles it might flash or unselect itself and behave weirdly, if it unselects itself, close and re-open the window.

Edit2: Also forgot to mention that LFR is defaulted as a keybind to control + i if you did not previously have that bound.
    Last edited by SupermanSocks; 12-20-2016 at 02:17 PM.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #20

Some changes to go into today's PTS build later from feedback/bug findings:
    • Various back-end changes (not noticeable for the most part)
    • The Patron button should no longer be there if you are a Patron.
    • The role locked message now says LFR instead of LFG
    • The queue as leader icon will remain locked/checked if you have selected it and queued. It does not save if you check it, close the window, and re-open the window. It will also deselect itself if you have it selected and your queue pops or you leave the queue. These are design decisions and not bugs.
    • The boss dialog window should no longer display a timer if your ready check finishes early and the ready button's text has been changed to be more accurate on what it does.

(ps it would be awesome if we could get some functionality/is this obvious to use testing)
    Last edited by SupermanSocks; 12-22-2016 at 10:24 AM.

Are we currently able to actually test this on PTS? I pull it up, can queue... it says it's been over 2.5 days. Is that how long it's been waiting to try to fill raid?

Should probably have some type of icon below the minimap like we have for other things (warfronts, etc) that reminds you that you are actually queued for something. I can see these queues going long.

I expect most people to form raid with guild and fill from cross-events though, so I don't know how useful LFR will be. Seems like for those that use this could have a long frustrating wait. Maybe not... but people already complain about long dungeon queues.
    Last edited by Noobly; 12-31-2016 at 08:01 AM.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #22

Quote Originally Posted by Noobly View Post
    Are we currently able to actually test this on PTS? I pull it up, can queue... it says it's been over 2.5 days. Is that how long it's been waiting to try to fill raid?
    The timer is because it's a "temporary raid" (my own name), or one that's linked to the fortress siege. It does not appear until the fortress siege is completed, but for testing purposes I made some tech that lets me enable it for a certain timeframe, so I just enabled it for like two weeks or so before I left the office. The countdown is when it goes away.

I was given leader by the lfr. I did not want lead so I attempted to hand it to someone who did it would not allow me to promote anyone to leader.

A few bugs I noticed from my own playing around during the live stream:
    • If the Fortress Siege instance opens while I have the LFR window open, then the raid does not appear until I reopen the window
    • The LFR UI does not lock on me if I reduce my hit/stats below the requirements, I can join the queue even if I remove all my gear as long as I had the necessary stats when I opened the window.
    • The LFR Queue only cares about your Primary stat, my ability to queue was unaffected by what my hit was. I lowered my hit to 1000, and I was still able to queue, but if I lowered my Mage's INT below the threshold displayed on the lock, then I got the lock.
    • Something happened during the livestream test, and I could no longer leave an LFR queue without relogging. At the start, when I first queued when the "Queen's Foci" raid opened, I was able to leave the queue properly.
    Rift Datamining, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #25

Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post
    I was given leader by the lfr. I did not want lead so I attempted to hand it to someone who did it would not allow me to promote anyone to leader.
    This is an intended design, you are not able to change leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Clowd View Post
    [*]If the Fortress Siege instance opens while I have the LFR window open, then the raid does not appear until I reopen the window]
    That's fine, I don't think many people will be sitting with the window open at all times, the things we'd need to do to refresh the window for everyone would be a bit overkill.

The LFR UI does not lock on me if I reduce my hit/stats below the requirements, I can join the queue even if I remove all my gear as long as I had the necessary stats when I opened the window.]
    Did it actually let you queue when you removed your gear? The lock shouldn't appear because the window knows at one point you met the requirements, but it gear checks again upon hitting the join button and it should spit out an error message that you didn't meet the requirements.

Something happened during the livestream test, and I could no longer leave an LFR queue without relogging. At the start, when I first queued when the "Queen's Foci" raid opened, I was able to leave the queue properly.
    ]
    I'm looking into this, a lot of people have said similar things. I've personally never seen this in the entire development cycle of the feature. If you can get me the exact steps you took to make this happen it would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by SupermanSocks View Post
    Did it actually let you queue when you removed your gear? The lock shouldn't appear because the window knows at one point you met the requirements, but it gear checks again upon hitting the join button and it should spit out an error message that you didn't meet the requirements.
    Good point, just tried this, and It did not let me queue. I properly refused me with an error message.
    Rift Datamining, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

Default thoughts on LFR

What was showcased today looked pretty solid. First thought that came to mind that I hope Trion is considering from a design point of allowing LFR to apply to older raids vanilla through NMT (which would scale to 70). This would allow newer players to experience prior content and allow those not new to the game more options to re-visit old stomping grounds.

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #28

If you were put into a state where you were queued but could not leave the queue, could you describe the sequence of events that happened to get you into that state? Did your queue pop and show 10 roles, then disappear due to someone hitting decline? Were you in a group or solo? How many people...etc

Thanks!
    Last edited by SupermanSocks; 01-06-2017 at 11:35 PM.

We had a full raid in queue yesterday but it didn't take us anywhere. We just sat around wondering what was up. I didn't have lead, but we did try swapping some party members in and out.

Plane Touched

From just messing around solo -

No roles selected - join button disappears
    Select tank (2k+guard) - join button appears
    Select tank (1.7k guard) - join button does not appear

All that seems right,but

Select tank (1.7k guard), then also select Heal - join button appears and lets me queue. Seems like the button appears if I meet the requirements of any of my selected roles. No idea if it would actually set me as tank if I found a group.

Also, the LFR icon thing doesn't always appear. talking about that little section that shows when you have minion rewards waiting/are queued for dungeons/pvp. If I queue for LFR it doesn't show up. If I queue for LFR AND a dungeon, both icons show up. Queueing for pvp does not make it show up.

If I leave the dungeon queue, both icons disappear.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast