+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Planar Fragments altered ***on PTS ONLY***

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Default Planar Fragments altered ***on PTS ONLY***

ATTENTION! Did you notice a change in your Planar Fragments with today's PTS patch?

DO NOT PANIC!

An intentional change was made to planar fragments on PTS ONLY, and these changes are NOT going to Live. Ever.

Long version, with whys and wherefores, straight from the RoughRaptor himself:

All planar fragments on your PTS characters have been reassigned new stats. In future, when transferring additional Live characters to PTS, your planar fragments will also be rerolled with new stats.

We know this will be annoying to many, and apologize for the inconvenience, but there is a good reason for it: to preserve the integrity of the Planar Fragment system design on Live.

Without this change, players could transfer to PTS with massive resources and platinum and infuse as much as they want, which would reveal all stats on the planar fragments. This would in turn allow players to determine, at no personal cost or investment, whether or not they want to actually infuse the same fragment on Live.
    This goes directly against the design of the system, so the stats on your planar fragments had to be altered on PTS only.
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 12-08-2016 at 03:38 PM.

Rift Disciple

If every time we copy over our fragments change will there be Fragments provided so we don't have to gather a new set if we want to test changes on the PTS? (DPS/HPS/tanking changes ect)
    Dorikan
    <Nefarious>

King of Slackers

Quote Originally Posted by Rage09 View Post
    If every time we copy over our fragments change will there be Fragments provided so we don't have to gather a new set if we want to test changes on the PTS? (DPS/HPS/tanking changes ect)
    There is a cape with level 6 fragment stats you can buy.
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons - Contend
    Youtube
    Twitch

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Rage09 View Post
    Your primary stat and levels stay the same for your fragments (so they'll be the same tier) but everything else about them will likely change. It means you can't really test your Live character's DPS on the PTS anymore. I usually do this on the PTS because of all the respeccing costs. Just a minor nuisance I guess.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Ral
    Rift Master

While I accept this solution given the gravity of the exploit, just as an idea for an alternative would be to add a infusion locked flag to fragments that would be set when copying to PTS which would prevent the fragments from being upgraded, but allow them to retain there current stats when they were copied.

I know this is likely alot of work, but it might be a better solution to work toward while the current solution is used for now.

Alternately offer a vendor on PTS that sells ever basic type of fragment and/or select very well stacked relic fragments so testers can emulate base level, max level and a balance in between.

At any rate thanks for addressing this glaring exploit, it wasn't really worth the hassle in the immediate, but when it came time to min/max for raids, it had devastating potential.

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    [B]Without this change, players could transfer to PTS with massive resources and platinum and infuse as much as they want, which would reveal all stats on the planar fragments. This would in turn allow players to determine, at no personal cost or investment, whether or not they want to actually infuse the same fragment on Live.
    This goes directly against the design of the system, so the stats on your planar fragments had to be altered on PTS only.
    So, essentially, risk and reward are considered integral to the way planar fragments work.
    Myred & Associates, a Deepwood PLLC
    dba TedCrooz@Deepwood; Mjirth@Deepwood
    Keeper of the Corgi Mask < -Hello Kitty- >
    #SeastoneBestStone, but never forget #DeepwoodBestWood

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

Quote Originally Posted by Myred View Post
    So, essentially, risk and reward are considered integral to the way planar fragments work.
    You could also see it as "I know what loot is going to drop from the raid this week, I don't need any of it, therefore I won't go". It stops activity from happening and removes any element of surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by SupermanSocks View Post
    You could also see it as "I know what loot is going to drop from the raid this week, I don't need any of it, therefore I won't go". It stops activity from happening and removes any element of surprise.
    Its a pretty lame comparison. One of the worst I've read. You should add to it the fact of "If I had to pay 3.5k plat per each boss I kill in the raid, I'd never go into a raid", lol.

Totally disagree with the change. Imo the design of this PF system was done poorly compared to the other rngs we had before. Its the worst rng this game ever had. Saying the change was needed in order to make the system work as intended is the same as saying "planar fragments are there to be a plat sink, join the boat and gamble away your money".

With all the due respect, instead of changing this right now, like someone pointed out, when there isn't even a raid out there and fragments are downbolstered in pvp, seems like this change was really out of the timing. Just look at the fact it's been more than 4 weeks of expansion and we still don't have weekly quests.

Telaran

I always considered already a RNG on the way fragments with stats drop (the RNG drop).
    I mean even raid bosses have a loot table,judging by the comment, and was perfectly viable not to do x raid because no need for gear from specific one,but people still doing it because of the marks or helping guildmates to gear up.

Wouldnt be a problem if raid gear drop is relic quality at least (which should be since the risk was already taken on defeating bosses,not also to gamble too right?),but epic is also acceptable for a raid i guess.

Gambling with fragments for me is like rng reveal on top of rng drops

Rift Disciple

Seems a bit drastic, overreaching and reactionary. What you are basically saying is that prior to this patch a person could transfer to PTS with tons of money and basically infuse all fragments. You basically just said to everyone that there is no RNG in planar fragments and everything is set in stone. Solution to this is make the fragments' truly random. That way no amount of money and infusing would ever reveal anything. Or simply disable infusing of fragments on PTS when characters are transferred from live.

Gotta say PF are a disappointment. SFP as it is now is a disappointment. The game is essentially half finished. We do not have a commendations officer in the Celestial Lands, we do not have raids, the dungeons produce lack luster results, Planar Assaults gets boring real quick, the quality of the drops from mobs is about as weird as it gets, crafting is equally strange and integral portions of the game (quests) sometimes work and sometimes don't.

Each of us playing SFP paid money to play what was advertised. Right now were not getting what we were promised. If this wasn't a game and game designers/publisher weren't allowed to basically release unfinished products, you Trion would have lots of trouble on various fronts. But since you are a game designer/publisher your basically allowed to use false advertising by promising "Wait! I will fix that. Eventually." or "Its coming! No ETA, though." Have to say if you are going to continue to charge us for all future content you should be reap what you sow. Credit card denied "Wait! I will fix that. Eventually." Only half the money for the deluxe edition arrived "Its coming. No ETA, though". Perhaps if you had to put up with what your customer do you wouldn't deliver half finished buggy content.

Rift Disciple

Surprise is highly overrated. I prefer solid, predictable, reliable information to work with.
    Co-GM of Haganai <Faeblight>
    GM of Filthy Casual <Gelidra> <deleted chars and guild>
    No more money for Trion til changes made

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #12

Quote Originally Posted by Moril View Post
    You basically just said to everyone that there is no RNG in planar fragments and everything is set in stone.
    This was done in order to be able to restore lost items, ie if a person accidentally deletes a planar fragment CS can give it back to them with the exact same stats. I can't go into the details on how the system calculates and generates its stats, but being set in stone does not mean there is no RNG because it's set on item creation randomly.
    Last edited by RoughRaptors; 12-09-2016 at 10:32 PM.

Thats rather funny coming from an (ex?) raider. You know, my guild and I raided because we liked raiding, not because we needed gear.
    Axynia - Pagefault - Segfault - Xinira
    <Transcendent>
    Inactive

You could also see it as "I know how much plat I'm going to spend before this fragment becomes totally useless due to getting a stupid stat. I don't need to waste my plat, so I won't spend it". It stops players throwing away plat and removes the biggest plat sink in the game.
    Last edited by Meteorblade; 12-10-2016 at 01:14 AM.

Rift Master

How about the middle grounds, and randomize the stats that are still hidden and not the ones that are shown? Wouldn't that solve both issues at the same time? You could copy over your char and test things with same version as on live, but if you tried to up your fragments they woudln't get same stats, most of the time).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast