+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How long will the PTS be down?

Telaran

Default How long will the PTS be down?

I am having problem with a toon and the only way I think I can fix it is to see this toon on PTS.

Plane Walker

can any dev pls get PTS up asap or give a ETA?

why would PTS be up if there is nothing to test ?

All there is is live now, any (small) fixes they will most likely try in closed testing for the patch..

And I may be wrong, but I think PTS is linked to NA shards.. And NA shards are coming down today.. so PTS will most likely not be up today anyways.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    why would PTS be up if there is nothing to test ?

All there is is live now, any (small) fixes they will most likely try in closed testing for the patch..

And I may be wrong, but I think PTS is linked to NA shards.. And NA shards are coming down today.. so PTS will most likely not be up today anyways.
    What are you talking about? PTS has never been affected by NA's weekly patches.

read again... NA patch doesnt run for PTS... but if the servers are connected, then the downtime would affect both

As it was with the testing for Starfall, during the last? patch for NA before launch, the PTS went down too.. no access to either one..
    Last edited by Aranka; 11-23-2016 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    read again... NA patch doesnt run for PTS... but if the servers are connected, then the downtime would affect both

As it was with the testing for Starfall, during the last? patch for NA before launch, the PTS went down too.. no access to either one..
    Not sure what you mean by "if the servers are connected".
    They're all independent of each other, and the only downtime that affects both clusters is network-related downtime where they're all unreachable, or they're all shut down deliberately at the same time.

I'm waiting to get back on to PTS to test some combat logging changes

Edit: From what I understand, changes don't have to go through PTS before they make it to live. I assume that a significant majority of the changes actually get pushed to PTS and live shards at the same time, where public testing isn't required or needed. PTS is for us to get on and test features that require more feedback or additional testing before they go live for whatever reason.
    Last edited by Hewi; 11-23-2016 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Always forget something...
    NA#1 T-Rex. One of the token aussies for -Lemme Smash-
    RIP Coriolis.

PrancingTurtle online log parser

if the servers are connected....

meaning if an update would run simultanously for both servers..

or if the source of the downtime would start a point, that leads to both servers networkwise..

first would be intentional,
    2nd would be unlucky source

+ Reply to Thread