+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nazuki

Thread: Nonsense Abilities

Soulwalker

Post Nonsense Abilities

Opening this so everyone can bring up abilities, legendary or regular, that don't perform as advertised.

For example: Shadeborn Rogue's Legendary Strangulate

Regular Strangulate = Global Cooldown, set damage every 3 seconds over 30 seconds, doubles Bond of Night damage, and provides 1 combo point.

Legendary Strangulate = 20 Second Cooldown, same set damage, but once every second for 4 seconds (40% of the damage of regular Strangulate) doubles Bond of Night damage, 1 combo point, can move while channeling (this ability is not channeled at all anyway)

In essence, Legendary Strangulate is LESS effective than the regular version, so why is it Legendary at all?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Specter Vance View Post
    Opening this so everyone can bring up abilities, legendary or regular, that don't perform as advertised.

For example: Shadeborn Rogue's Legendary Strangulate

Regular Strangulate = Global Cooldown, set damage every 3 seconds over 30 seconds, doubles Bond of Night damage, and provides 1 combo point.

Legendary Strangulate = 20 Second Cooldown, same set damage, but once every second for 4 seconds (40% of the damage of regular Strangulate) doubles Bond of Night damage, 1 combo point, can move while channeling (this ability is not channeled at all anyway)

In essence, Legendary Strangulate is LESS effective than the regular version, so why is it Legendary at all?
    Debilitate for pvp. And hey, maybe trion will start to make ads more cc-able in raids/dungeons because several legendaries only really add cc like this.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Boxsmith View Post
    Debilitate for pvp. And hey, maybe trion will start to make ads more cc-able in raids/dungeons because several legendaries only really add cc like this.
    It doesn't debilitate though. I've tried it on mobs and it didn't do anything but damage over 4 secs. Either I hit a mob immune to debilitate effects, or I missed something.

Champion

It doesn't debilitate though. I've tried it on mobs and it didn't do anything but damage over 4 secs. Either I hit a mob immune to debilitate effects, or I missed something.
    Odd, according to the description in the rogue legendaries thread it's supposed to debilitate. They may have changed it since those posts though, don't go on the pts so I dunno.

Telaran

Opening this so everyone can bring up abilities, legendary or regular, that don't perform as advertised. (or are plain useless?)
    If thats your question i just wanna say Archon. 50% of its soul tree is nonsense.
    Trion please look into 61 Archon, change useless abilities into something actually worth casting/putting soul points into (not just because you need the 61 ability but because its a useful thing to the spec). And please think about changing the playstyle because once you basically trashed Harbchon I know no one who actually likes to play support as a mage anymore.

It feels just clunky as hell to play with all that RNG and spamming filler fireballs until you get a proc and can actually provide buffs and do some damage.

Nice try actually balancing Archon and Beastmaster.
    Before the Flaring Power change it was Harbchon>BM; now its BM>Archon..

List of useless abilities in 61 Archon:

- Leeching Flames (Mana Regen #1)
    - Mental Flare (Mana Regen #2)
    - Steadfast Return (Mana Regen #3)
    - Power-Drain
    - (Flowing Sand) - can sometimes actually be useful -> CC breaker (but you already have enough cc-breakers from planar attunement)
    - Waning Power
    - Point to Point
    - Searing Vitality (except for maybe the legendary one?)
    - Soul Tree Abilitities attached to the ones above

I hope you make archon fun again, thanks
    Last edited by Nazuki; 11-15-2016 at 03:49 PM.

Rift Disciple

For Strangulate, I think the bonus is the fact that you can move. So, for example, if you are in a raid and are using strangulate, when the boss drops an aoe, you can still get out without interrupoting your attack. A non-legendary strangulate that stops doing damage since you moved is obviously less effective than a legendary version just just keeps ticking.
    Last edited by bahmeh; 11-28-2016 at 08:41 PM.

Wild growth in chloro.

Now that the damage buff was removed its only a 12k heal over 30 seconds. Extremely extremely weak and is completely pointless to cast as your better off casting any other heal for double/triple the hps output.

Neddra's might ... please update values with new stats

Ascendant

Are we really doing this?

Okay

https://rift.magelo.com/en/ability/1774010323

+ Reply to Thread