+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How to find the puzzle entrance in Alittu?

Plane Touched

Default How to find the puzzle entrance in Alittu?

I've listened to the hints in the livestream. I've been all over Alittu multiple times. I can't find the puzzle entrance.

Either I'm doing something wrong, or the puzzle entrance doesn't always appear.

Help, either in the form of instructions, or an image of what an entrance looks like, would be welcome!

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

It's a very small rotating dice under a desk, sorry i can't be more exact as to location

The location changes according to the livestresm. Yesterday it was at the very top floor behind the npcs and under a bench in the southeast or bottom right of the map. (IA npc area)
    Last edited by Grrrrl; 11-05-2016 at 01:46 PM.
    Grl / Grrrl / Grrrrl / Grrrrrl @Deepwood <Hello Kitty> Grrrrl / Grl @Zaviel and probably more...

RETIRED

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Grrrrl View Post
    The location changes according to the livestresm. Yesterday it was at the very top floor behind the npcs and under a bench in the southeast or bottom right of the map. (IA npc area)
    Ahhh! Thank you, Grrrrl! It is indeed still there.

To help others:

Plane Touched

At the moment it's stayed in that location on PTS. When it's ready and goes Live, it will be changing locations.

Rift Chaser

finding the entrance is part of the fun of a puzzle not to mention alittu is pretty small. . . .slipmat gave you quite a fair and decent hint, grrrl flat out told you exactly where it was and vid you just plastered the location with giant pictures. lets stick to helpful hints like slipmat gave once live hits at least for a little while

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by makerofwidows View Post
    finding the entrance is part of the fun of a puzzle not to mention alittu is pretty small. . . .slipmat gave you quite a fair and decent hint, grrrl flat out told you exactly where it was and vid you just plastered the location with giant pictures. lets stick to helpful hints like slipmat gave once live hits at least for a little while
    "Plastered the location"?? That doesn't even make sense. I put the pics of what to look for here, in this thread that people aren't going to read unless they actively are looking for the answer. The pics are what I myself would have found ideal, and so I made them and shared them.

For those who think that finding the entrance is part of the fun of the puzzle and want no hints, they still have that fun and won't see your comment or mine or the pics I posted. For the rest who might be hoping for a clear answer, I've given one.

Rift Chaser

"Put pics of what to look for" = plastered the exact location. It's just like boss guides and rare mobs people trying to do it themselves won't look but the people who don't care will and get ahead of the people trying to achieve the completion naturally. HINTS are okay and slipmat gave you a pretty good hint, I'd say grrrlll gave you a bit more than a helpful hint but at least you still had some exploration left to do.

Not attacking you for your lack of effort in searching the massive area of alittu once Simon and slipmat gave you the hint just saying please don't post exact locations or images of exact locations once live hits at least for a little while. The second picture zoomed in a bit more might even pass as a subtle hint. Even Simon did not want to show the exact location in his massive spoiler/puzzle unveiling stream saying something along the lines of let people figure it out themselves.

Hints are not exact answers there is a difference
    Last edited by makerofwidows; 11-09-2016 at 08:16 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by makerofwidows View Post
    "Put pics of what to look for" = plastered the exact location. It's just like boss guides and rare mobs people trying to do it themselves won't look but the people who don't care will and get ahead of the people trying to achieve the completion naturally. HINTS are okay and slipmat gave you a pretty good hint, I'd say grrrlll gave you a bit more than a helpful hint but at least you still had some exploration left to do.

Not attacking you for your lack of effort in searching the massive area of alittu once Simon and slipmat gave you the hint just saying please don't post exact locations or images of exact locations once live hits at least for a little while. The second picture zoomed in a bit more might even pass as a subtle hint. Even Simon did not want to show the exact location in his massive spoiler/puzzle unveiling stream saying something along the lines of let people figure it out themselves.

Hints are not exact answers there is a difference
    I think you're missing the point.

The hint that Simon gave over the livestream wasn't enough for me, and trust that I DID go over Alittu and its surrounds multiple times before giving up and making this post. Since it wasn't enough of a hint for me, and I like to think I'm at least halfway intelligent, I figure there were others in the same position.

I really don't think that asking for the ENTRANCE to the puzzle, in BETA, was an unreasonable thing to ask. I don't see how this gives an advantage to me over anyone wanting to complete the puzzles in live (when it's live), especially when the item to click will move.

As to "getting ahead of people", this isn't a competition. I think I helped here. Anyone not wanting help won't be looking at the thread in the first place, and for those that do, there is no advantage at all in live. I'm going to have to look for the thing in live just like everyone else, and so will anyone else that's seen the pics I posted. At least now, we'll have a clue on what to look for.

Rift Disciple

Haha no point in bickering over the entrance. To be honest, it's just a small piece of the big picture that Dead Simon has developed. If people want to go around posting the entrance location, I'm fine with that. By the time people start crafting the cosmetic gear pieces, everyone will have a list of all the possible entrance points. Which will be months before anyone knows what they're doing for the meta puzzle + you need specific achievements and items to even get to the crafting hall. At the end of the day, the last thing everyone should be stressing over is the entrance.

dior
    trinity
    MASTER OF THE WILD

WHERE IS THE ENTRANCE!?!????!
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

King of Slackers

Is it bugfree?
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons - Contend
    Youtube
    Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    WHERE IS THE ENTRANCE!?!????!
    /who toc's puzzle dungeon
    /invite name
    /p hey, could I get a summon?
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    Mistakes Were Made - Guild
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Hepatits View Post
    /who toc's puzzle dungeon
    /invite name
    /p hey, could I get a summon?
    /who boase
    /invite boase
    /p carry me pls

dior
    trinity
    MASTER OF THE WILD

Soulwalker

Is this puzzle on live shards now? or is it in a future patch. Can't seem to find any info on it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast