+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree13Likes
  • 3 Post By Gwyndeth
  • 1 Post By Manasha
  • 8 Post By Salvatrix
  • 1 Post By Nouvae

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Stans Lure Dimension Items

Soulwalker

Default Stans Lure Dimension Items

A few things I found, although I don't think intended, could use a small bit of a fix. The [Broad Brevane Tree] doesn't seem to be scalable and the [Eth Rift Machine] pivot point appears below the actual middle of the object. Also, [Fishing Net and Pier Pole] are soulbound. A big THANK YOU to Tacitus and designers for making the Stan's Lure awesome again!
    Last edited by Gwyndeth; 10-30-2016 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyndeth View Post
    A few things I found, although I don't think intended, could use a small bit of a fix. The [Broad Brevane Tree] doesn't seem to be scalable and the [Eth Rift Machine] pivot point appears below the actual middle of the object. A big THANK YOU to Tacitus and designers for making the Stan's Lure awesome again!
    I don't know what the Eth Rift Machine is, but it sounds like something I need to put in one of my dims.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Shield of Telara

Another possible issue with Stan's lure is that there are no white items. We all complained a long time ago about the crappy white items we were getting so the devs took out white dim items from the table. But if these are cherry picked items from things past then the whites should come back. I have done quite a bit of fishing now and have not seen some of the old items such as "death's door", which was a white item. IDK if maybe they have changed the rarity on these types of items but I have yet to see some of the amazing white's from old sources.

But so far it has been fun to use Stan's Lure once again. I can not wait until I can get the long shimmersand rope bridge on live! Thanks devs for taking the time to make some of these items obtainable once again!
    Last edited by Manasha; 10-30-2016 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manasha View Post
    Another possible issue with Stan's lure is that there are no white items. We all complained a long time ago about the crappy white items we were getting so the devs took out white dim items from the table. But if these are cherry picked items from things past then the whites should come back. I have done quite a bit of fishing now and have not seen some of the old items such as "death's door", which was a white item. IDK if maybe they have changed the rarity on these types of items but I have yet to see some of the amazing white's from old sources.

But so far it has been fun to use Stan's Lure once again. I can not wait until I can get the long shimmersand rope bridge on live! Thanks devs for taking the time to make some of these items obtainable once again!
    I hope all those common items are being distributed in other ways. I have not fished up any white items on Stan's Lure also in the last several days, but the results have been wonderful thus far.

There is a post that has an extensive list of items that disappeared from Stan's Lure, when Tacitus was reworking the lure, maybe those items found their way elsewhere?

Edit to add: I have fished up several of the items on that list of missing items, just no white common things.
    Last edited by Nouvae; 10-30-2016 at 05:23 PM.

The flat side of "Cliff Face Boulder" has no collision. Hopefully this will be fixed before it goes out on live because that flat side will be absolutely fantastic to use for landscaping.

6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyndeth View Post
    A few things I found, although I don't think intended, could use a small bit of a fix. The [Broad Brevane Tree] doesn't seem to be scalable and the [Eth Rift Machine] pivot point appears below the actual middle of the object. Also, [Fishing Net and Pier Pole] are soulbound.
    Thank you. I now have fixes in for these (or in the case of the bad center point, a task now assigned to art to fix) ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Nouvae View Post
    I hope all those common items are being distributed in other ways. I have not fished up any white items on Stan's Lure also in the last several days, but the results have been wonderful thus far.

There is a post that has an extensive list of items that disappeared from Stan's Lure, when Tacitus was reworking the lure, maybe those items found their way elsewhere?

Edit to add: I have fished up several of the items on that list of missing items, just no white common things.
    Some items found there way to other places, like directly on the store or from minions, but mostly there was a lot of reclassification of rarity for things from Stan's table. In some cases, rarity has real in-game effects. For dimension items, rarity is arbitrary and exists, in theory, only to indicate... how rare something might be. Which is a function of how we distribute it, not the color on the item. :P

For things on Stan's table, I assigned them to new sub loot tables based on intended rarity, and then retagged all the items that didn't match the table they were now on to reflect that.

Further, since The whole method of fishing with these lures is kind of a premium activity in terms of cooldowns or resources invested, I set "uncommon" as the floor. So anything that was previously white is green, because doing so is more reflective of the real rarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Thank you. I now have fixes in for these (or in the case of the bad center point, a task now assigned to art to fix) ready to go.

Some items found there way to other places, like directly on the store or from minions, but mostly there was a lot of reclassification of rarity for things from Stan's table. In some cases, rarity has real in-game effects. For dimension items, rarity is arbitrary and exists, in theory, only to indicate... how rare something might be. Which is a function of how we distribute it, not the color on the item. :P

For things on Stan's table, I assigned them to new sub loot tables based on intended rarity, and then retagged all the items that didn't match the table they were now on to reflect that.

Further, since The whole method of fishing with these lures is kind of a premium activity in terms of cooldowns or resources invested, I set "uncommon" as the floor. So anything that was previously white is green, because doing so is more reflective of the real rarity.
    Thank you, this will make many Dimensioneers happy.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    So anything that was previously white is green, because doing so is more reflective of the real rarity.
    Sweet, I will keep mass spam fishing in hopes of seeing a death's door show up ^^

Shield of Telara

This morning I fished up a blue something or another. I tried to view it but when I did it caused my game to crash. When I loaded back in, the item that made me crash was no longer in my inventory.

I know early on with dim test items back in the day, not all made it into live. The items that did not make it, were still in your dim on the PTS. But if you tried to picked the item up to look at it it would crash your game. The character that fished up the item today was metai, in case this could be a possible issue.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Manasha View Post
    This morning I fished up a blue something or another. I tried to view it but when I did it caused my game to crash. When I loaded back in, the item that made me crash was no longer in my inventory.
    There's a general issue with previewing items in SFP that cause crashes. I just don't do it for now Wish I could remember exactly which ones did it.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Sigh, now if I could only get Stan's lure recipe to fish up for me. I did manage to get the pole but no luck fishing up that darn lure.

+ Reply to Thread