+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RIFT PTS isn't working?

Exclamation RIFT PTS isn't working?

Hello all! I was just wondering, I did an update yesterday on RIFT PTS, and for some reason, the file riftx64.exe is missing from the folder after the update. Because of that, the game wont let me in now. I figured that it was just a mishap with the update, like a corruption or something, so I decided to try to uninstall and re-install it again to see if it will place the file back, it didn't, nor did it install the game. (which upsets me q.q) It told me after failing to install that: "There was an error downloading update information. Please try again in a few minutes (error #1011).

So, I know that my characters are still there on PTS, but I cannot get into it all together since the errors, and that 1 missing file... So am stuck right now and don't know what to do.Now on Live however, it is not affected what so ever, the riftx64.exe is there in the live folder but not the PTS one.

Anyone else had that issue?

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

You need to simply change Glyph settings to 32-bit for the time being, they disabled 64-bit so swap back to 32-bit and you can log back in, all explained here.

http://forums.riftgame.com/starfall-...ml#post5254603

Rift Disciple

I did have the PTS launcher fault to "Data files corrupted... Use the Rift launcher repair..." or some such the most recent update, after having successfully run 32bit PTS the first day. Eventually, I reinstalled the PTS and it worked, no loss of any progress on PTS, just download time.

Also note that if you leave Glyph in 32-bit mode then your "real"/non-PTS game will run 32-bit, and you may get an update for that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    You need to simply change Glyph settings to 32-bit for the time being, they disabled 64-bit so swap back to 32-bit and you can log back in, all explained here.

http://forums.riftgame.com/starfall-...ml#post5254603
    Ohhhhh....that makes sense now, thank you so much Slipmat, I really wasn't sure what to do since nothing I tired wasn't working. Thank you so much again, its very much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by catonmylap View Post
    I did have the PTS launcher fault to "Data files corrupted... Use the Rift launcher repair..." or some such the most recent update, after having successfully run 32bit PTS the first day. Eventually, I reinstalled the PTS and it worked, no loss of any progress on PTS, just download time.

Also note that if you leave Glyph in 32-bit mode then your "real"/non-PTS game will run 32-bit, and you may get an update for that as well.

Ah thank you as well Catonmylap, at least I know it wasn't just me that had this issue. I will run it at 32bit and try that, again thank ye both

+ Reply to Thread