+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Is Hit A Stat Anymore?

  1. #1
    Telaran Vishimtar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    88

    Question Is Hit A Stat Anymore?

    no gear I have encountered thus far has any hit on it and I am hesitant to replace my 1600 hit on PTS because I dont know why there is no hit

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,466

    Default

    Am assuming it isn't... But wouldn't mind an official reply.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vishimtar View Post
    no gear I have encountered thus far has any hit on it and I am hesitant to replace my 1600 hit on PTS because I dont know why there is no hit
    I think all armor has generic stats and you add hit etc... with the planar fragments . Just another way for Trion to bleed you of all your Plat ! As far as I know Hit is still a required stat .....but I could be wrong . Go to your character menu and you will see your fragments and how to upgrade them . I haven't tried it yet because I didn't want to waste them on level 67 gear , not sure if you can remove them or not . Sure they have a "credit" item for it !

  4. #4
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambraele View Post
    I think all armor has generic stats and you add hit etc... with the planar fragments . Just another way for Trion to bleed you of all your Plat ! As far as I know Hit is still a required stat .....but I could be wrong . Go to your character menu and you will see your fragments and how to upgrade them . I haven't tried it yet because I didn't want to waste them on level 67 gear , not sure if you can remove them or not . Sure they have a "credit" item for it !
    You can't add hit using planar fragments. And you don't need to worry about wasting them on level 67 gear, as you keep the frags and frag set for life, regardless of what the underlying gear is you're carrying.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

  5. #5
    Ascendant Aranka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,458

    Default

    haven't tried it yet, but you can't overwrite or remove a fragmant in any set?

  6. #6
    Telaran Brotherswing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    92

    Default

    I'd wondered about this myself. It would be nice if "hit" was removed altogether.

  7. #7
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    haven't tried it yet, but you can't overwrite or remove a fragmant in any set?
    You can overwite a frag with another.
    You can't remove them once slotted, however you can Recycle them
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

  8. #8
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brotherswing View Post
    I'd wondered about this myself. It would be nice if "hit" was removed altogether.
    Hit was a convenient screening criteria for whether toons were ready for different content (e.g. Experts). And in saying that, I don't mean the folks who abused it by wanting 1500 hit for NTEs.

    So, if you eliminate hit as a stat, you have to come up with some other way to do that. An overall gear score aggregating weighted stat scores is one way.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Solaxys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noseeum View Post
    Hit was a convenient gating system
    Fixed that for you.
    Last edited by Solaxys; 10-27-2016 at 05:58 PM.

  10. #10
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    508

    Default

    Hit didn't really even matter anyway. You could have a 1575 hit player easily get out-dpsed by a 1300 hit player, if the 1300 hit player has IGP relics and BiS runes/orbs/essences and the 1575 is just in store gear with a crafted cape because they don't raid / didn't do the carnival event.

    Also, there's the classic player who ONLY has good hit gear, and the rest of their equipment is green and everything is un-runed/orbed. Sweet, that 1450 hit (spec) is doing 50k dps guys!

    As the post above said, hit was just an arbitrary gating system. Every piece of gear having a smaller amount of hit would have been a far more effective system, but getting rid of it entirely and just relying on people to understand their limits tier-wise works too.

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,466

    Default

    From today's livestream:
    Will hit still be relevant?

    Vladd: " Yes, it will. Hit will be the same as it is on live now in terms of a system. I was debating on changing it but I think we are somewhat stuck with it."
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

  12. #12
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    241

    Default

    HIT will never stop bads being bads. But it does provide an easy way for new players to understand what content they should or shouldn't be able to do.

    Maybe increase the number of Hit carrying items by a couple - basically allow you to overcap if you get everything from a tier - wont give any benefit BUT will mean you lose the bottleneck of - eg I need x neck to drop to get hit for next tier. Would require careful work to keep balance as you go up to make sure that the overcap gives no real advantage to hitting the next cap compared to current meta.
    You are entitled to a vomit bag, if you do not have one, one will be provided for you. We're strapped for cash so it may be used, barf carefully!

    Councillor Thunrar@Zaviel Keeper of the Dead <Servants of None>
    Guild Motto: Why did that happen? Because **** you that's why!

  13. #13
    Champion of Telara Challengere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,337

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunrar View Post
    HIT will never stop bads being bads. But it does provide an easy way for new players to understand what content they should or shouldn't be able to do.

    Maybe increase the number of Hit carrying items by a couple - basically allow you to overcap if you get everything from a tier - wont give any benefit BUT will mean you lose the bottleneck of - eg I need x neck to drop to get hit for next tier. Would require careful work to keep balance as you go up to make sure that the overcap gives no real advantage to hitting the next cap compared to current meta.
    I say we start at the T1 NMT hit of 150 and then go 150 greens > 175 Blues > 200 Dungeon > 250 T1 > 300 T2 > 400 T3 and all tiers in this model should gain 25hit ffor the relic upgrade

    giving it a bell curve, but with that we need hit on everything because the easiest Derp in NMT has been a player rocking 1600 hit on 8 pieces of gear with nothing slotted in the rest of their gear just to prove that 8 pieces of T3 gear could make it into an NTE

    hit only works as a standard if it is a total standard

    Hoping Tacitus Vladd or Brasse sees this for at least the consideration of the fact that hit needs to effect everything

  14. #14
    Ascendant Holyroller12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,280

    Default

    It's definitely still a thing, but it doesn't look like it's implemented yet. I put on all of the test gear yesterday and went to the 67 boss dummy in my dimension and couldn't hit it... so it's still a requirement, but I don't know on what pieces.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 10-29-2016 at 03:02 PM.

  15. #15
    Champion of Telara Challengere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    It's definitely still a think, but it doesn't look like it's implemented yet. I put on all of the test gear yesterday and went to the 67 boss dummy in my dimension and couldn't hit it... so it's still a requirement, but I don't know on what pieces.
    I am glad someone tested it I had a feeling iff we were testing old content we would still need it, I wonder what would happen in open world if we put on the full expert 70 gear pack in the new content

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts