+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Infusing level 1 fragments: costs tons of plat and the RNG is ridiculous

Plane Touched

Default Infusing level 1 fragments: costs tons of plat and the RNG is ridiculous

I got some fragments from IAs. It costs around 7000 plat to infuse from level 1 all the way to level 15. Multiply times 11 fragments per set. Multiply by 3 sets per toon.

With so many attributes possible and no sign of forbidden combinations, it is likely that most fragments will be ditched after a few thousand plat have been spent.

Presumably, we are meant to start with higher level fragments obtainable outside of IAs. But I don't see how to obtain them for testing without a huge time investment.

Finally, the cost of leveling seems to grow quadratically (more infusions and a higher price per infusion as the level increases). So even if relic fragments were readily available, leveling them to 15 would still cost thousands. Don't forget to multiply by 11 fragments per set and 3 sets per toon.

In contrast, unlocking sets 2-5 cost only 1500 plat, which is negligeable compared with infusions. Why are they locked? It just gives players something to complain about, and won't affect the economy.
    Last edited by Bigguss; 10-21-2016 at 01:41 PM.

as for the planar fragments inventory...

it would be nice if we could search on attributes, be able to break/salvage/sell those we do not want...

I am very not interested in a combination of strength with spellpower.... or there should be an option to alter one of the stats...

Just a little list on searching in your inventory for planar fragments..

Based on the highlighted stat of your fragment

Block unassailable.. seems to be higher on earth fragments
    Health vital seems to be higher on life fragments
    Strength mighty
    dex nimble
    intel enlightened
    wisdom sagacious
    CP punishing
    SP calculating
    dodge elusive
    Scrit precise
    AP aggressive
    Endurance stalwart

Based on a number of blue fragments I've seen, I reckon main stats are more or less favored based on the planar attunement system

I managed to get an enlightened fire planar fragment ( INTEL the highlighted stat) to lvl 15

370 intel
    316 block
    158 dodge
    376 Scrit
    278 CP

I created a punishing fire planar fragment upto level 12

382 CP (highlighted stat)
    57 AP
    128 block
    84 SP
    188 Scrit..

They are both level 65.

When infusing the fragments, keep in mind, that you will have a hard time finding a 5 stats dps or 5 stats tank fragment..

Level your fragment up to some level 9 to see what it will be at 4 stats, to level 12-ish for the 5th stat.
    You seem to get a good boost with the last infusion, but I spent some 7 or 8k on upgrading that level 15 fragment.. and that started a blue one.
    The first steps are 10, 15, 20 and 30 plat.. the final steps to level 15 are 100plat per attempt.

The first levels you get fast, for the last steps you may need to infuse some 10 or 15 times..
    With luck, but this happens at lower level more often than at higher level of the fragment, you get the critical infusion... which gives a good bump in the infusion process

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguss View Post
    I got some fragments from IAs. It costs around 7000 plat to infuse from level 1 all the way to level 15. Multiply times 11 fragments per set. Multiply by 3 sets per toon.

With so many attributes possible and no sign of forbidden combinations, it is likely that most fragments will be ditched after a few thousand plat have been spent.

Presumably, we are meant to start with higher level fragments obtainable outside of IAs. But I don't see how to obtain them for testing without a huge time investment.

Finally, the cost of leveling seems to grow quadratically (more infusions and a higher price per infusion as the level increases). So even if relic fragments were readily available, leveling them to 15 would still cost thousands. Don't forget to multiply by 11 fragments per set and 3 sets per toon.

In contrast, unlocking sets 2-5 cost only 1500 plat, which is negligeable compared with infusions. Why are they locked? It just gives players something to complain about, and won't affect the economy.
    First Trion loves RnG. Why who knows.

Second RnG fails most of the time means you have to grind. Playing more:P

Third costing tons of plat take it out of the economy. This of course kills anyone who doesn't have 10s of thousands in plat. It kills new players instantly. Not a good thing.

Not sure why if I spend 1000s of plat on something why it can come you totally useless is a good thing you'll have a Dev. But sad to say they must be drunk thinking something like this up so that can't answer

Telaran

I infused an AP level 0 to level 15.

Incredibly slow process - recommend adding a way to pay for multiple infusions at once, depending on how much plat you've got in your pocket and want to invest. Nice animation for the infusion process, but speed that up too.

Incredibly expensive.

After leveling an AP for my DPS Rogue spec, I got four out of five completely useless stats:

AP 80
    Intel 181
    SP 141
    Spell Crit 316
    Guard 158

Fix this. RNG is one thing, but spending huge amounts of plat only to find out at level 9 or 15 that you're wasting it on useless stats is another.

Also - increase the probability of a critical infusion - perhaps tie the probability of a crit to the points spent in the PA trees that correspond to the fragment type (earth points +1% crit, on earth infusion etc).
    Last edited by Noseeum; 10-23-2016 at 10:28 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    as for the planar fragments inventory...

it would be nice if we could search on attributes, be able to break/salvage/sell those we do not want...

I am very not interested in a combination of strength with spellpower.... or there should be an option to alter one of the stats...
    You can. Just type the attribute in the search box (e.g. Dexterity).

Still, having search attributes in a drop-down would be nice, too.

Soulwalker

Default Stats on fragments

These need to be more focused on main/off stats. Having a fragment that has X Str and X Int does nothing for the player except waste time, and fill up their fragment inv

You can buy boxes of fragments from the npcs in that first town.
    *Fancy signature graphics followed by fancy looking Fonts with all the colors*
    BISCULTS@WOLFSBANE, GRAYSKULL Warrior lead and life coach

"I'll give YOU a punishing blow" - DarkDaemon 2016
    "If you're close to a guy, its a ok to do a little touching" - DarkDaemon 2017

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuitsyum View Post
    You can buy boxes of fragments from the npcs in that first town.
    This was patched out 2 patches ago
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

how about they stick to what they essentially "sold" the community

a bunch of sockets with secondary stats ONLY?
    so that you can collect one set of gear and mix/match with the different sets of fragments?

Also, this RNG junk must just go. The whole system feels like a cash grab, frustrating grind and perceived laziness.

Make worthwhile fragments with appropriate, useful stats drop off end-bosses - make greens off elites, white off normal mobs, rares off "mini bosses" and epics off end-dungeon bosses. Epics /or Relics off raid bosses.

Secondary stats only for the FOUR different roles.
    eg: Endurance, Guard, Block, Dodge for tanks

Let the rarity determine the strength of those stats.
    ALL stats are displayed on pickup - regardless of quality.

Current system is just plain bad design and not what people were expecting.

If you want to have a system of "upgrading" strength of stats, remove the RNG and add a token item that drops off the end-game boss and/or raid bosses that boosts the strength of stats on a fragment. Remove the plat, credit option. This way, people need to play together to advance their fragments - ie, doing dungeons, raids, warfronts.
    for goodness sake, don't stick to your usual grindy obscene quantities of tokens required for upgrading. be reasonable.
    Last edited by WockyCC; 10-26-2016 at 05:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noseeum View Post
    You can. Just type the attribute in the search box (e.g. Dexterity).

Still, having search attributes in a drop-down would be nice, too.

I tried that... doesn't work.. or at least did not when I tried.

I could only search on type/name of fragment.. i.e. unassailable, punishing, enlightened...

I could not search on specific stats of the fragments.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    I tried that... doesn't work.. or at least did not when I tried.

I could only search on type/name of fragment.. i.e. unassailable, punishing, enlightened...

I could not search on specific stats of the fragments.
    If it didn't work before, then it should work now. It's quite a useful feature
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

I really wish people would grasp a couple of concepts here..
    • The plat costs ARE NOT final
    • Why would you expect the white planar fragments to end up being the best?
    Mortelugo - Mortified - Mortification - Morteria - Morterion | Immortal Tyrants @ Gelidra EU

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by JVassie View Post
    I really wish people would grasp a couple of concepts here..
    • The plat costs ARE NOT final
    • Why would you expect the white planar fragments to end up being the best?
    We're not stupid - we're providing the feedback Trion asked for when they encouraged us to get on PTS.

Soulwalker

Question Fragment Stats?

I don't know if this is just the fragments that are most common, but I've noticed the stats each fragment starts at level 1 with don't really tie to the element. I mean, Guard as a primary on a Fire fragment? Fire has no material substance. It's energy, so how can it "guard" anything? and Spellpower for Earth? Admittedly there may be a minor tie-in there, but it seems it'd be more suited to either Water or Life. Strength for Wind element? Dexterity for Life element? Dex would better suit wind, and Strength would better suit Earth. It just seems a little odd that the stats don't tie in to the elements that would most suit them. For example: Death would, I imagine anyway, be more suited to criticals, both physical, spell, and crit power, while Water would suit Wisdom, Spell power, and Mana. I do like the system though.
    And just to balance it out, it'd probably be best for each stat to have a major and minor for the elements that would suit it best. Otherwise Earth may end up with 5 different stats (health/endurance/strength/block/guard) on it compared to say, 3 for death or 2 for air (crit/crit power/spell crit or dex/dodge, respectively)

I'm not saying a total revamp would be necessary, to make sure that some stats NEVER show up on a fragment of a specific element, but they should at least START with an element that best represents them, right?

Anyway, you all are doing a great job with the game, and I really enjoy playing. Keep up the good work!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast