+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By DmgIncGM
  • 2 Post By Khelendross

Thread: This is not gripping at all.... In fact, it's borning as heck...

Default This is not gripping at all.... In fact, it's borning as heck...

We are supposed to be getting on board a comet heading for telara to save it... and this storyline is pretty, well, boring. No excitement, now suspense... nothing. What were you thinking... a BORING ember isle style, sloooowwwwwww quest first, are you trying to put people off, please, sort this out, we are just over a month, supposedly, out from release, and the beginning is worse than grey boring....

Default Really?

No offense.... but this coming from a guy not patient enough to work out the Karmic Capture quest?

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post5251505

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvenaru View Post
    We are supposed to be getting on board a comet heading for telara to save it... and this storyline is pretty, well, boring. No excitement, now suspense... nothing. What were you thinking... a BORING ember isle style, sloooowwwwwww quest first, are you trying to put people off, please, sort this out, we are just over a month, supposedly, out from release, and the beginning is worse than grey boring....
    Well Ember Isle was the best zone in the game so you are batting 0 for 2 there....
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Telaran

id have to agree with op, from the short time i spent on pts (couldnt play much due to bugs) the quests were pretty boring and slow, nothing exciting. i didnt really see anything else to do. i wish i hadnt of bought the xpac.

To be fair, RIFT is quite weak on the lore side.
    It only starts showing on Nightmare Tide though, Vanilla and Storm Legion were pretty great

Turning raids into chronicles should help explain the lore more (What happened to Alsbeth,The Architech,The Dragons,ect)

The lore itself is not bad, but it could use more refining and explanation.

Just my opinion, of course :P
    Last edited by Vairoth; 10-22-2016 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DmgIncGM View Post
    No offense.... but this coming from a guy not patient enough to work out the Karmic Capture quest?

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post5251505
    Ah... so me asking about one quest makes me impatient, nothing to do with the overall feel of people standing about chatting waiting for something to happen right at the beginning... right ho... I mean, playing this game since the beginning, having 5 at 65, 4 of them before IA's became "the way" to do it and many many other alts really makes me impatient... generalise much?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Vairoth View Post
    To be fair, RIFT is quite weak on the lore side.
    It only starts showing on Nightmare Tide though, Vanilla and Storm Legion were pretty great

Turning raids into chronicles should help explain the lore more (What happened to Alsbeth,The Architech,The Dragons,ect)

The lore itself is not bad, but it could use more refining and explanation.

Just my opinion, of course :P
    Vanilla may have been great but the questing was terrible. I mean for good reason. It was straight forward early WoW style questing. From Storm Legion on, especially in Nightmare Tide, the questing became more dynamic and compelling. Nightmare Tide had a great story. I mean Finric people. Finric!
    Last edited by Khelendross; 10-22-2016 at 12:17 PM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

I wouldn't call it "boring." More...um....old style storytelling. Like WoW Circa 2008.

My biggest annoyance so far is the "have this derp dragon follow you around for your first bunch of quests." It keeps getting in the way as it's a stupid big dragon. The lore that I've seen is a little.... um.... derpy. But it's Trion-derpy (a fairy turns a dragon into a Corgi because the dragon is too pretty? lol), so it's expected. Heck, if there weren't Corgis or Squirrels or Unicorns in this expansion it'd be actually a sad thing.

I am not really much of a lore person so I am not going to nitpick on specifics. However, in general, the new expansion (at least the first 2 zones of it that I have seen) is a little lost.

I loved Pelldane, Goboro Reef, and Drauheim. Even for a non lore person like me, you had a feel for what was going on even if you didn't pay attention to the specifics. This new expansion (so far) feels more like PTW. I couldn't tell you what the theme of PTW was other than grinding PA points, jumping high and some high paying weeklies.

I am hoping that the changes to PvP and raiding catch my interest as I have already paid for the expansion.
    Last edited by Orland Fank; 10-24-2016 at 08:03 AM.
    IlianofGarathorm - 70 Warrior (Haliol)
    Hydrangia - 70 Rogue (Haliol)
    Guoyin - 70 Mage (Haliol)
    Qubit - 70 Cleric (Haliol)

+ Reply to Thread