+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: UNable to test

Default UNable to test

My launcher has an error when it's about 100 megs away from finishing. If I click play before it gets to the error, I can make a character but the game crashes with an unknown bug before it loads. I am unable to copy an existing character to the PTS, it sits and waits after I type the word copy and then nothing happens.

I update the PTS to try the 64bit version. After it Igot a message "There was an error downloading streaming updates(Error#3142)". I try to enter Rift, at first I got a black screen, and a few minutes later I can create a new Character. So I entered to to game and the new character is start falling under the texture. I cannot move, cannot suck, cannot logout and cannot exit game in a normal way, because all function is interrupted. At last I can exit with a very fast click on the second appearing button. After it try to repair the update but the same error code appears and nothing happens. May this can be helps the DEV team to seek the error and find a solution.

Well, I test it again, the error message is remains, but I can log in normally now.

Plane Touched

Unfortunately, I seem to be stuck. I set Glyph to download PTS and when I came back later, there was what I guess was a Glyph error message saying something about a problem streaming downloads. I'd say it was the same as what LostBoy mentions. It looked as if the progress meter only had a tiny sliver left to go so maybe 99% + complete. I then copied the \Rift\Live and \Rift\Live \Assets directories into \Rift\PTS.

This seemed to make the downloading problem go away and when I tried starting PTS, I saw a message at the bottom of the Glyph window about "extracting Rift". All seemed good. However, every attempt to start shows the error message at the bottom of this message,

I tried changing compatibility to Win7 - no difference.

Live still works OK so I don't know what file(s) could be the problem.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails UNable to test-captureri.jpg  

I get Error #3142 when trying to finish downloading the PTS client.

I get to character select, click play, and then the windows rift has stopped working error.

Plane Touched

I also notice that my Rifrt\Live directory does not have the rift64.exe file and PTS does.

So, if that is the problem, I'll wait and see if something is reported in one of the relevant threads. I have other 64 bit programs that seem perfectly happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwateguy View Post
    I also notice that my Rifrt\Live directory does not have the rift64.exe file and PTS does.
    That is correct. The 64 bit client is being tested on the PTS only.

A Rift screenshot collection.

Watch me on Twitch

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by MisterWibble View Post
    That is correct. The 64 bit client is being tested on the PTS only.
    For me that may have been the problem. In the thread on Win 64 for Win 10 users, there's a post on the second page about switching Glyph over to 32-bit. I did that and now I can get into PTS.

I wonder if it'll still work if I now switch back to 64-bit. I'll have to give it a try later.
    Last edited by Iwateguy; 10-11-2016 at 11:52 AM.

Soulwalker

Ok, i`ve preodered "Starfall Prophecy" for RIFT, installing PTS client, trying to enter the game, while installing it, and suddenly recieving a "You are not authorised to play the game" message, during the loading screen. WTH?
    Last edited by Veteran Kamikaze; 10-17-2016 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veteran Kamikaze View Post
    Ok, i`ve preodered "Starfall Prophecy" for RIFT, installing PTS client, trying to enter the game, while installing it, and suddenly recieving a "You are not authorised to play the game" message, during the loading screen. WTH?
    The message is correct: Starfall Prophecy public testing has not yet started on the PTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    In order to ensure the best RIFT expansion testing experience, we have decided to delay the start of Starfall Prophacy Beta until the week of October 17th. We will keep you posted, and in the meantime, we are closing access to the PTS shard to allow us to update and polish the Beta build for you!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5249687

Watch me on Twitch

Soulwalker

Uh, ok, got it. Can you give more percise informatoin then "week of October 17-th", a day, maybe (+- a day)?

Quote Originally Posted by Veteran Kamikaze View Post
    Uh, ok, got it. Can you give more percise informatoin then "week of October 17-th", a day, maybe (+- a day)?
    I wish - we didn't get more information than that. It depends on when Trion feels comfortable with the bits available on PTS.

Watch me on Twitch

We can't.. only Trion can.

And if they were to set a date, they would probably have to set the exact time with it...

For me, while writing this, october 17th started 14 hours ago... but NA game server time still says 5am...

Can't expect somebody to rush to work to press the button in the weekend to ensure my PTS experience starts on october 17th...
    I can only make an assumption, but since they gave away preview testing during the Twitch broadcast past friday, the 'official' PTS start may be wednesday or thursday..
    Last edited by Aranka; 10-17-2016 at 04:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    I can only make an assumption, but since they gave away preview testing during the Twitch broadcast past friday, the 'official' PTS start may be wednesday or thursday..
    I don't think starting a beta at the end of the working week is a smart idea, it's quite possible that's why they pushed it back to the "17th" so that more people will be in office in case of any game breaking bugs that could arise and interfere with the testing.
    Harrisonford

The original day for Starfall to go live on PTS was 13th.... that was last thursday..... You can't run around the first day after testing to try and fix things... Testing is also about seeing patterns in things going wrong. And those patterns may take a few days to emerge.

Not everybody will be able or wants to log in on the first or 2nd day after Starfall going live on PTS.. or can do so on monday... Some will want a few days to try... playing in the weekend.

And on monday, Trion will have the longer list of things going wrong on PTS.. They can then sort out what was a one time occurence and what may actually be an issue for more players and needs fixing to ensure gameplay.

As for the pushback to the 17th.. that was because things went wrong on the 13th.. people were not able to fully download or get into the game.. only on specific moments could they get through to the character login/create screen.... The problem emerged, many posted on the situations they encountered with their download/login.. and Trion had information to read through to figure out the problem...
    Last edited by Aranka; 10-17-2016 at 01:43 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast