+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14
Like Tree58Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Defiler DPS rework on PTS

Soulwalker

finally got to have a go, and.... I like it, ish, and its certainly better than I'd feared

the bad:
    • Very much agree that it is awful to manage all the dots, as in 'not fun' rather than challenging.
    • the sub 60% damage boost is nonsensical, poor rather than clever design
    • somatic desecration has no use, and bond of torment easily forgotten
    • 1 min Bond of pain is miserly. pun jolly well intended.

the good:
    • Husk of Indifference can actually keep you alive in a pinch. I can think of several situations where spaming husk is more useful than doing damage to take the pressure off healers
    • the 'feel' of the soul is good. This matters quite a bit
    • its a strong second soul for the many occasions where its wise to trade a little damage for self sufficiency.
    perhaps the best solution would be something that ditches the pointless sub 60% puff and addresses the QOL issues : e.g.a 5 pt block that gives 20/40/60/80/100 % chance for Siphon vitality to also cast bond of torment & somatic desecration to refresh 2+ of your rage dots.
    Last edited by GreatOldOne; 09-15-2016 at 06:21 AM.

Soulwalker

Can you TRINО guys FIX Greed's Call ability HP consuming?
    I killed myself at Lord Fionn while "The Power of a God" was active because got Greed's Call hit on 140k HP (seems it's not a 15% of my HP)

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by whatchout View Post
    Can you TRINО guys FIX Greed's Call ability HP consuming?
    I killed myself at Lord Fionn while "The Power of a God" was active because got Greed's Call hit on 140k HP (seems it's not a 15% of my HP)
    It's susceptible to damage multipliers. Just be glad you didn't proc your trinket on yourself

Soulwalker

The only one who works in this company - it moderators
    pls restore my message and fix bugs before release souls
    Last edited by whatchout; 09-16-2016 at 07:55 AM.

General of Telara

I've been pretty busy in rl and also been farming gloamwood/stonefield artifacts lately so just now got around to looking into defiler.

I'm doing 130k+ self buffed (170k+ pts dummy) using a druid/defiler hybrid. Its at least 10k above my shaman. Seems to me defiler is way too powerful. I was doing MoM last night and others using the inq/defiler hybrid were beating my shaman and I am normally ahead of them.

I'm sure I can get more than 130k from the druid/defiler spec since I am mostly just mashing buttons atm but I feel like it would be a waste of time because it should be nerfed.

EDIT: My stats are very crit heavy from when I was stacking it for shaman still and I haven't looked into my lvl 64 mastery yet so I know that could be wrong.

http://imgur.com/iYFVp7r
    Last edited by Accol; 09-18-2016 at 09:55 PM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Accol View Post
    I've been pretty busy in rl and also been farming gloamwood/stonefield artifacts lately so just now got around to looking into defiler.

I'm doing 130k+ self buffed (170k+ pts dummy) using a druid/defiler hybrid. Its at least 10k above my shaman. Seems to me defiler is way too powerful. I was doing MoM last night and others using the inq/defiler hybrid were beating my shaman and I am normally ahead of them.

I'm sure I can get more than 130k from the druid/defiler spec since I am mostly just mashing buttons atm but I feel like it would be a waste of time because it should be nerfed.
    Can you give a screenshot of your soul tree build?

Quote Originally Posted by Accol View Post

EDIT: My stats are very crit heavy from when I was stacking it for shaman still and I haven't looked into my lvl 64 mastery yet so I know that could be wrong.

http://imgur.com/iYFVp7r
    Defiler hybrids aren't nearly as practical as shaman is. Target swapping, consistency, cleave etc etc, all things that defiler hybrids lack in. But yeah other wise, they do good dps.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Not sure if this thread is still monitored for feedback, but I have a suggestion.

Can Greed and Rage be made into a tracked resource under the portrait frame instead of a buff? Kind of a hassle to find how many stacks of each I have amid the swarm of buffs and hots from other people, leading me to either use the abilities that consume them without knowing or caring how many stacks I have or taking two or three seconds to find out for sure and in the process losing track of whatever dangers are going on around me.
    If you're too old to play with Legos, you still have some growing up to do.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Gehrgontra View Post
    Not sure if this thread is still monitored for feedback, but I have a suggestion.

Can Greed and Rage be made into a tracked resource under the portrait frame instead of a buff? Kind of a hassle to find how many stacks of each I have amid the swarm of buffs and hots from other people, leading me to either use the abilities that consume them without knowing or caring how many stacks I have or taking two or three seconds to find out for sure and in the process losing track of whatever dangers are going on around me.
    Until that is implemented I would suggest using Karuulalerts.

You kind of need that anyway to track all the other things for Defiler. That is, if you are at all concerned about doing it correctly. If you're not, I wouldn't worry about Greed/Rage stacks.

I would even go so far as to say that the existence of kalerts has greatly influenced the design of Defiler (and other ongoing or soon-to-be reworks).

DEFILER DOTS STILL CRIT THE CLERIC PLEASE FIX LOL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14