+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Join the Devs Testing the New Minds of Madness IA! Thursday, April 28 at 2pm Pacific

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Join the Devs Testing the New Minds of Madness IA! Thursday, April 28 at 2pm Pacific

Come join us on the PTS testing the newest Intrepid Adventure, the Mind of Madness!

Starting at 2pm Pacific, members of the Dev team will be queuing for Mind of Madness. Join us there and help us test out this exciting new content! Simply log on to the PTS, and join the queue. Minimum level for participation is 10, and we hope to see a wide variety of levels in this test.

Thanks, and we look forward to seeing you there!

Default See you there!

I'll definitely be there! I can't wait to see what the devs have done with it. It sounds like it's going to be an awesome experience.
    Check out my website right here (Rift Raids)

Pagura: Center floor that falls to go to Lord Arak wasn't there during Pagura fight though it was visible. Caused an endless falling loop and couldn't respawn.

Lord Arak: the giant purple lockout walls in P2 (both in IA and Normal encounter) is super annoying and might make walls hard to see.

Trash event: Everything could pretty much be ignored.

Fauxmire: Going through the portal from Nexus to Fauxmire will have you facing towards the edge of the platform in Fauxmires area causing you to auto run off if you have auto run on (same on live.)

Enigma: Phase 2 if you die you cannot respawn due to persisting beam damage on your corpse and other corpses in the pile.

Envy: Can ignore orbs and everything with 2 aoe healers. Just tank n spank.

Genesis: Didn't even seem like a fight, just 3 individual IAs in one killing random mobs.

Pillars: Encounter ended and went to next IA @ 50% hp on Vis

Lady Justice: Scale phase we had 3 people needing to go up but survived it. Not sure if raid can survive if number is higher and ignore it. We pushed her sub 30% during ring phase so she became active moving around then walked back to center and spawned adds. Caused whole room to be full red (no safe spot) so raid wiped.

Arisen Arak: After Phase 1, when you need to split into the 4 bubbles before Envy comes out, 2 of the people died to one shots. I know its ment to be shared damage in the real fight but it might be tuned too high in the IA. Nothing respawning and zerging won't fix . Killing Terror gives everyone who damages or near it when it dies the dmg buff. Nothing really did more than 10% hp dmg and could be ignored.

I'm sure the casuals will like the nice "Theme Park ride" experience through the instance and see all the cool art and designs people worked hard on.

And everyone else can get the T3 skins they always wanted from the boxes.
    Last edited by Boase; 04-28-2016 at 03:29 PM.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Thanks again for everyone that came out! We had more than 2 full raids running through at least! We got a lot of great feedback, but I would love to hear everyone's thoughts.

I know the glacier floor in the first area is broken. I will have that fixed for an update sometime tomorrow. We will be leaving MoM IA up full time on the PTS now, but it is not tuned for smaller groups - so if you have less than 7 people, expect it to be extra challenging.

Thanks again!
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Soulwalker

Default MoM IAs Feedback (probably putting this in wrong place)

Quick bugs to mention:
    - Pillars encounter completed instantly at around 50% or so? Didn't see other boss's hp but assume they were similar in number
    - Lady justice skipped one of her phases and then had 2 trials of fire running at the same time and basically everyone was dying and etc. etc. etc.
    - Arisen Arak (note that i dont know this encounter well at all in live servers) had a 1hit mechanic that i didnt see red or anything, I saw a reactive about 0.5s before I was instakilled by 100k+ dmg, not sure what it was and forgot to check death log ;-\
    - Pagura floor/frozen floor was not there, ended up falling permanently and couldn't do much
    - Enigma had no "safe zones" during chaos phase, also had a lot of lazers (more than just the two around him) and when people respawned, it made it even worse by creating more lazers and killing people?
    - Could soul walk at anytime during any encounter

My feedback concerning content:
    - First off, had 3 different invasions (defend the wardstone type of thing). Personally I don't like these adventures and it seems overused, but they also take quite a bit of time and I'm not sure if it really fits the theme of MoM? But the invasions themselves seemed to fit well with the content that was there (e.g. the invasions in lady justice room were models of Harb ... vis&mis, etc). Probably just an outlying opinion but I hate invasions. >
    - Most of the encounters captured the bosses on live fairly well. Certain mechanics that were replaced as well seemed to fit what the boss does in the raid, and definitely did a fairly good job previewing the bosses that were there, not to mention trash in the Nexus as well.
    1. Pagura - had minion phase, had curses, interruptable curse fail, taking multiple curses do more damage
    2. Lord Arak - crystals, auto-moving clock, % phase at 40 still switches with the walls. no divide and conquer but did have one slice that the boss turns to and you move out of
    3. Fauxmire - day and night phase, fit fairly well. Not sure if the ranged/melee weapon buffs worked as intended? Didn't see any splash damage going around but maybe just missed
    4. Pillars (Vis & Mis) - auto complete at 50% or so, only saw Mis really and the mechanics are fairly simple. Didn't see any interrupts but we didn't see too much of the fight. Had the red aoes that spawn on everyone, normal.
    5. Lady Envy - Bullet hell was great, large white line. Singularity was cool as well although an ad woulda been nice to see in that fight since you see so many in the raid... still lots of good raid damage, tank damage, etc.
    6. Enigma - we saw quite a buggy fight here since the 60% chaos phase was basically everywhere and a good portion of the raid was dead and such, but it fit fairly well with the boss mechanics on live. I was surprised to see the last phase not have any reactives to place crystals, but not a big deal since you just kill them instead basically
    7. Lady Justice - showed most mechanics off, well done. Lots of red aoes and such, trial of fire was bugged and alot of the mechanics probably did more damage than originally intended since a good portion of the raid was wiping even before we got to the bugged portion of skipping phases
    8. DG - showed a lot of the "checks" persay even though they weren't really checks by any means, but at least showed off that you have to heal crystals, kill ads, etc. Probably could do more with the boss itself when we got to it? but not sure
    9. Arisen arak - don't know enough about this fight but seemed fairly well done in terms of its complexity and such, showed most of the previous encounters off and such... maybe put more subtext in the headlines and such to tell people what to do? my only suggestion here

Overall I think it's a pretty good set of IAs. Shows most of what it needs to about each boss and stuff, previewing mechanics basically and showing off the material to people who aren't 1400+ hit or in a better raiding guild. I enjoyed it besides a few bugs and the multiple invasions, but it seemed well put together and fairly well balanced for the most part. ^_^

Shadowlander

There were a few of the respawn runs for the "Heart of Darkness" that were quite long. They seemed even longer than the underground mine portion of Hammerknell. I'm not sure if there would be a way to add a couple of respawn points spaced out through the area. Also there were a lot of the "Teleport" or "Ignore" windows come up even if you were staying in the same area. If you inadvertently clicked "Teleport" you were back at the respawn point with a long run to get back to the active area.

Also after the fight with Misericordia and Vis I didn't click on the "Teleport" and then got stuck outside during the first two phases of the Lady Justice encounter as there was no obvious way to get inside.

Overall I enjoyed seeing some of MoM for myself and I'm looking forward to going back in when it is live.

Soulwalker

Default MoM IA

Well in the first area the ice floor as everyone had mentioned . Secondly in the same area are a few spots where you got ported back up to the top of the glacier.

Lord Arak was not so bad didn't see any major issues.

However the raid I was in was only like 7 people and it never got past the nexus ravager to even try it always restarted there.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

This may have been said, so if it's a repeat, I apologize.

The ground AoE on the quest to kill the seeds after genesis might be a bit too strong. The ground damage from the bugs you have to fight is too strong unless you're well geared (my scrub warrior I ran through tonight is not, so within 3 ticks, I was dead). I honestly don't believe that, after weeklies are done, there will be a huge amount of well geared people going in to carry all those who are taking their little alts through to level them up, so some of these areas will be very frustrating.

Most of the other bugs I noticed have all been addressed in other comments.

On a side note...

I really, REALLY want the statues in the area with Vis and Mis as dimension items. Please? Pretty please, with cupcakes and sugar and icing on top?

I have to ask, because those statues are gorgeous.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9

Quote Originally Posted by Delaren View Post
    Also there were a lot of the "Teleport" or "Ignore" windows come up even if you were staying in the same area. If you inadvertently clicked "Teleport" you were back at the respawn point with a long run to get back to the active area.
    We have actually completely revamped the IA teleport system, but due to a bug while we were testing it previously, the new version had been disabled at one point on the PTS. I have re-enabled, so we should see the intended improvements going forward.

Also after the fight with Misericordia and Vis I didn't click on the "Teleport" and then got stuck outside during the first two phases of the Lady Justice encounter as there was no obvious way to get inside.
    Normally, if you hit IGNORE on the Teleport prompt, opening the IA window should display a Teleport button as well (in place of Leave). Unfortunately, the aforementioned oversight meant that that was not working earlier either.

That said - knowing to open the IA window to get another chance to click Teleport isn't common knowledge. I am adding a teleport portal to the the front of the doors after the Mis and Vis fight for better visibility.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #10

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    The ground AoE on the quest to kill the seeds after genesis might be a bit too strong.
    WAY too strong, lol!

Oddly enough - these are the same exact poison clouds used in the "smash kegs" HK adventure. The big difference is that the kegs in HK also have a knockback so you get tossed out of the area without taking much damage. A knock back here... would be too cruel for even I to consider. ;)

So I will be creating a unique version of the cloud here that is smaller and with less damage.

I really, REALLY want the statues in the area with Vis and Mis as dimension items. Please? Pretty please, with cupcakes and sugar and icing on top?

I have to ask, because those statues are gorgeous.
    So noted. ;)
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

Rift Disciple

Overall this was a fun time. I have seen most but not all of the bosses, and you seemed to be going for at least the feel of the real raid. This will give "the other 99%" a chance to see the bosses and the artwork.

You might consider repeating it, encouraging people to bring lvl 10-60 alts to test scaling for people with fewer skills available and weaker gear.

I liked the invasions, they are popular because they can generate a ton of XP for mob kills. As you saw some were a bit large, the ones in the HK IAs even can overwhelm some groups. I liked the use of MoM trash as models. You should review what Arak was saying about the mutants before Enigma though. Just WHAT were they doing to my limbs? (It could be interpreted badly, so it needs fixed, if you don't know what I mean shoot me a PM.) I think the initial encounter before Pagura is too many waves.

I think there weren't enough of the non-combat IAs mixed in. And the one I did encounter (before Envy), the area was quite confusing and people got separated and lost.

I like the use of HK-style jump portals.

I thought it was funny that if you failed the Chaos guy he transformed you (instead of killing you).

Pagura: Maybe we pushed phases too fast, but it wasn't clear that we needed to kill the little guys. Some sort of emote/instruction would help. And, yes, the floor ... I think some of our raiders wound up being rescued by devs.

Arak: Fun. I also noticed the cleave instead of divide and conquer, you could make this a double X like we've seen in Empyrean Core. Also at least for us the purple crystals did nothing or was easily healed.

Fauxmire: I think we pushed this one so fast we missed all the mechanics. We barely saw the "pac-man" mobs before he died. This may need to be a % mechanic instead of a timer for IAs so we can see day / night cycle more than once.

Pillars: I think we killed only one side, not sure what you want here. If the whole raid goes one way, what happens on the other side? I was on the Mis side.

Envy: I liked the white safe zone, and there were good emotes to tell you what to do.

Enigma: probably the best of what I saw at caputuring the raid boss IMO. Pandemonium (called out), lots of red circles to avoid (and no purple or safe lanes), one set of lasers, apparently not bugged for us. The purples at the end seemed to either despawn or die and were easily avoided. But all the main stuff was there. This fight needs a closer respawn point, since running back from the current respawn carries a significant risk of death, and if you take too long to get back you trigger the "you are not participating" mechanic and don't get credit. (Akylios has this problem in HK IAs.)

Justice: We saw similar bugs as in the solid red floor, and it was not clear what to do to balance the scales. Yeah raiders know, but you can't assume raiders will be in the IAs. I liked the other adds as a lead-in to the main encounter.

DG: This felt more like a series of normal IA encounters with no actual boss. Maybe the main boss needs a buff? We could also spend more time in this area, it has spectacular artwork for people to see.

Arisen Arak: This was a complex fight and it wasn't clear what to do except "stay out of bad" or what to do with the reactive. This one also bugged for us, we got teleported various places (DG and Pagura) and got the initial adventure again with mobs from the boss encounter still active.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #12

Quote Originally Posted by mashata View Post
    You might consider repeating it, encouraging people to bring lvl 10-60 alts to test scaling for people with fewer skills available and weaker gear.
    For our internal testing, we have been using a much more varied mix of gear and character levels. Some of the bugs we saw during boss fights (like the lack of safe zones during the justice fight) were because the PTS groups today were so well geared that bosses were dropping in half the time - and certain mechanics were stacking on top of each other as a result! The instance guys are reviewing their bosses now. But yes, we can assure you that lesser geared level groups can beat them. Now we just need to make sure that over-geared groups don't make things break. ;)

I think the initial encounter before Pagura is too many waves.
    I'll always be 8 waves. The quantity in each wave is based on the number of people current zoned in. Honestly, the main point of that encounter (or the alternate one with thawing and then killing frozen mobs) is to speed bump a group at the start of the instance. Having Pagura so soon in the instance is a special challenge for IA because the scaling buff gets applied when the adventure starts for bosses. So I had to come up with a couple of adventures that scale creatively and give a chance for a fresh raid to fill up or to replenish after the final boss before moving in to Pagura (otherwise Pagura would be tissue paper).

I think there weren't enough of the non-combat IAs mixed in. And the one I did encounter (before Envy), the area was quite confusing and people got separated and lost.
    It is an interesting thing to balance because some players prefer the kill adventures to nonkills and others prefer the reverse. My own leanings are more in line with yours, but the space of MoM was more conducive to kill adventures over all.

I like the use of HK-style jump portals.
    As soon as I started running around the instance to get an idea of how I wanted to utilize it for IA, I got to that area and just NEEDED to go flying through space there. No choice - a NEEED!

Pillars: I think we killed only one side, not sure what you want here.
    Yeah, not sure what happened there. I was in the other raid, and it worked normally. The boss guys are looking into it.

Enigma: ... This fight needs a closer respawn point
    Boss guys are looking at the rest of this feedback, but I just added a closer respawn for the boss fight (about 50% closer, right where the Wardstone for the onslaught was).

Arisen Arak: This was a complex fight and it wasn't clear what to do except "stay out of bad" or what to do with the reactive. This one also bugged for us, we got teleported various places (DG and Pagura) and got the initial adventure again with mobs from the boss encounter still active.
    Boss guys are already working on making this one clean up more gracefully. Also, I know a few mentioned the length of this fight (or boss HP), and I want to point out that this boss has double the normal boss payout.

Thanks again for all the feedback. Some of the changes should start showing up in tomorrow's PTS update.

And don't miss Krug and myself chatting about it on the Livestream tomorrow!
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post

That said - knowing to open the IA window to get another chance to click Teleport isn't common knowledge. I am adding a teleport portal to the the front of the doors after the Mis and Vis fight for better visibility.
    I have tried to do that in previous IA's but instead of teleporting me to the group it actually booted me out of the IA. The button shows up at "Teleport" but as I click it it becomes "Leave"

14.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #14

I found where I broke the reset scripting in today's update (for those that were playing along with the Livestream). It should be fixed with the next PTS update.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

King of Slackers

Default :D

AFK timer kicked in during MoM IA and some mobs spawned in tempest bay...

and Sanctum

Last edited by keepor; 04-30-2016 at 03:38 PM.
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons - Contend
    Youtube
    Twitch

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast