+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Account Wide Ignore

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Account Wide Ignore

Recently I've implemented the account wide ignore feature that many people have wanted. It would be super awesome if people could hop in and test it and attempt to break it. Please let me know if it breaks in any way :-).

The way it works is this:

All of your characters on your account share the same ignore list.

The first time you log in on a character that has not logged in since the patch, some code runs that merges your old ignore list into a new account wide ignore list. This means that when you log in it should look identical, but any character on that character's account will not be able to message you or do anything that the normal ignore functionality blocks.

When ignoring a player, their name and shard should show up as it always has, but the functionality to ignore their account is added. You will not know their other characters or any of their account information, the only way for them to be able to be unignored is to unignore that character you added as you normally would. You cannot add the same account to your ignore list twice (this case shouldn't really come up since they are already ignored, you won't see them speak again if it's on another character).

Feedback is appreciated, thanks!
    Previously known as SupermanSocks

Can you tell us the max size of the ignore list?

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    I'm honestly not sure of that right now, I'd have to do some digging to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    To build on that question, does each character on the account count towards the max size or does it count as 1?
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #5

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    To build on that question, does each character on the account count towards the max size or does it count as 1?
    I'm not quite sure what you mean. Each character is associated with an account, meaning even though only one character displays per account, the entire account is ignored. You cannot have duplicates. So I guess the answer is one.

Quote Originally Posted by SupermanSocks View Post
    I'm not quite sure what you mean. Each character is associated with an account, meaning even though only one character displays per account, the entire account is ignored. You cannot have duplicates. So I guess the answer is one.
    What I meant is since there is a maximum number of characters that can be ignored, if when you ignored the player's account, if it would count for each character on that account. So if you ignored a player with 5 characters, would it count as 5 ignores towards the maximum, but I think you answered my question.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    What I meant is since there is a maximum number of characters that can be ignored, if when you ignored the player's account, if it would count for each character on that account. So if you ignored a player with 5 characters, would it count as 5 ignores towards the maximum, but I think you answered my question.
    Ah, yeah, it just counts as one.

Recently I've implemented the account wide ignore feature that many people have wanted. It would be super awesome if people could hop in and test it and attempt to break it. Please let me know if it breaks in any way :-).

The way it works is this:

All of your characters on your account share the same ignore list.

The first time you log in on a character that has not logged in since the patch, some code runs that merges your old ignore list into a new account wide ignore list. This means that when you log in it should look identical, but any character on that character's account will not be able to message you or do anything that the normal ignore functionality blocks.

When ignoring a player, their name and shard should show up as it always has, but the functionality to ignore their account is added. You will not know their other characters or any of their account information, the only way for them to be able to be unignored is to unignore that character you added as you normally would. You cannot add the same account to your ignore list twice (this case shouldn't really come up since they are already ignored, you won't see them speak again if it's on another character).

Feedback is appreciated, thanks!
    YOU ARE MY GOD.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9

.This means that when you log in it should look identical
    Correction to this: it should look identical outside of the fact that there should not be multiple characters on the same account displayed in your ignore list, so you might be missing some.

PTS makes it a bit hard to test the ignore merge feature because the characters you have ignored on live don't exist on PTS so your ignore list will probably be empty.

If i delete a ignored person and restore them will it do it across all my characters?

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #11

Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post
    If i delete a ignored person and restore them will it do it across all my characters?
    Yes, the ignore list is persistent across your account.

awesome. cannot wait to test this.. One of the features i will use the most in the entire game lol
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Ascendant

Thank you from many ...

Awesome! You pretty much covered ed verything i was worried about being abused by implementing this. Yay!
    Grl / Grrrl / Grrrrl / Grrrrrl @Deepwood <Hello Kitty> Grrrrl / Grl @Zaviel and probably more...

RETIRED

Xly
    Rift Chaser

Could you maybe also implement an easier way to tidy up the igno (and friends) list? Like marking multiple names via shift- or ctrl-clicking? Or even an "clear all" feature

Also, since I don't generally use PTS ... how does the account wide list handle deleting people from the ignore? Will they be back on the ignore when I switch to an alt that still had the person on igno or is the list more intelligent? ;)

Thx anyways, this is already very useful.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast