+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Daily Rewards Calendar coming soon to PTS

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Daily Rewards Calendar coming soon to PTS

One of the new features we have coming with 3.6 is the addition of a Daily Rewards Calendar, once this is on PTS please test it out and post any feedback or bugs on this thread. Things to test:
    • The window should automatically popup when you log in ONLY if you have something to claim.
    • A shortcut has been added to the Start Menu under the Activities section. If you have a reward to claim, the shortcut and the button should be glowing/pulsing (the glowing/pulsing should go away once the reward is claimed).
    • A notification shortcut has also been added to the Alert Tray.
    • The entire calendar should reset back to day 1 on the 1st of every month.
    • Every day that you log in you should get a reward, up to 21 days. The days do NOT need to be consecutive. For example, I log in on Monday and claim day 1, I log in on Tuesday and claim day 2, I don't log in on Wednesday. I log in on Thursday and claim day 3. You cannot stack up rewards to claim later.
    • When logging out of the game and you see the 30 second countdown, you should also see a reminder of what you'll be getting the next day. (this is still being worked on so you may not see it yet)
    • Claiming the rewards are region specific.
    • Some of the rewards are still being adjusted. Day 14 and day 21 art are incorrect in the image.

Daily Rewards Calendar coming soon to PTS-calendar.jpg
    Last edited by Gingers; 03-17-2016 at 03:57 PM.

Very excited to test this out, looks neat. Couple of questions that may or may not have obvious answers when PTS is updated:

-Is this replacing the current daily/weekly login gift system, or is it in addition to it?
    -Is this system Patron-only?
    Last edited by Serein; 03-15-2016 at 04:22 PM.
    Serein, Gaetinn, Amkhe, Skaidras | Co-Guild Leader of <Nordvegr> of Faeblight | 4/4 iROTP 4/4 TD 3/3 BOS
    New to Rift? Free bag, cape, weapon glow, and title with my Ascend-a-Friend code: EPZHJKQ3DDYHG7GDEDHJ

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

Quote Originally Posted by Serein View Post
    Very excited to test this out, looks neat. Couple of questions that may or may not have obvious answers when PTS is updated:

-Is this replacing the current daily/weekly login gift system, or is it in addition to it?
    -Is this system Patron-only?
    This is in addition to the current login gift system.
    This is not-patron only, it is for everyone.

Nice addition and nice to hear that it is for everyone. Please keep in mind that some people are capped on:
    - Notoriety
    - PA XP

And offer alternative rewards (or vouchers for later factions/PA updates) for those who are.

Also make sure that currency rewards do not count for weekly caps (like the ones from supply crates), so you still get them when you are capped when claiming.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Great to see a similar system to what ArcheAge and Devilian have

Quote Originally Posted by Gingers View Post
    This is in addition to the current login gift system.
    This is not-patron only, it is for everyone.
    Could I suggest that Patrons get a more potent version of this?

I took a 6 month patron mainly for the Affinity points, but they are pretty lacklustre so I'm struggling to find a reason to subscribe. It might be different if the affinity orbs guaranteed BiS stats, but they don't. I've used 3-4 on some items and still not got Int + SP.

Maybe a Patron version of this could give bonus Affinity points, 500+ T3 marks, Opaque / Tormenting level upgrade pieces, transcendent level pots e.t.c.

We are currently actively recruiting, if you are an exceptional player of any class please find an officer in game for a chat - Guild info is Here

CoA 6/6 (World 1st NM, 5th HM) - iROTP 4/4 (EU 1st Non-cheese kill!) - TD Normal 4/4 (World 2nd)

I am a patron.
    And no, keep it the SAME for both free player, and patron. We need a breath from the patron pushing.
    This is free stuff, so I would say, notoriety max? Shame but that the way.
    Only point I do agree is, make the marks no count toward the cap. I barely never reach it myself, but it would be frustrating. The accelerators are a nice touch as they are indeed cap free.
    Shanor@Brisesol
    Maître Mage de l'Ordre Draconique
    L'Ordre Draconique - Guilde PvE/PvP à forte vocation jeux de rôle.
    http://www.lagardedraconique.org/

Plane Touched

Very nice! I have a couple questions though:

- If you don't log in on the 1st of the month, but, say, take a few days off and log in on the 4th, does your Day 1 start there? It seems to be implied, given that days don't have to be consecutive, but I'd like to make sure. I do see that it resets on the 1st regardless.

- What happens if the person doesn't have enough bag space when opening one of the bundle rewards?
    Last edited by Videssian; 03-18-2016 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Added a question

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9

Quote Originally Posted by Videssian View Post
    Very nice! I have a couple questions though:

- If you don't log in on the 1st of the month, but, say, take a few days off and log in on the 4th, does your Day 1 start there? It seems to be implied, given that days don't have to be consecutive, but I'd like to make sure. I do see that it resets on the 1st regardless.

- What happens if the person doesn't have enough bag space when opening one of the bundle rewards?
    Correct, the first day that you log in will be day 1 rewards.

I tested this out with dev commands and it looks like rewards then go into a hidden container so that when you remove an item to free up space it will automatically be filled with an item from that hidden container. However this is with dev commands, so it would be fantastic for a player to test it on PTS as well (thought keeping in mind that some of the calendar rewards are currency and don't go into your bag).

Quote Originally Posted by Videssian View Post
    If you don't log in on the 1st of the month, but, say, take a few days off and log in on the 4th, does your Day 1 start there?
    As it's still on Day One on PTS i'm going to assume it will work similar to what ArcheAge has and you'd be correct, say you start on April the 1st, collect your box 1 but you miss 2 days so next day you log into Rift is April the 4th, you wouldn't be collecting box number 4 but box number 2.

I try to log into AA each day to collect my goodies but missed a few days due to being away on business, as you can see, today is March 18th but i've collected only up to box 15.

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #11
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Shanor View Post
    Only point I do agree is, make the marks no count toward the cap. I barely never reach it myself
    None of the currency given out by the rewards are affected by cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    As it's still on Day One on PTS i'm going to assume it will work similar to what ArcheAge has and you'd be correct, say you start on April the 1st, collect your box 1 but you miss 2 days so next day you log into Rift is April the 4th, you wouldn't be collecting box number 4 but box number 2.
    Correct. The only thing that matters is that you get 21 daily logins during the month in order to claim all of the rewards. Depending upon the month, this gives you 9-10 days flex normally but can be as low as 7 for February.

Rift Chaser

- Don't show it on every login, only once a day at maximum even if you have something to claim. You are already using the icon near the minimap icon to remind players anyway.
    - Option to disable auto open on login
    - Make it smaller. It looks pretty sure, but I assure you, it will get old quick. You will log in, hit claim and forget about it.
    - Ensure there is an addition to the Addon API system so addons can query/claim the rewards and allow addon authors to write alternate implementations.

Soulwalker

Are any currencies obtained from this system going to be affected by bonuses such as guild perks or treasure maps?

I opened the harvesting resource bundle today and got food. Thought I was going to get wood fish plants.

Liking the new logout picture

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast