+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Some Patron UI changes on the way

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Some Patron UI changes on the way

This was intended to go out with 3.6 but it's ready early so we'll be pushing it live early as well, it should be on PTS soon. Overall we're looking to make Patron easier to understand and easier to get for those who want it. I am very interested in feedback but keep it constructive.

1. The top level menu buttons (Home, Credits, Loyalty, Wishlist) have been removed and replaced with larger buttons with text. Since the store's release many people haven't liked the buttons with their unclear icons so going with text makes it clearer and allows for a visual hierarchy. The home button has been moved to the top level category along the left side.

Some Patron UI changes on the way-capture1.jpg

2. New Patron tab in the store will allow you to purchase a Patron subscription in-game directly through the UI and not have to go to the website. You will need to go to the website only if you need to add a new payment method, or to edit your subscription. There is no danger in clicking "buy" you will receive a purchase confirmation before the order is put through but buying it on PTS is the same as buying on Live, it will charge your card and you will get Patron on your account.

Some Patron UI changes on the way-capture2.jpg

3. On this new Patron tab you will also be able to review all of the Patron benefits (everyone can see this overlay).

Some Patron UI changes on the way-capture3.jpg

4. Non-Patrons will see a new button on the HUD. It is a shortcut to the Patron tab in the store. Players that have Patron will not see this button. The button can be moved using the Edit Layout function in settings. (Btw we did look into having this display your "days remaining" of Patron time as players have asked for but that would require extra tech from our Platform team so we had to put that part on hold.)

Some Patron UI changes on the way-capture4.jpg

5. The Patron abilities will be viewable by everyone, also with a link to the new store tab.

Some Patron UI changes on the way-capture5.jpg

6. A new Patron tutorial is being added to teach players about the Patron abilities. This will include in-game notification to let you know when your Patron has expired. The tutorial and notification is still being worked on and is not ready for testing, it will come sometime after 1-5.

7. This is the new symbol to represent Patron. I'll make sure it gets added to the webcdn for the fansites that want access to it. You'll also notice that this icon has replaced the Patron icon in the ability window and the tiny icon in your character sheet (if a Patron).

Some Patron UI changes on the way-patron_large.png

Once these are up on PTS please reply and let me know of any bugs or suggestions for improvement. Thanks!

Ascendant

http://forums.riftgame.com/attachmen...y-capture2.jpg

Well now.. THAT'S an interesting word on the second check mark.

So how long before there's Patron only Dungeons? Raids? Chronicles? Questlines? Warfronts?

Or is the RIFT team still going to try and say there are no plans for that, when it's being added in the ****ing Purchasing Patron UI that there is going to be exclusive Patron content.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

Quote Originally Posted by Repster View Post

So how long before there's Patron only Dungeons? Raids? Chronicles? Questlines? Warfronts?

Or is the RIFT team still going to try and say there are no plans for that, when it's being added in the ****ing Purchasing Patron UI that there is going to be exclusive Patron content.
    I think you're reading more into this than necessary, those 4 lines of text are taken directly from the website and hasn't changed in a very long time. Click the patron link here to see it: http://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/store/

It's referring to the free supply crate that patrons get (not new), the chance at getting marvelous loot from supply crates (not new), the artifact tracking (not new), extra daily quests (not new), and weekly bonus charges (not new).
    Last edited by Gingers; 02-12-2016 at 04:22 PM.

I actually really like the current icon buttons, I think they look nice lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingers View Post
    (Btw we did look into having this display your "days remaining" of Patron time as players have asked for but that would require extra tech from our Platform team so we had to put that part on hold.)
    What about putting the number of days remaining, or even better, the date your patron runs out, on the page when you click the "Patron" button? Could also perhaps include info as to whether or not it's set to auto-renew, which program you're on (1-month, 3-month, etc.), but the expiration date or days remaining is the most important to people, I would imagine.

Also, as to the floating icon, hopefully it's hideable in Edit Layout, not just moveable. But right now it looks a little bit like an add-on's button, would it be possible to make it "attach" to the layout somewhere by default? (I know it's moveable) Or have a little border around it like an action-bar icon?

The Patron status screen, the blank space in the top right kinda bothers me, though I don't know what I'd want there. Maybe if that big "Patron" graphic (with the books, logo, mail, vial, green ribbon, etc, that graphic) was across the whole top, then the botom left was the bulleted list as you have it, and bottom right was the purchase options?

For the buttons up top, is there a reason the credits/patron button are one size but the loyalty/wish list buttons are another? Could have 4 across the top in equal proportion (though the little credits-button-aside thing is nice)

I assume the currency bar at the bottom hasn't changed, aside from not displaying credits anymore, so will still show plat on most store sections? Might be nice to still see plat on the home screen, I often open up my store to see the plat I have on mules where I haven't bothered reimporting gadgets or whatnot.
    Last edited by Serein; 02-12-2016 at 04:26 PM.
    Serein, Gaetinn, Amkhe, Skaidras | Co-Guild Leader of <Nordvegr> of Faeblight | 4/4 iROTP 4/4 TD 3/3 BOS
    New to Rift? Free bag, cape, weapon glow, and title with my Ascend-a-Friend code: EPZHJKQ3DDYHG7GDEDHJ

The button can be moved using the Edit Layout function in settings.
    Is this a sugarcoated way of saying it can't be disabled entirely?

Or am I, too, reading too much into it?
    Last edited by DeLivia; 02-12-2016 at 04:27 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gingers View Post
    I think you're reading more into this than necessary, those 4 lines of text are taken directly from the website and hasn't changed in a very long time. Click the patron link here to see it: http://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/store/

It's referring to the free supply crate that patrons get (not new), the chance at getting marvelous loot from supply crates (not new), the artifact tracking (not new), extra daily quests (not new), and weekly bonus charges (not new).
    Probably. The recent changes have just gotten me way to damned riled up for my own good. Especially with Patron Exclusive quests existing now.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLivia View Post
    Is this a sugarcoated way of saying it can't be disabled entirely?

Or am I, too, reading too much into it?
    The later. You can turn off and move every little thing like it in the UI right now, it would be more effort then it's worth to program an exception.
    Last edited by Repster; 02-12-2016 at 04:32 PM.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

Quote Originally Posted by Serein View Post
    I actually really like the buttons, I think they look nice lol.

What about putting the number of days remaining, or even better, the date your patron runs out, on the page when you click the "Patron" button? Could also perhaps include info as to whether or not it's set to auto-renew, which program you're on (1-month, 3-month, etc.), but the expiration date or days remaining is the most important to people, I would imagine.

Also, as to the floating icon, hopefully it's hideable in Edit Layout, not just moveable. But right now it looks a little bit like an add-on's button, would it be possible to make it "attach" to the layout somewhere by default? (I know it's moveable

The Patron status screen, the blank space in the top right kinda bothers me, though I don't know what I'd want there. Maybe if that big "Patron" graphic (with the books, logo, mail, vial, green ribbon, etc, that graphic) was across the whole top, then the botom left was the bulleted list as you have it, and bottom right was the purchase options?

For the buttons up top, is there a reason the credits/patron button are one size but the loyalty/wish list buttons are another? Could have 4 across the top in equal proportion (though the little credits-button-aside thing is nice)

I assume the currency bar at the bottom hasn't changed, aside from not displaying credits anymore, so will still show plat on most store sections? Might be nice to still see plat on the home screen, I often open up my store to see the plat I have on mules where I haven't bothered reimporting gadgets or whatnot.
    Unfortunately getting any of that information such as days remaining, what type of subscription you're on, etc all require extra tech from a different department so it's currently not in the plan.

The little patron button has the same functionality as all other layout pieces, currently it is docked to the minimap.

The four buttons along the top aren't the same size intentionally to give some visual hierarchy for the buttons that are used more often.

The open area on the upper right is actually so that the system has more flexibility. For example, if some day we want to add more options it has room to stack upward to fit up to 7.

Yes viewing deeper inside the store still displays the plat and credits on the lower left.
    Last edited by Gingers; 02-12-2016 at 04:35 PM.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #8

Probably. The recent changes have just gotten me way to damned riled up for my own good. Especially with Patron Exclusive quests existing now.

The later. You can turn off and move every little thing like it in the UI right now, it would be more effort then it's worth to program an exception.
    Thank you for taking that well

I really like the new icon for Patron, looks awesome!

Thumbs up

Seems there's a push for Patrons... why are you only asking for those? How about a Patron only shard? Kind of a first class shard where everything is chrome and shiny free Greathound mounts... yeah... a chrome celestial Greathound mount. Witness me! I'll buy a years sub!

Ascendant

Not only a Patron only shard, but it would be on it's own CLUSTER. Considering the current state of chat, and the need for many players to search out patrons for Queues, a patron only shard is not that bad of an idea, just to not have to deal with that garbage.

It would be an interesting look at it's self contained economy compared to the mixed economy of other shards.

Could cuase problems when patron runs out though. *shrug*

RIFT Fan Site Operator

The icon looks great, thanks for sharing the news appreciate all your communication Gingers.

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #13

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuli View Post
    Seems there's a push for Patrons... why are you only asking for those? How about a Patron only shard? Kind of a first class shard where everything is chrome and shiny free Greathound mounts... yeah... a chrome celestial Greathound mount. Witness me! I'll buy a years sub!
    Yes there is a push for Patrons, it is something that will help support the game. Please keep any feedback constructive.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuli View Post
    How about a Patron only shard? Kind of a first class shard where everything is chrome and shiny
    <cough><cough>Stormhammer<cough><cough>

Us old EQ folks will get the reference. ;)
    Dreambreaker Zithsic - P100 Warrior
    Officer in Grievance

Rift Master

Not only a Patron only shard, but it would be on it's own CLUSTER.
    Because the Patron 1% can't be slumming it will all the peasant nonpatrons(even if the nonpatrons spend more in a year on the game than most of those patrons). This is a silly idea for some many reasons lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast