+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Red Hawk
  • 1 Post By Loratex

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Dervish Tuning Changes

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Dervish Tuning Changes

Hi all,

While we all love our spinning overlords, Dervish has been doing a bit too much damage on live in recent days. The following changes are up on PTS now:

- Lowered Shearing Winds from 100% weapon damage per talent point down to 80% weapon damage per talent point.
    - Reduced Dervish damaging abilities (other than Lashing Wind and Seismic Smash) by ~5.8%

Please feel free to test this out and throw parses up. I know damage reductions are never fun to experience, but hopefully you can all appreciate the goal of keeping all DPS fairly equitable in terms of their damage potential.

Parse on live will be a bit lower because of server performance of cause.

I think 5% damage reduction would be enough and maybe don't reduce Tectonic Spike damage.

We are definitly going in the right direction.

PS: Is there any chance to get a Spiritualism buff? The equivalent mastery for other classes does twice as much damage.
    RIP RIFT | <Transcendent> | Stream | [AddOn] PullTimer
    Trions business plan ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kapnia View Post
    PS: Is there any chance to get a Spiritualism buff? The equivalent mastery for other classes does twice as much damage.
    Ancestral Force is in the same boat as Spiritualism.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

Plane Walker

Well dervish are going in the right direction yes.

But the masteries, is at the moment very bad.

We have
    Spiritualism that does 50% less or more then other classes.
    Ancestral Force wich has a delayed tick and does lower amounts as other classes.

And then we have Savage blow, wich doesnt have a fury/cunning value wich rekts alot of rotations.
    If savage blow, would work as icefall/corpsefall, with going towards fury or cunning depending on where it is then it would be worth using very well in a rotation, or 0gcd but that would probably not happend.

Like if we take a look at Punishing Strike on Clerics it requires mana, why wouldnt Savage Blow affect our focus, lets say push it 20 fury if used in cunning, and 20 cunning if used in fury and then it would be very suited for certain specs rather then breaking them.
    Last edited by Aeral; 12-14-2015 at 03:51 PM.

Aenomaly former <Fires of Heaven>
    Aenomaly - Draenor
    T1: 12/12 - T2: 15/15 - T3: 9/9 - World #1 Arisen Arak
    "A user interface is like a joke. If you have to explain it, itís not that good."

hopefully these nerfs will be going live with a savage blow "fix" to make it actually a dps increase, or at the very least a spiritualism increase.

using parsing data from prancing turtle to get actual in raid values, current nerfs without any mastery changes would put dervish behind warriors, very slightly behind rogues (less than 1%), even with mages, and ahead of clerics(cleric dps is a cleric issue not a primalist issue though).

with masteries fixed/buffed and the current changes i feel dervish would still be in a very good spot without being too out of whack.

Default Buff,nerf,buff, nerf...hello I want to play my class

Well nuff said I just keep using vulcanist then again like the last 2 months

We set up a perfect build and rotation for constant dps.

well derwish was nice for 2 weeks I ll just stick with the super asy vulcanist rota and just focus on movement again. I m fine with being top dps in the 1st 10 seconds the going back to place 8 cause lack of cds.

Still feeling booted here...maybe its just me and Sua I used to parse 87k on live the first night we developed the rotation and macros for it. Without t3 trinket because we are suffering from tons of bugs at 1st Arak just like random spawning bubbles after movement phase. And I m talking bout almost instant after moving phase, we maybe have 8 hours of footage from (and due) to these bugs.

Maybe fix raids then go back to the buff/nerf game?
    Last edited by Orgone; 12-14-2015 at 11:31 PM.

After trying in pts I have found that the nerf is excessive, now Dervish is not only below the other top melee game also that vulcanist, and possibly even of each other top ranged spec class.... and please revised mastery 65 its a joke damage Spiritualism

Plane Walker

10% reduction on Shearing Winds sure.
    But other nerfs will put, dervish, as stated before, lower then vulcanist and other specs.

Sort the masteries aswell while at it @Red Hawk!

Aenomaly - Draenor
    "A user interface is like a joke. If you have to explain it, itís not that good."

I'm getting sick of this see-saw BS with damage, up 7% one week down 6% the next, ugggg, make up your damn mind. Everyone knows the other classes that have p-envy doctor up some logs and complain to the devs about it.

This nerf puts any kind of Dervish build on the "useless soul" list again. I rather see the Rogue-DPS loving devs to stop being retentive against Primalist's and fix actual bugs rather than WASTE TIME nerfing a Primalst soul every time someone cries against Dervish DPS by putting up some photoshopped damage logs.
    Last edited by Dahbee; 12-16-2015 at 10:31 AM.
    "Just tune in, turn off, drop out, drop in, switch off, switch on, and explode." TrollBait goes here.
    Dahbee's Law: No matter what gets discussed, voted on, or put into the game, someone will whine.
    Dahbee's Law #2: A good gnome is a dead gnome.

Plane Walker

Well, by the looks of the clerics, its gonna take us a few years after these changes..

Aenomaly - Draenor

so now that we have been buffed, nerfed, buffed, and nerfed again, can we get our masteries fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Loratex View Post
    so now that we have been buffed, nerfed, buffed, and nerfed again, can we get our masteries fixed?
    Soon(tm)...
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

Quote Originally Posted by Aeral View Post
    Well, by the looks of the clerics, its gonna take us a few years after these changes..
    Get in line.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Quote Originally Posted by Xclusivee View Post
    Get in line.
    Yep. Get in behind the Mages please. We need more quality of life changes before any peasants can be attended to. :^)))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    Last edited by InflatablePanda; 12-16-2015 at 10:08 PM.

+ Reply to Thread