+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Upcoming Shaman changes

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    Long-term I want to get Eruption of Life back as well. That was outside the scope of what I had time for in this patch cycle.
    this is really good to hear. also second break please please please please.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

A second break would be good for shaman based on my observations. Paragon can spec for a second break but you lose dps in doing so and it hurls you backwards which is kind of annoying. I still think lightning should hit harder its really just fluff damage as it is.

If they give massive blow a 100% crit rate they definately need to stop it from consuming rage of the north stacks, it would be kinda dumb if it had a 100% crit rate and still consumed rage stacks.
    Dispatched@laethys

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #33
    Rift Team

Just as a heads up, I'm going to leave this on PTS to soak until January, with additional fine-tuning coming as we deploy PTS builds. There's too much risk to PvP combat to deploy this change with minimal external testing. It's doing a lot of what I was hoping for (bringing the performance floor closer to the ceiling without disrupting the fun rotation) but right now it would push Shaman from underperforming to substantially overperforming.
    Jeff "Red Hawk" Hamilton
    Senior Systems Designer - Rift

I was going to say, I just re-copied my character exactly as it is to PTS and parsed in my dim really quick just to see what kind of differences there were, on a 67 Raid dummy.

PTS - 78.5k over 5:07

Live - 68.2k over 5:03

same gear, same buffs, and goofed up a bit on both parses.

1300 Hit
    18590 SP
    7512 PC
    3003 CP

Expert DPS trinket
    T1 Relic wand proc
    T2 wep, no proc

subtract a bit on PTS for the zero latency environment, and you still have a HUGE buff.

**Edit** Also, Massive Blow doesn't consume Rage of the North stacks thankfully. That's what I was worried about initially as well.
    Last edited by ChamberDown; 12-14-2015 at 05:31 PM.
    Are you a player looking for class guides and other Rift content?
    ChamberDown Youtube Channel

Are you a new/returning player? Check out all the souls in Rift!
    All Callings/Souls in Rift!

Soulwalker

Back from the PTS :

Did with a T1-T2 geared cleric on an Expert boss dummy in Tempest Bay :

Live : 75k dps on dummy (5 min fight)

PTS : 81k dps on dummy (6 min fight)

I'll test inq this evening too.

Edit : Thanks @ChamberDown for all your tutorials on Youtube, help me a lot replaying the game as a Cleric =)
    Last edited by Vich79; 12-15-2015 at 07:20 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    lol, this is my favorite gif ever.

And it actually makes me really happy looking at how excited people are for these changes, especially ecru, haha. Looking at these gifs made my morning 10x better.
    Wonskee@Deepwood
    Quote Originally Posted by paragonfury View Post
    wtf??? I simply asked for the ultimate one button tempest macro without both torrents, not a fricken story book u nerds.
    \_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by Vich79 View Post
    Edit : Thanks @ChamberDown for all your tutorials on Youtube, help me a lot replaying the game as a Cleric =)
    I'm glad the guides helped you out! Thanks for posting your results from the Shaman changes.
    Are you a player looking for class guides and other Rift content?
    ChamberDown Youtube Channel

Are you a new/returning player? Check out all the souls in Rift!
    All Callings/Souls in Rift!

~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    Just as a heads up, I'm going to leave this on PTS to soak until January, with additional fine-tuning coming as we deploy PTS builds. There's too much risk to PvP combat to deploy this change with minimal external testing. It's doing a lot of what I was hoping for (bringing the performance floor closer to the ceiling without disrupting the fun rotation) but right now it would push Shaman from underperforming to substantially overperforming.
    This is in no way suggesting that leaving the changes on pts for testing is a bad idea, but why is it that the dervish buffs were pushed to live after minimal testing and us peasants have to wait til after the holidays?

Quote Originally Posted by Xclusivee View Post
    something to note with people posting parses outside of the dummy foundry is that the difference in raid is going to be a bit less dramatic due to raid buffs and crit buffs/debuffs. the crit rate on my massive blow was 72.37% on my 111k fauxmire parse a few weeks ago, whereas self-buffed on a dummy i typically see ~55% or so.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    this is really good to hear. also second break please please please please.
    theres plenty of souls without break free at all. clerics (and all other souls, mages, warriors) can spec with low point investment except rogues!, so first break free to rogues, below 15 pt on the tree! hint-hint: BD sprint I`m looking at you! When its done clerics can have one more!

Shaman can crit on me even if I have war PA filled? lel

Bow to your new cleric overlord!

Red Hawk: Do you realise that latest changes (new bolstering and warmonger tier following with flat buffed damage) makes pvp really-really miserable. This is the 3rd tier of gear, lot of souls got buffed, damage increased without any change of pvp damage reduction. And we got more and more dps buffs, while healing neglected, unchanged, even nerfed trough shield nerfs.
    Its time to think about it, and amend it.
    We would thank any effort to making pvp better.
    Last edited by Kartia; 12-16-2015 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kartia View Post
    theres plenty of souls without break free at all. clerics (and all other souls, mages, warriors) can spec with low point investment except rogues!, so first break free to rogues, below 15 pt on the tree! hint-hint: BD sprint I`m looking at you! When its done clerics can have one more!

Shaman can crit on me even if I have war PA filled? lel

Bow to your new cleric overlord!

Red Hawk: Do you realise that latest changes (new bolstering and warmonger tier following with flat buffed damage) makes pvp really-really miserable. This is the 3rd tier of gear, lot of souls got buffed, damage increased without any change of pvp damage reduction. And we got more and more dps buffs, while healing neglected, unchanged, even nerfed trough shield nerfs.
    Its time to think about it, and amend it.
    We would thank any effort to making pvp better.
    shaman doesn't offer anything besides dps. it has no utility whatsoever--no stealth, no stuns/debilitates, no purges, no drains, no unique debuffs, no passive move speed and only an on gcd snare that does no damage, so really absolutely nothing but melee dps, and also has no real mitigation or self healing. it's literally damage damage damage, and if it can't perform that role because it's chain cc'd and bursted down by every marksman/pyro/inq or harb or para with phantom blades/grasping from range, it can't do it's job at all.

i hope that clears things up as to why people might want shaman to have some kind of "out" more than once every minute and a half--if it isn't doing damage in melee, it isn't really doing anything at all, and right now getting into melee with only one break is simply too risky in most situations.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

shaman doesn't offer anything besides dps. it has no utility whatsoever--no stealth, no stuns/debilitates, no purges, no drains, no unique debuffs, no passive move speed and only an on gcd snare that does no damage, so really absolutely nothing but melee dps, and also has no real mitigation or self healing. it's literally damage damage damage, and if it can't perform that role because it's chain cc'd and bursted down by every marksman/pyro/inq or harb or para with phantom blades/grasping from range, it can't do it's job at all.

i hope that clears things up as to why people might want shaman to have some kind of "out" more than once every minute and a half--if it isn't doing damage in melee, it isn't really doing anything at all, and right now getting into melee with only one break is simply too risky in most situations.
    thisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisth isthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthis thisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisth isthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthis thisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisth isthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthis thisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisth isthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthis thisthis
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Soulwalker

Last edited by Vich79; 12-17-2015 at 01:33 AM.

I don`t argue on that if shaman get one more, I do not care if shaman get 2-3-4 or whatever break free, what I care rogues has zero, nada, nothing, so to be fair and balanced give 1 to rogues low point investment, then shaman can get as much as they want. Physicians can be screwed by hard cc as much as shamans. Pyro stun, burst=dead physician if break free not up. Or worst, because shaman can have dark passage if desperate.
    warrior=elude
    mage=flicker or ride the wind
    cleric=dark passage
    rogues=?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast