+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Upcoming Shaman changes

Bring back EoL indeed, cause these changes mean Jolt is always improved, almost entirely removing the need for a separate bind.
    Last edited by fufi; 12-12-2015 at 05:07 AM.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Rift Disciple

Inside Raids i have critchance of 70% till 80% on Massive Blow i donīt see how this would change anything. In all fairness i got 9122 sch selfbuffed.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by fufi View Post
    Bring back EoL indeed, cause these changes mean Jolt is always improved, almost entirely removing the need for a separate bind.
    How I imagine Foofi after these changes:

Ambroo- Apotheosys

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    i'd rather see it extended to 3.5 seconds, otherwise it'd be a nerf to deep freeze. i think most clerics like to take advantage of deep freeze being a damage debuff effecting all dots/procs inside of the deep freeze debuff window rather than it being just the next three attacks.
    I agree donīt make it the next 3 abilities this will be masive dps loss.

Plane Touched

Seems about right as a boost on a pure standstill basis (guessing around 5% ish boost in total).

Shaman DPS is still going to be crap compared to every other class if there are any sort of disconnects.

ah the quick patches to stop the whining dont expect anything for 2 years. Also expect other classes to be buffed soon to make gain back the gap.
    Last edited by Pokesi; 12-12-2015 at 03:38 PM.

-a second break free somewhere in the tree
    should probably offer something up so here's a proposed change that i've been thinking about for awhile.

Windwalk
    -Instant - No global cooldown
    -Cooldown reduced to 30 seconds
    -Increases Dodge by 35%. Increases movement speed by 50% for 10 seconds. Removes all control and movement impairing effects.

the second break on a 30s cooldown is obviously the big change here, but i think reducing the cooldown and the duration would make the ability much more useful in general, especially in a raid setting. having move speed every 30s to move out of red, help with melee disconnects on a boss, or whatever else you might need it for is a lot more useful than move speed on a 1 minute cooldown, even if the duration it lasts is shorter.

shaman doesn't have any extra mitigation besides a passive 5% and it's two very small shields, and doesn't have a grasping the horizon/phantom blades type mechanic, so i feel like being very mobile due to a second break and having frequent move speed would bring things into line with other souls that have an easier time with disconnects while rewarding skilled melee play at the same time.

this is another reason i want to see us go back to using eruption of life, as it would allow us to take the swift judgment mastery. 10% might not seem like much, but it's a very noticeable difference to me when attempting to stay on a target and when you don't have grasping/phantom blades type abilities, every little bit helps.

Quote Originally Posted by fufi View Post
    this is a good point too. always having an improved jolt will mean not having to really worry about managing it at all aside from fitting it into deep freeze, so having an extra nonphys besides lightning and the inevitable jolt/icy macro would be great.
    Last edited by ecru; 12-12-2015 at 05:39 PM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Shield of Telara

Default wut

While this does slightly change the standard meta "cooldown block" for the spec
    Explanation please

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Trauumhaft View Post
    Explanation please
    Shaman is based around getting off as many crit massive blows as possible, helped out by the forced crits of RoTN. If massive blow always crits but still consumes a stack of RoTN, then getting 2 massive blows off under RoTN will not be nearly as effective and pretty much waste those 2 stacks.

Telaran

i hope you guys don't like healing in pvp :^)

some other changes that would be nice to see:

-eruption of life being made useful again, putting it ahead of 7 druid/8 inq which uses sanction/vex and the faith's freedom mastery. relying on an inquisitor-based mastery instead of the shaman-based one hasn't ever made much sense.
    -massive blow not consuming a stack of rage of the north.
    -a second break free somewhere in the tree
    I have become pretty much a raid logger as of recent because the game just wasn't that fun anymore. Someone mentioned about the massive blow changes in our most recent raid and my exact response was "rip pvp" because of individuals like paisleypark. I might have to put a little effort into pvp again because I want to run across paisleypark and see how much he dominates now.

Not just because he is good but because of how bad most people are in pvp. This is going to be a compounding effect and will be hilarious to watch. I will just die and lay in the middle and put my camera to follow him so I can watch as healers flee from him in fear.
    Last edited by Biomed; 12-14-2015 at 06:34 AM.

massive blow and scaling changes seem to be live. didn't bother to do any testing in the actual test gear, but i'm seeing 107-108k in my old T2 live gear that i parsed exactly 100k with, which pretty substantial increase at the moment.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

They should have just buffed lightning damage and increased the duration of deep freeze to 3.5 seconds

I have a bad feeling about how these other changes will affect pvp
    Dispatched@laethys

Quote Originally Posted by Xamaron View Post
    They should have just buffed lightning damage and increased the duration of deep freeze to 3.5 seconds

I have a bad feeling about how these other changes will affect pvp
    a buff to lightning wouldn't make any difference, lightning hammer and lightning is not a deciding factor when it comes to overall shaman dps. shaman dps is dependent almost entirely on one factor--your massive blow crit rate. good crits means a good parse, bad crits means an absolutely terrible parse. you can watch the meter jump up and down depending on whether or not it crits, and this change eliminates that constant yo-yoing from extremely substandard dps to competitive dps depending on how you roll the dice.

as far as pvp goes, a 12k massive blow isn't nearly as much of an issue as 16-17k empowered shots have been for months on end and my crit rate on mb is still in the high 60s in a lot of warfronts due in part to the absurd amount of crit i have on downbolstered gear, so not a lot is going to change. for example, someone eating deep freeze isn't going to take any more damage than they did before.

until there are blanket nerfs to outgoing ranged dps/cc, melee needs help in the form of more guaranteed dps pressure while in melee, more break frees, and/or more mitigation (although i'd prefer dps/breaks instead).
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Soulwalker

Personally I would've preferred a dps buff that involved bringing eruption of life back into the rotation, maybe tacking on a small percent damage debuff for each stack via mastery, but I can understand aiming for consistency by removing crit rng from one of our highest damaging abilities. Definitely feels good to longer see 3 or 4 consecutive non-crit massive blows.

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #30
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Syllacen View Post
    Personally I would've preferred a dps buff that involved bringing eruption of life back into the rotation, maybe tacking on a small percent damage debuff for each stack via mastery, but I can understand aiming for consistency by removing crit rng from one of our highest damaging abilities. Definitely feels good to longer see 3 or 4 consecutive non-crit massive blows.
    Long-term I want to get Eruption of Life back as well. That was outside the scope of what I had time for in this patch cycle.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast