+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Upcoming Inquisitor changes

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Upcoming Inquisitor changes

Hi all,

We'll be testing the following changes to Inquisitor on PTS, starting on Monday:

Inquisitor:
    Vex Increased damage by 18%
    Mental Resilience - Increased from 15% spellpower scaling on Vex, Scourge, and Sanction Heretic up to 20% spellpower scaling.
    Righteous Indignation - Increased from 4% spellpower scaling per point up to 5% per point.

Inquisitor's definitely fallen too far behind, and this should help it get back on par with other single-target ranged DPS specs. Any feedback you can provide is appreciated!

If Inq isn't above Shaman as of 3.5, this will probably put it there. Will Shaman get buffs?

Edit: hadn't seen the Shaman post!
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 12-11-2015 at 07:16 PM.

Rift Disciple

Didnt feel inq that weak compared to other rangeds, except vulcanist ofcourse, they are really out of line. But thats probably cos other callings lacked any ranged practice and underperformed, while we inqs always kept shape cos of pvp.

I like the idea of powering dots up, that way inq wont go too crazy in pvp, and allow us to have more cleavage which is the weakest point of inq.

My suggestions:

-harsh discipline's damage be increased by some because right now in the rotation were clipping it.

-shroud of agony deemed useful again, remove the barrier on the mastery please

-bolt of judgement damage needs to slightly come up as well for disconnects, where inqs biggest downfall is located.

Mostly just QoL but it would improve the spec as a whole even if the other changes need to go down in power a little bit.
    Last edited by Xclvsive; 12-11-2015 at 09:30 PM.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Quote Originally Posted by Xclusivee View Post
    I would like to see harsh discipline's damage be increased by some because right now in the rotation were clipping it.

I would also like to see shroud of agony deemed useful again, remove the barrier on the mastery please

I believe bolt of judgement damage needs to slightly come up as well for disconnects, which inqs biggest downfall it located.
    I'd like to see all these too, even if the other changes had to be lowered some
    Last edited by thelarry; 12-11-2015 at 09:28 PM.
    thelarry@greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Xclusivee View Post
    My suggestions:

-harsh discipline's damage be increased by some because right now in the rotation were clipping it.

-shroud of agony deemed useful again, remove the barrier on the mastery please

-bolt of judgement damage needs to slightly come up as well for disconnects, where inqs biggest downfall is located.

Mostly just QoL but it would improve the spec as a whole even if the other changes need to go down in power a little bit.
    I would love BoJ increased more than anything. Even if it means getting rid of instant BoD which still has a problem with hard casting. Maybe leave BoR to bring up instant BoD but bring BoJ up to whatever 4 x BoJ + 1 BoD 5 casts = 1 BoJ.
    Last edited by MickNico; 12-11-2015 at 11:26 PM.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    Deeply concerned this will make massive blow a mandatory ability in the inquis rotation. pls no melee inq.

i'd like to see bolt of retribution go down to a 0.9s cast time to counteract our rotation constantly being pushed back in raid by lag due to the bolt of retribution cast time being equal to our 1s gcd.
    Last edited by ecru; 12-12-2015 at 03:42 AM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    Inquisitor:
    Vex Increased damage by 18%
    Change the 18% damage increase to Scourge.

Vex is already a requirement for any damage spec there's no need to make it worse to boost the damage of Defiler, increasing the damage Scourge will still provide the same outcome for Inquisitor.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Telaran

How about Ethereal Blast always crits now!
    Vmannn@Greybriar aka PvP God - Level 65 Warrior

Default Zealotry/Fanaticism Suggestion

To improve our CD Block-Buff Zealotry / Fanaticism:

Currently:

-Fanaticism - 30 sec cd.
    • adds 3 stacks of Fanatic's Faith (Zealotry) increasing critical hit chance with damaging life or death spells by 10% per stack (30% max).
    • each critical hit reduces the stack by 1 (and critical hit chance % by a large amount)
    Proposed:

No matter how hard we try to maximize it's potential it falls flat, to become competitive it still could use an improvement, either
    • grant 5 stacks of zealotry or
    • a flat damage increase % per stack.

Thanks for your consideration,

I'd like to see Zealotry stacks regen out of combat akin to Blade Hustle from Bladedancer. This would get rid of the annoying zealotry pre-load at the beginning of a fight, letting us start from 5

I'd also like to see some mobility added to Inquisitor, as it stands now, a lot of the time we're turreting away with Bolt of Retribution for a lot of the filler, and some of the time, we're stationary for another 2 channels (outside of Radical Coalescence) and Harsh Discipline if you don't use the mastery. Maybe up the damage of Bolt of Judgement about 20-25%. This way you still need to stand still to min/max with BoR, however if you need to move more often, you won't be crippled by having to cast a lot more Bolt of Judgements.

I really wish the dependency on Sanction Heretic would be removed as well.
    Are you a player looking for class guides and other Rift content?
    ChamberDown Youtube Channel

Are you a new/returning player? Check out all the souls in Rift!
    All Callings/Souls in Rift!

14.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #14
    Rift Team

Inquisitor and other cleric changes are now testable on PTS. Parses encouraged and appreciated!

Just on the side of PvP I think out CC's need to get looked at as well. Trepidation doesn't seem to effect everyone, if this is because they have a buff on then it should cut through it. Sometimes as much as a third don't get effected by this spell.
    It would also be good if we could add to Bewilder so it either does dps (instant as dot's do nothing for PvP) or reduces armour for 60 seconds. There is no point in using it as it's 4 seconds and that gives you time to do nothing and in most cases it gets broken by brake free.

Also whatever we can get with movement is needed big time.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast