+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Upcoming Tank DPS tweaks

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Upcoming Tank DPS tweaks

Hi all,

On Monday we'll have some Tank DPS changes on PTS for testing. Due to upcoming holiday scheduling, this will be a very brief comment period of one day only, but I wanted to let you know that the following changes are coming:

Cleric/Justicar:
    -Total Assurance now increases all damage dealt for 30 seconds, in addition to its previous effects.
    -Mien of Honor and Mien of Leadership are no longer on the global cooldown. Their shared cooldown has been lowered to 10 seconds.
    -The damage buff effect from Mien of Honor now lasts 30 seconds, up from 15 seconds.

Rogue/Riftstalker:
    -Soul Coalescence now only consumes 5 stacks of Soul Synthesis instead of 20.
    -Soul Synthesis now increases damage dealt by 5% per stack, up from 1% per stack.

Mage/Arbiter:
    - Arcane Wardís Outgoing Damage and Healing penalty has been Reduced from 30% down to 20%.

Primalist/Titan:
    - Primal Rageís damage buff effect has been increased from 20% up to 30%. Its duration has been increased from 5 seconds up to 6 seconds.

The goal of these changes is to bring the single-target DPS each class is capable of performing while in Tank spec much closer to even. Barring any catastrophic discoveries from PTS testing, this should be coming to live very soon. Thanks!

Plane Walker

While at it,

Could you sort out primalist tanking overall aswell.
    AoE threat is still really weak compared to others.
    ST isnt that great either.

And we shouldnt have to rely on aoe stuff from other souls as they become really weak.

Aenomaly former <Fires of Heaven>
    Aenomaly - Draenor
    T1: 12/12 - T2: 15/15 - T3: 9/9 - World #1 Arisen Arak
    "A user interface is like a joke. If you have to explain it, itís not that good."

Quote Originally Posted by Aeral View Post
    While at it,

Could you sort out primalist tanking overall aswell.
    AoE threat is still really weak compared to others.
    ST isnt that great either.

And we shouldnt have to rely on aoe stuff from other souls as they become really weak.
    Been asking this for VK tanking for over a year now to no avail. Why are we worrying about tanking dps right now when we still have such threat disparities between the callings? Fix the actual tanking issues first please.

As an aside, depending on how close these changes will bring other tanks to VK dps, what will the Warrior's tanking niche be seeing as dps was really it?
    Last edited by Sedvick; 12-11-2015 at 07:01 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    Been asking this for VK tanking for over a year now to no avail. Why are we worrying about tanking dps right now when we still have such threat disparities between the callings? Fix the actual tanking issues first please.

As an aside, depending on how close these changes will bring other tanks to VK dps, what will the Warrior's tanking niche be seeing as dps was really it?
    You guys can pull lots of stuff and yolo. Dont be greedy! :P
    killings - Mage - Apotheosys - Typhiria

Prophet of Telara

While we are at it...riftstalker aoe pull, pulls something already in mele a bit closer, we dont have acces to purge, reflect or any other utility other tanking souls have.

Quote Originally Posted by N3okorrales View Post
    While we are at it...riftstalker aoe pull, pulls something already in mele a bit closer, we dont have acces to purge, reflect or any other utility other tanking souls have.
    I'd be okay with just the pull being actually useful besides making trash look pretty.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Rift Disciple

Redhawk,

This will make warrior tank even more useless and obsolete as DPS was the only relevant thing left distinguishing us from other callings.

Will the warrior calling with 4 different tank souls originally, which meant such a rich amount of specs and gameplay, now become even more subpar tank, basically a pull or life rapture's bot?

If you're going to equalize damage and take out one of VK's biggest advantages, please buff VK threat.

Tanking is in a nice, but fragile balance right now. I've never seen clerics, rogue or mage tanks complain about their damage, so why try to fix what isn't broken? There are so many other things to prioritize. Don't touch damage.

Shadowlander

Sorry for that bad english =)

Its hard to keep the peace in my soul now with those changes.
    The way trion have being working in Warriors are "amazing"

Vladd don't talk about tanks long time.

And now Red Hawk come with crazy ideas without fix bad stuff first.

Tank Threat changes - BY RED HAWK
    "This change should provide at least equivalent threat to the current iteration of the passive for max-level characters in dungeon-quality gear. It will provide greater threat as tanks improve their gear. If you notice anything awry with your threat generation on Tank-spec'ed characters on PTS, please let us know in the thread below!"

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...t-changes.html
    We have threat problems since Nightmare Tide release.
    A lot of ppl complain about it during the year, everyone know "oh dude, thats normal, warrior aggro!".

Tank suggestions
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ggestions.html

Void Knight
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...e-request.html

AGGRO
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...vladd-3-a.html

Warrior Tank threat VS other Tanking Classes
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...g-classes.html

Can you please, talk about it before those buffs come on? Because you ask for feed back on the last "threat change", we give feedback, and in game anyone that know the game will tell you "yes, Warriors suck at keep aggro on multiple mobs and two tank mech against other class tank."

But instead of fix whats wrong, you will buff stuff. Its hard to understand the schedule of work on Trion's projects. Can you explain for us, Red Hawk?
    Last edited by kordhaldrum; 12-11-2015 at 07:30 PM.

Pretty much wanted to say what all the other warriors are saying. Don't take away VK's niche without buffing its threat to make it comparable to other tanks.
    7/11 HK 4/4 iGP | 0/9 MoM
    Pizzacatt@Laethys | Pitacat@Laethys | Pururun@Laethys

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by N3okorrales View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    I'd be okay with just the pull being actually useful besides making trash look pretty.
    I've been throwing that idea at Vladd everytime I see him on livestream for weeks now, doubt it will change.
    Last edited by Leitsha; 12-12-2015 at 02:28 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    If you're going to equalize damage and take out one of VK's biggest advantages, please buff VK threat.

Tanking is in a nice, but fragile balance right now. I've never seen clerics, rogue or mage tanks complain about their damage, so why try to fix what isn't broken? There are so many other things to prioritize. Don't touch damage.
    This needs so much more attention before even looking at the dps of other tank souls. Certainly tank dps isn't an urgent enough issue that it should be rushed like this with only 1 day on the PTS before going live. Push this back a month so there's time for proper testing, and while you're at it fix VK threat. Also please fix it so VK pulls work without the mobs freezing for 3 seconds before they get teleported to you.

I'm banned from hitting the boss for a while if I don't pull since hammer > TA > hammer during cds pulls aggro of our rogue tanks. Wat do

Thanks for the journey RIFT - It's been fun

Quote Originally Posted by Liadva View Post
    I'm banned from hitting the boss for a while if I don't pull since hammer > TA > hammer during cds pulls aggro of our rogue tanks. Wat do
    What about using MoH ?
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Quote Originally Posted by fufi View Post
    What about using MoH ?
    I stopped using moh on pull because there's been a few times were the tank died at the start and mien was on cd and lost aggro even from spam taunting.

Though this was more of an issue in hk. I will admit i forgot since i stopped bothering to do this lool
    Last edited by Liadva; 12-12-2015 at 09:22 AM.

Thanks for the journey RIFT - It's been fun

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast