+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Upcoming Tank DPS tweaks

Rift Chaser

I guess Red Hawk just posted this before taking the weekend off from work. Seen a few dev posts over the weekend since this went up but have yet to see a dev response to this topic and the overwhelming demand for VK threat fixes before dps buffs to other tank souls.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Hewi View Post
    I disagree that it's a totally useless waste. Yes, there are other issues that needs to be addressed, but with what's been raised in this thread, I'd hope that more changes than just 'tank dps' fixes will come down at the same time.

Warriors definitely aren't required to off tank just because threat is an issue. If a warrior tank pulls, an off tank just needs to be careful of aggro. You don't have to stand there and do nothing, just be careful.
    If an Arbiter and a Riftstalker go in at the same time and both go absolutely nuts, quite often the Arbiter will pull aggro if everything crits - does that mean that the RS should always go in second? Absolutely not, just don't go nuts with your stuff.

With that said, it saddens me how easily every other class can sustain a higher level of aggro than warriors can & would rather see this fixed first. I'd love to actually have some utility in RS, but not at the cost of seeing another class fall further behind.
    Very true. I suppose required was a bit over the top. It just makes more sense to allow the higher threat generator to start the fight so that both can go full on until a tank swap is necessary.

Again I'm not against improvements for other tank specs. For example when I play my justicar, I wholeheartedly enjoy how super easy it is to hold AoE and ST threat. But I honestly feel like Batman without his utility belt compared to VK. I am definitely in the camp of every other warrior tank in this forum. Fix our threat generation please. I'm not asking for buffs to anything other than reckless strike generating more threat per use. That cannot be that difficult..

If these changes go live without VK's threat being adjusted, "just being careful" won't cut it. VK doing the pull won't even be a consideration. Justicars and Riftstalkers will have fun figuring out how much and for how long they need to hold back after the first tank swap to avoid ripping aggro off the VK.

Shadowlander

What scares me is that Red Hawk is the kind of DEV that don't talk on foruns almost never.

On Harbinger revamp it was needed a 200 pages thread to something really happen.

I'm feeling that buff will come to live soon, and no fix for Warrior will come.

I hope I'm wrong T-T

I wasn't trying to paint an all doom and gloom for the VK, though it's fairly close to that in my opinion with these idiotic changes.

Being that it's Star Wars week (as the new star Wars comes out in a few days), the first thing that jumped to my mind was something Queen Amidala said, "I call for a vote of no confidence...in whomever thought this was a good idea."
    Dimples Warrior Tank * If she flashes her dimples at you, it may cause pleasurable blindness.
    Dweia Rogue Tank * Nothing seems to express happiness quite as much as purring.
    Laurie Cleric Tank * Life without Love, is like chocolate cake made without sugar.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Unknown

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #36
    Rift Team

Update on Void Knight threat: Damage from Destructive Forces was not previously receiving the 700% threat bonus that many VK attacks have attached to them. Since Destructive Forces is responsible for a lot of Void Knight damage, this meant their threat was "off" in proportion to the amount of damage they were dealing (e.g., too low). I've corrected this oversight, so Destructive Forces damage will apply 7 times as much threat as it did previously.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #37
    Rift Team

With regards to priority of tank balancing, suffice it to say that Tank DPS being relatively equitable will make a fight much more... completeable?... in the near future. We didn't go through and make these changes for no reason.

Red Hawk, can you clarify whether or not the one-day feedback is only for the Tank DPS tweaks, or does it apply to all the other class changes that are up on the PTS? I noticed your one-day-feedback comment is only posted in the Tank DPS tweaks thread so just making sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    Update on Void Knight threat: Damage from Destructive Forces was not previously receiving the 700% threat bonus that many VK attacks have attached to them. Since Destructive Forces is responsible for a lot of Void Knight damage, this meant their threat was "off" in proportion to the amount of damage they were dealing (e.g., too low). I've corrected this oversight, so Destructive Forces damage will apply 7 times as much threat as it did previously.
    As long as DF threat works again that should solve the issue.
    Last edited by Sedvick; 12-14-2015 at 04:48 PM.

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #40
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    Red Hawk, can you clarify whether or not the one-day feedback is only for the Tank DPS tweaks, or does it apply to all the other class changes that are up on the PTS? I noticed your one-day-feedback comment is only posted in the Tank DPS tweaks thread so just making sure.
    Some changes are more likely than others to make the patch. The riskier a change is (looking at you, Massive Blow), the less likely it is to make this upcoming patch. The tank changes are relatively low-risk, however, so I could conceivably iterate further on them today if some small discrepancy was discovered in PTS testing that we did not find internally, that kind of thing.

The riskier a change is (looking at you, Massive Blow), the less likely it is to make this upcoming patch.
    Not to derail the thread, but the air around certain clerics right meow is so strong that it's possible that we'll see an explosion of epic proportions... it might be time to go back through some videos and put together all the "crits? team, hallo? my mighty blow didn't crit again" clips.

Good to hear that the DF threat is being adjusted, it's time to throw the anvil on the other end of the see-saw!
    NA#1 T-Rex. One of the token aussies for -Lemme Smash-
    RIP Coriolis.

PrancingTurtle online log parser

Some changes are more likely than others to make the patch. The riskier a change is (looking at you, Massive Blow), the less likely it is to make this upcoming patch. The tank changes are relatively low-risk, however, so I could conceivably iterate further on them today if some small discrepancy was discovered in PTS testing that we did not find internally, that kind of thing.
    Thanks for the confirm! Still will need to test things out on the PTS asap I guess just in case a change makes it through.

I've corrected this oversight, so Destructive Forces damage will apply 7 times as much threat as it did previously.
    Thank you !
    Fantasy - 51 Justicar - Eyes of Eternity - Vigil (retired)
    Electrah - 61 Riftstalker - Harshmallows - Gelidra (retired)
    No longer playing Rift

Poor Paladin getting left behind?

Paladin has only ever been 2nd to VK. Paladin dps is actually pretty damn good, probably on-par with where the other tanks just got buffed to.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast