+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Affinity Points are not Accruing Over Initial 5 on First Login

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #31

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    Sweet! Thanks for the clarification RR!
    Any time, let me know if you notice any other wonkyness please :-).

I think the 3 hours cap is not enough.
    let me explain why (sorry for bad english)
    Patrons are paying customers, so most are working people or retired people.
    When you have a job, you usually can't play three hours everyday, you get more chances to play more than this on holidays and days when you don't work, and less than this on working days.
    Retired people get a lot of free time, so they can play more than 3 hours a day.

The 3 hours limit is bad for people who can't play 3 hours EVERYDAY, they get a penalty for playing only a little some days, and much on other days.

So this limit rewards the raidlogger guy, but penalizes players who spend many hours in the game world, only because they have real life obligations and can't play the same time everyday. They will play more, but be rewarded less.

I think the limit should be 5 hours, so people who can't play for a long time everyday can make more points on their free days. These people are the ones who make the game world alive, because they spend much time in it. If you want truly make this system a reward for loyal long time paying customers, make it friendly for them.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrahan View Post
    You don't think the 5 on login and having a chance to get three more before dailies reset staying logged on for an hour at any time during that period covers everyone Mordrahan?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    You don't think the 5 on login and having a chance to get three more before dailies reset staying logged on for an hour at any time during that period covers everyone Mordrahan?
    I don't think everyone can play for a 3 hours total everyday, but maybe I'm wrong. I know for sure I can't on working days.
    My suggestion was made to help people who have some days with a long playtime, and other days with very little playtime.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

What if, rather than a daily limit, it was a weekly point limit of 21pts? This could help cover the case where people raid log and play for 5+hrs on raid nights but don't play much the rest of week?
    Kengeorge@Hailol <Impulse> 9/12 T1 | 5/11 HK | 4/4 I:GP (1/4 HM)

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrahan View Post
    I don't think everyone can play for a 3 hours total everyday, but maybe I'm wrong. I know for sure I can't on working days.
    My suggestion was made to help people who have some days with a long playtime, and other days with very little playtime.
    Sure Wasn't certain you seen the part about 5 days. Personally I don't know any/many that raid 7 days a week so in regards to raid loggers they also will miss days. I like we get 5 I don't see myself getting 8 daily but like the opportunity is there and that those who do log on for long periods everyday get rewarded - need that fishing pole and Virdian so maybe time to build more heh!
    Last edited by Kiwi; 12-01-2015 at 05:05 PM.

I'd like 5 per day along with the login bonus just because I want those mounts...
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

I saw there was a pts update so I logged in to see f my points go up . Mine are still at 8. I will go over what happened when they stopped.I am going to assume the last affinity point fix you went out with this hot fix

1) I had patron got my first 8
    2) My patron ran out bought a rex
    3) Bought 30 day patron from the store
    4) points have not gone up since
    5) waited for hot fix
    6) logged in today after hot fix no daily points. However I did log in earlier before the hot fix. Just in case it is thinking that counted as my daily log in. It might think I got my points even though I haven't.
    Will check back after 4 am reset just in case to see if I get them then and let you know.

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #39

Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post

6) logged in today after hot fix no daily points. However I did log in earlier before the hot fix. Just in case it is thinking that counted as my daily log in. It might think I got my points even though I haven't.
    Will check back after 4 am reset just in case to see if I get them then and let you know.
    This would be the cause. Without going into too many details about how it all works, you get one login bonus per day. Your login bonus in this case was as a non-patron which would award no Affinity.

Quote Originally Posted by SupermanSocks View Post
    This would be the cause. Without going into too many details about how it all works, you get one login bonus per day. Your login bonus in this case was as a non-patron which would award no Affinity.

But i have been patron for weeks . That is what I was saying my patron ran out weeks ago a day or two after this went on pts . I assumed todays hot fix would have fixed it was waiting to see if the after tomorrow it works . But was patron on log in today and have been for weeks
    I was only not patron for about 2 hours when I found out a couple weeks back
    Last edited by Kitasia; 12-02-2015 at 06:15 PM.

I'm still at 16 Affinity even after the latest hotfix.

Logged in and no bonus. Also been on the PTS for longer than 1hr with no point update.

started to move again

Quote Originally Posted by cmptrgeekken View Post
    What if, rather than a daily limit, it was a weekly point limit of 21pts? This could help cover the case where people raid log and play for 5+hrs on raid nights but don't play much the rest of week?
    Do mean a cap on the extra points you can get daily or a cap for the week in total (counting the daily login and extra points for playing 3 hours a day)? I'm a little confused about what you want capped.

As it now stands, you can get 35 points weekly just for logging in once a day, every day. Then, on top of that, you have an opportunity to get 21 more points if you happen to login everyday and play for 3 hours each day. That makes a total of potential weekly points of *math sounds* 56 points weekly.
    Last edited by Ahnani; 12-03-2015 at 08:44 AM.

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #44

Hey all, thought I'd hop in for a quick announcement that we've running a test and have changed some values on the PTS regarding Affinity. For now (PTS only), it should tick once per minute rather than once per hour and the cap has been raised to 300. The login bonus remains the same at 5 per day.

Any feedback regarding noticing/not noticing your Affinity gains on a per minute basis or as a login bonus would be appreciated. Feel free to post them here or PM me.

Edit: As mentioned in another post, Affinity gain is calculated in minutes so logging out and back in will reset your Affinity gain time for the duration of this test.
    Last edited by RoughRaptors; 12-03-2015 at 08:36 PM.

The affinity points are ticking at a constant rate for me and the login bonus worked. Doesn't seem to be negatively affected by logging in and out either.
    Last edited by Coldsprite; 12-03-2015 at 07:44 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast