+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Affinity Points are not Accruing Over Initial 5 on First Login

Yea, there's something weird going on with Affinity points.

I had 8 yesterday and logging in/leaving char afk for 1hr+ didn't change the Affinity points. I logged off and back in/closed game client/etc and it didn't change.

However, when I logged on today it was at 14 Affinity. It seems like the Affinity points don't get updated until perhaps after daily reset or something like that.

One of the engineers really needs to explain how this all works so we can properly test it out and give proper feedback on whether or not it's working properly.

Quick Feedback:
    • Affinity point gain should be in real-time, not a couple hours later, otherwise you're going to get a lot of CS tickets.

I've got a kind of random question that might be worth looking in to.

Do you get one point for playing for an hour in one play session, or can they be acquired over multiple play sessions?

Like, lets say my game crashed and my timer for getting a point was at like 40/60, does that timer reset?
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

To add to what Nithydux said, a few more questions:
    • How much Affinity do we get for daily login as Patron? (assuming 5).
    • How much Affinity do we get per hour of play time as Patron? (assuming 1).
    • What is the hour-based cap per day?
    • When does Affinity points we've earned for the day get added to our currency tab? It doesn't seem to update automatically.
    • On the same lines as Nithydux's question, does being afk (with the "(afk)") symbol or typing /afk in-game affect the hour-based timer?
    • Does location matter? For instance, does the timer stop if we are in an area that gives the Well Rested buff? (like a city?).
    • Is Affinity account-wide or region-wide?

I'm guessing Trion will have an article up 'Exploring Affinity' or something like that so hopefully all these questions are answered then - but being able to know what to test on the PTS would probably save a bit of trouble before this goes Live.

If anyone is online during tomorrow's RIFT Livestream (11:30AM PST on 25th Nov), it would be awesome if you could ask them to clarify/detail the Affinity system. I doubt 4 bosses will take up the entire 45min segment so there's probably going to be a small Q&A session.

(Also, whilst typing this out I got 1 Affinity Point reward shown on my character - animation and all. However, I'm still at 14 Affinity, not 15. Completely logging off, closing RIFT and Glyph and logging back in updated it to 15. Would be much better if Affinity was rewarded in real tiime.)
    Last edited by Jonus; 11-24-2015 at 05:53 PM.

I have been at 8 points ever since My patron ran out and I resubed I have been on the pts for at least a hour every day but 1

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    [*]What is the hour-based cap per day?
    If there is a cap on affinity points I will legit cry. I've been waiting for an opportunity to get a non RNG Levitate and Arclight Rider, and it has finally come. If there's a cap, it's going to kill the whole idea for me.
    -= Faeblight =-

Quote Originally Posted by Nithydux View Post
    If there is a cap on affinity points I will legit cry. I've been waiting for an opportunity to get a non RNG Levitate and Arclight Rider, and it has finally come. If there's a cap, it's going to kill the whole idea for me.
    They mentioned in the 3.5 livestream that there's an hourly cap per day. Didn't mention how many hours though.

"Patrons get a few points for hourly play time (up to a cap). Cap not revealed."

Edit 27th Nov:

I was at 14 Affinity on the 24th Nov. I gained 2 at some point, but even though I've logged in each day and tried staying on for at least 1-2hrs each day, I'm stuck at 16 for the last two days. Either Trion stopped Affinity point gain or something's wrong.
    Last edited by Jonus; 11-27-2015 at 10:12 AM.

I'm still stuck at 16 Affinity despite logging in every day. I'm beginning to think either Trion stopped them from being gained, or, they only update once per server reset/patch. Since the PTS was being updated daily earlier on, that's probably why we say the Affinity update when we relogged.

Since there's been no PTS Updates for a few days now, that might explain why Affinity isn't going up.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #23

In regards to the affinity login bonus not working properly, I'm working on a fix. We just tracked down the problem, thanks for the report.

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #24

Thought I'd pop in to clear up some questions and confusion regarding the Affinity system and how it works on the back end. Also, just to throw it in, all numbers below regarding Affinity gains are always subject to change :-P.

Affinity is a spendable currency that you can use within the Affinity category in the store. As a patron, you gain Affinity at a rate of one per 60 minutes logged in up to three per day, and five per day as a once a day login bonus. These reset during the normal reset times (4:00 AM server time). As mentioned in my previous post, the reset is currently not working and this issue should hopefully be fixed soon.

Affinity itself is region wide, similar to minions. You can gain Affinity on both the NA and EU cluster, but it will be a separate value meaning you cannot double up. All of your characters on that cluster should share your Affinity amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Nithydux View Post
    Do you get one point for playing for an hour in one play session, or can they be acquired over multiple play sessions?

Like, lets say my game crashed and my timer for getting a point was at like 40/60, does that timer reset?
    It is acquired over multiple game sessions. For example, say you log in at 4:00 PM and log out at 4:30 PM. You have a total time of 30 minutes logged. You can now log back in at any time (let's just say 6:00 PM), and at 6:30 PM you should gain one Affinity assuming you have not reached your three a day cap.

For a TLDR here are some in-line responses in red.

• How much Affinity do we get for daily login as Patron? (assuming 5).
    • How much Affinity do we get per hour of play time as Patron? (assuming 1).
    • What is the hour-based cap per day?
    • When does Affinity points we've earned for the day get added to our currency tab? It doesn't seem to update automatically.
      This should update in real time. I left a client running on PTS today with the Affinity tab on the store open and minimized, an hour later I came back and it had increased without touching my client at all. If you don't see this behavior please let me know with as many specifics as possible
    • On the same lines as Nithydux's question, does being afk (with the "(afk)") symbol or typing /afk in-game affect the hour-based timer?
      Being AFK does not change Affinity gain
    • Does location matter? For instance, does the timer stop if we are in an area that gives the Well Rested buff? (like a city?).
      Location does not matter
    • Is Affinity account-wide or region-wide?
      Region wide

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Thanks for clarification!

Thanks for the info RR!

Just to expand on the whole timer-based count...does it 'reset' after daily reset and/or has this been tested to make sure it doesn't?

I.e. in your example you had 4pm-4:30pm and then 6-6:30pm which counts as 1hr (30+30).

However, what if you did 30min from 2am-2:30am (Day 1) and then 30min from 5am-5:30am (Day 2) (i.e. 30min before daily reset, 30min after daily reset)? Would that count as 1hr, or 30min? Does the timer reset to 0 after 4am?
    And would it count as 1hr towards Day 1's 3hr cap, or 1hr towards Day 2's 3hr cap...or something like 30min towards Day 2's 3hr cap?

Just in case that didn't make sense: Let's say you do 30min Day 1, 30min Day 2. That's 1hr = 1 Affinity point. Does the system work in a way that it only rewards 3 Affinity points max for hrs per reset, or does it count time?
    i.e. 30min Day 1 30min Day 2 = 1 Affinity Point on Day 2 with 30min spent in-game. If I spend another 2hrs in-game, I'd have the max 3 Affinity. That's 2hrs 30min into Day 2. Will the last 30min count towards Day 3's hours....or will it stop counting at 2hrs 30min in (because I now have earned 3 Affinity points from hrs played on Day 2)?

I'm still a little confused at this part.
    Last edited by Jonus; 11-30-2015 at 05:25 PM.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #27

Just to expand on the whole timer-based count...does it 'reset' after daily reset and/or has this been tested to make sure it doesn't?

However, what if you did 30min from 2am-2:30am (Day 1) and then 30min from 5am-5:30am (Day 2) (i.e. 30min before daily reset, 30min after daily reset)? Would that count as 1hr, or 30min?
    And would it count as 1hr towards Day 1's 3hr cap, or 1hr towards Day 2's 3hr cap...or something like 30min towards Day 2's 3hr cap?
    So that gets a bit complicated, to be fair I should probably double check it to make sure it's correct but the way it should work (and the way I set it up to work) is this:

Every day (4:00 AM to 3:59 AM) you are allocated 3 "ticks" of Affinity gain. If you log in at 3:30 AM (day 1), log out at 3:45 AM, and log back in at 4:30 AM (day two) your "ticks" will be reset back to 0 so you will gain an Affinity point after 45 minutes (5:15 AM).

Basically the really simple way to say it is that the Affinity you gain based on time played does not care about the time of day or the reset at all. The only thing that matters regarding the reset is if you can actually gain the affinity or not.

timezones/time math is hard

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #28

Also I just put in a fix for the 3 "ticks" a day and the daily login bonus not resetting properly under certain conditions. It should hopefully go out with the next PTS update.

Quote Originally Posted by SupermanSocks View Post
    up to three per day

/tenchars
    -= Faeblight =-

Sweet! Thanks for the clarification RR!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast