+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dimples

Thread: Bag and Chat Window UI Displacement Issues

Default Bag and Chat Window UI Displacement Issues

Noticing a rather annoying bug. My right-most chat window randomly decides to move half-way off the screen. Same with my bags.

It seems every time I move to a different zone, have to load map (like when moving through areas around Margle Palace) or type /reloadui, the chat window goes a little more to the right and my inventory gets screwed up a little more.

Never had this happen to me before in the game. This is with the latest PTS Update; and I play the game in windowed mode (not fullscreen windowed). My chat window is Locked, but still moves when I /reloadui or load up the loading screen.

Here's an album. Shows me in Master Mode Dummy Foundry, having re-arranged my bags and right-most chat window to look normal. Then various /reloadui or loading screens due to map change causes things to start moving to the right.

Here's another two images below. This time I tried testing if it makes any difference if I move my bags to the center of the screen and move my chat window so it isn't touching the edge of the screen. The bags don't go completely to the right anymore, but there's clearly been some 'movement'. And of course, the chat window is half-way off the game window.

And then after a /reloadui.

I've had that issue ever since I started RIft. After a while all bags are reset and end up being stacked on top of each other and I have to sort them again.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by trionsaur REX View Post
    I've had that issue ever since I started RIft. After a while all bags are reset and end up being stacked on top of each other and I have to sort them again.
    Same here, very annoying ... If anyone has any idea how to fix this, it would make my day

Hotfix #3 - 14 October, 2015
    UI AND SETTINGS

- Note: If player has Global UI scale enabled and resizes the window, UI elements jump to unexpected positions. This is a bug and will be fixed in a future hotfix.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As mentioned in the patch notes this latest "fix" only affected when one's Global UI Settings was other than 100%, this is not true. For me, it's no matter what settings you have is when I'm affected.

Now upon every opening/closing of the bags, they randomly appear "somewhere". With the majority of the time totally off the screen and inaccessible. Having to use the "Reset Bag Position" button every time I open/close my bags is beyond being frustrated. What also occurs is that individually selecting a bag results with the same behavior as opening/closing all bags at once.

Honestly, the way it was previously was far more preferable than to what it is now. Even though the previous hot fix borked up the hot bars by no longer allowing them to be positioned partially off-screen. I only wanted 5 Hotbar spaces available, instead of 12. Though I did try moving the icons to the first 5 slots and then turned off the "Always Show All Action Bars" setting and make it look like I had only the number I wanted visible. The challenge with that is the remaining 7 Hotbar slots that are now stuck across the screen make moving/targeting a challenge as they're not click-through capable.

The only "fix" right now that works for me is to never close my bags, zone to a different location, or never log out (as that is considered zoning in to a different location).

So not a happy camper after these past 2 hotfixbrokes.
    Last edited by Dimples; 10-14-2015 at 08:53 AM.
    Dimples Warrior Tank * If she flashes her dimples at you, it may cause pleasurable blindness.
    Dweia Rogue Tank * Nothing seems to express happiness quite as much as purring.
    Laurie Cleric Tank * Life without Love, is like chocolate cake made without sugar.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by trionsaur REX View Post
    It's not the same bug. It's different.

Edit: Also, lol now the quest dialog box will move around if you're accepting multiple quests (like crafting dailies.) lol amazin
    Last edited by Riane; 10-14-2015 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimples View Post
    Hotfix #3 - 14 October, 2015
    UI AND SETTINGS

- Note: If player has Global UI scale enabled and resizes the window, UI elements jump to unexpected positions. This is a bug and will be fixed in a future hotfix.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As mentioned in the patch notes this latest "fix" only affected when one's Global UI Settings was other than 100%, this is not true. For me, it's no matter what settings you have is when I'm affected.

Now upon every opening/closing of the bags, they randomly appear "somewhere". With the majority of the time totally off the screen and inaccessible. Having to use the "Reset Bag Position" button every time I open/close my bags is beyond being frustrated. What also occurs is that individually selecting a bag results with the same behavior as opening/closing all bags at once.

Honestly, the way it was previously was far more preferable than to what it is now. Even though the previous hot fix borked up the hot bars by no longer allowing them to be positioned partially off-screen. I only wanted 5 Hotbar spaces available, instead of 12. Though I did try moving the icons to the first 5 slots and then turned off the "Always Show All Action Bars" setting and make it look like I had only the number I wanted visible. The challenge with that is the remaining 7 Hotbar slots that are now stuck across the screen make moving/targeting a challenge as they're not click-through capable.

The only "fix" right now that works for me is to never close my bags, zone to a different location, or never log out (as that is considered zoning in to a different location).

So not a happy camper after these past 2 hotfixbrokes.
    Not happy either - every one of my toons now has bags that simply do not stay where they are put. I have to rearrange them every time I reopen them. Exporting/importing UI doesn't help at all. I was using Imhothar's Bags, so I thought that might be the issue (no update to that addon for the current game version as yet) - but actually, it's marginally BETTER with the addon active than without.

The "fix" made it SO much worse.... I'm running windowed mode at 1440x900, with window locked.
    Last edited by Narcise; 10-14-2015 at 09:38 AM.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Well, this is frustrating.

I was hoping the fact it appeared in yesterday's PTS Update that it was something that would be fixed before being implemented on Live.

As I stated in my first post, I've never had bag/chat window repositioning issues prior. Now with the latest hotfix my right chat window is slowly creeping off the screen with every loading screen and every time I close the Settings window or exit out of Edit Layout. Bags also all over the place.

Hopefully there's a hotfix tomorrow and I don't have to put up with this for an entire week.
    Last edited by Jonus; 10-14-2015 at 11:12 AM.

Just wanted to add one more thing before i quit for the day. I cannot even use the porticulum master or click on my Portal generator. It will not display the map in either case so I can port somewhere else very sad panda !
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Every time I join a group, the raid frames move off the screen into the upper left hand corner. I can see it's the upper left hand corner, as I can just see the right edge of which ever group was the farthest on the right. I have my groups connected like, left side of Group 4 is attached to the right side of Group 3, which is attached to the right side Group 2, which is attached to the right side of Group 1, which I have attached to my Chat Window, which is attached to the bottom of the screen, in the left hand corner.

Same thing occurs with the Party Frame that appear as a Raid Frame. I have "Use raid frames for parties" checked in Settings | Interface | Display. When I first join a group, it moves into the upper left hand corner of the screen, and same thing as for raids to correct it temporarily. Just have to hope that no one dies or none leave the group in order for it to remain where it was originally. I can tell you that REALLY sucks when in a Healing Role.

If I press escape, and then choose "Edit Layout", the groups are back as they were placed originally before joining up. But if any one dies, or leaves the group, all the groups get moved back into the upper left hand corner of the screen.

Right now, being in a group or raid is completely out of the question. I now load up and play the game "RIFT, Solo player version - with bags and windows that randomly move wherever they feel like moving to."

My apologies for the dig in the name, but I'm really that frustrated with how things work as of this latest patch.
    Dimples Warrior Tank * If she flashes her dimples at you, it may cause pleasurable blindness.
    Dweia Rogue Tank * Nothing seems to express happiness quite as much as purring.
    Laurie Cleric Tank * Life without Love, is like chocolate cake made without sugar.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Unknown

Rift Master

I have always had the bag issue, it seems much worse the last few days. I have always just accepted that the game is just going to put the bags where they want to put them. But now they are getting cut off on the side of the screen making it hard to access the items in the bags on the far right of my screen. The side of the bag keeps going outside of the playable game screen. No matter how many times I adjust it it keeps reverting back.

+ Reply to Thread