+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Quest Bug Report

Smile Quest Bug Report

I would like to report some problems of quests.
    I am always a quest addict so these problems really make me carzy.

To start up, the first one is Hail to the King.

I can't hand it in so to start Act 2. Jonus told me in the other post that it's a broken questline.So be it.

Next is Carnage:Mogoi at Skyward Descent

The tracking mark given to me leads me to cosmic steps not skyward descent.And when I check the mark,it says the mobs are above me! But there is the blue sky above me,nothing else! I remembered I had killed two of them somewhere but I can't remember where.

ok,move to the next.Clear the skies

It seems only the first two platforms with jumping spot work.When I use the jumping spot of the second platform, no matter which side I choose, it just bounces me back to the ground! Hey They's why I only got 2 Rods finished.

The fourth one is Threee Heads are better than one.

This is a daily for notoriety of Shal Korva. It's totally fine with the quest.But!Sometimes the commune button once you reach the statue refuses to pop up! And Sometimes it pops up like a second then disappears!!You know what! I have to give the quest up and run all the way back to start it over!

At last, I want to add something that you may concern a little bit. Some of the quest required things that are supposed to be on the groud are floating in the air. Haha, funny. Like such:

Ok That's what I found so far. If anything new I encounter, I will post them here.
    Gastby@Laethys Guild Info & Live Stream & Guild Promotion Video
    “Hold our hands ,we are not alone”

Default Quest: Spirit Busters

I've had the same issues as Gastby with pretty much all the carnage quests. They don't show the proper location on the map. The same is true of some gathering nodes. I've also seen several floating thalasite nodes.

The quest Spirit Busters isn't working right. The bugg lasted long enough for me to chase away 6 of the 8 needed. I came back later and spoke with the NPC to get the buff again. The buff shows as being granted, but I see no spirits.

Another carnage quest, killing the wolf Teth (can't think of her name), granted me rewards for killing several other Teth as well. It didn't change in the achievement(which was correct since I didn't kill them) but I got void stones for them.
    Last edited by Tirwen; 09-13-2015 at 05:53 AM.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gastby View Post
    Next is Carnage:Mogoi at Skyward Descent

The tracking mark given to me leads me to cosmic steps not skyward descent.And when I check the mark,it says the mobs are above me! But there is the blue sky above me,nothing else! I remembered I had killed two of them somewhere but I can't remember where.
    Yep, the map markers for almost all the Carnages are bad. They will be fixed soon.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Yep, the map markers for almost all the Carnages are bad. They will be fixed soon.
    I found out another several problems there at the site of WOE

This NPC is half way in the wall. Maybe he wants to hide from us and stop giving us quests? He has like 6 quests! And all of these quests are lack of discription and tracking marks so I don't know how to finish them.

For example;

Based on the description right there and without tracking mark, I really don't know where to buy this Skimisher's Bridgadine >.<

Another:

Without tracking mark, I guess I have to make a target macro to find this Wang of Woe. Is that the correct way to finish the quest? Maybe yes.I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirwen View Post
    Another carnage quest, killing the wolf Teth (can't think of her name), granted me rewards for killing several other Teth as well. It didn't change in the achievement(which was correct since I didn't kill them) but I got void stones for them.
    I have screen shots of this carnage quest. I just killed Tech Behabahr,then 4 of others came up.

There's also a problem with Clear the Shies. The first two rocks go fine. The third one has two air currents. Both of those actually put you on the ground instead of another rock.

I had an issue show up in the story quest where you have to confer with Usukhel and Khar. They went running off, and the quest didn't update. When I'd go back into the circle, Khar would say his lines, and then go running off again. I jumped up on a higher ledge and dropped down in the circle. Then, after Khar said his line, the quest updated.

Without tracking mark, I guess I have to make a target macro to find this Wang of Woe.
    You will find the Wang of Woe walking along the path to the SW of Woe, he will be a yellow NPC with 2 bodyguards, kill the guards and he drops the quest item.

Speaking of NPCs stuck in walls....

Quest: "Shi-Ming Rustle" - bring 10 sheep to Khon

Khon is invisible, stuck right in the wall at loc 8672 1061 5766

A /tar Khon macro will pick him out, otherwise you'll never see him

Quest: "Unconscionable Vandalism" - spray 5 statues with graffiti

Thanks to some help from Diorr, we managed to find only one statue at loc 9520 1072 5097 that was interactive with, simply use the quest item, wait for it to wear off, rinse and repeat to complete it but obviously not the way it's intended

Both these also reported in game via bug report but might as well throw them here as well.

Soulwalker

After update, NPC Gemt Bat is now missing.

Quote Originally Posted by verachte View Post
    Yes, You're right. I guess they want to place it on this platform but unfortunately it disappears

Quote Originally Posted by verachte View Post
    After the bigger 1.7GB or so update earlier in the week he was on that platform as well as still been half stuck in the wall, but like you say, he's now disappeared.

Already reported elsewhere "Quacking Like A Duck" works now, all map points are showing, quest looks impossible without them tbh

The daily "Three Heads are better than One" worked fine after the bigger update, "Clear The Skies" is still not working properly, only the first two rocks are accessible, it keeps throwing you back to the ground if you try to jump from the two air currents on rock two

Was able to finish the quest by redoing the first two rocks over three days, lastly, Act II still isn't active

The King's Legacy appears to be bugged. I couldn't find Khar, and another person had been trying a bunch of times to wake him but couldn't. The action bar actions say to target a Palace Denizen, so that may be the problem. Also a number of quest markers for Chapter 2 storyline are off.

Ok, found Khar on the table, which wasn't where the quest marker was or where the snoring was coming from last night. Cycling through the actions on Khar gives you the same dialogue as in Margle Palace - When will this nightmare end? We need to find the King. Also, the thing you click to get the reactives says it's an argument flag.
    Last edited by Tirwen; 09-19-2015 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirwen View Post
    The King's Legacy appears to be bugged.
    Here is a screen shot I took. The same bug as NPC Gemt Bat:

Rift Disciple

Here is a screen shot I took. The same bug as NPC Gemt Bat:

The fifth son isn't missing. He's just not where the quest marker suggests he is. He's on top of a rock near that area.

dior
    trinity
    MASTER OF THE WILD

The Fifth brother is a bit slightly SE of the indicated quest marker on map

/setwaypoint 12139 6035

Quest: 'The King's Legacy' - Step: Wake Khan. The reactive abilities you appear to have to use are the ones used on the introductory quest at Margle Palace, Dance, Bow or Cheer for a Palace Denizen so unable to wake Khar and quest chain is now stuck.[/QUOTE]

It seems that way and I can't wake him up either,

King's Legacy is working now, but ouch! I died 3 times the last fight. The final time, Usukhel and Khar finished him off before I got back, so it started over again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast