+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Devs, where do I sign up?

Quote Originally Posted by Dopeboy View Post
    OH WOW, i thought those guys were trolling when they were linking them in CE, thats pretty lame, maybe if they were to make a thread saying " WANT THE P.U.M.P.K.I.N MOUNT? TEST THIS!" they will get all the testers they need.
    http://i.imgur.com/loOKhLW.jpg Anyone can link the mount.

This just in, no one NA has that mount, confirmed by the best
    Zipplocbag NA 1st Zipplocbag

Critical Hit 10/11 HK | 4/4 IGP HM | T1 [x]

Quote Originally Posted by Dopeboy View Post
    This just in, no one NA has that mount, confirmed by the best
    That's not true. I've seen a few (I know Mex likes to run around TB in it). But it's really not a big deal. Sure, it sucks when devs play favorites (though if it was for feedback/testing new content, it's hardly playing favorites), but it happens. Nothing you can do about it.

To Solaura, You're annoyed that certain people are being awarded the mount for something other than the achievement it comes from, yet you're asking to be one of those people that annoys you.
    Last edited by Artewig; 09-07-2015 at 10:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Sword of Telara

I too have seen one running around TB on Greybriar.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

I couldn't give two monkeys about the mount.

What I do care is about being heard and this is what is discouraging about this. Its the fact that it is being openly shown that there are a select few who are unknown to most that are given much more attention when providing feedback than others who are just as capable. The most frustrating part about this is also how it is mostly done in private mediums.

I don't test for rewards, I test to give feedback on the stuff I will spend hours playing and my question is, what do I have to do to actually be listened to?
    Kerghann@Zaviel
    #1 Ninja puller/quitter #1 Flaring Powah User
    Who even knows/9 MoM
    YouTube Channel!

I was also a part of the group testing the new 5man. Where's my mount? Or is it for Apoth/Trinity members only?

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Sedvick; 09-07-2015 at 11:53 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Solaura View Post
    Where do I sign up to help test so I can get a mount that hasn't been obtained by anyone in my region? Or is that reserved for "special" people?

I didn't realize mounts that no one has obtained yet were being given out, especially since I never got anything for the many many hours I've put into pts in the past.

So wheres the sign up sheet? I'll test all day for you if P.U.M.P.K.I.N.S are being handed out.

P.S. I'm unemployed, I seriously could test all day

So you are complaining about a mount, which is only obtainable by getting Conqueror: Tyrant's Forge, being given to a member of a guild (probably one of 5 guilds) which can actually obtain such an achievement for spending countless hours on PTS test stuff, writing guides?

Meanwhile you build dimensions?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Solaura View Post
    Where do I sign up to help test so I can get a mount that hasn't been obtained by anyone in my region? Or is that reserved for "special" people?

I didn't realize mounts that no one has obtained yet were being given out, especially since I never got anything for the many many hours I've put into pts in the past.

So wheres the sign up sheet? I'll test all day for you if P.U.M.P.K.I.N.S are being handed out.

P.S. I'm unemployed, I seriously could test all day
    So you are complaining about a mount, which is only obtainable by getting Conqueror: Tyrant's Forge, being given to a member of a guild (probably one of 5 guilds) which can actually obtain such an achievement for spending countless hours on PTS test stuff, writing guides?

Meanwhile you build dimensions?

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    That's not true. I've seen a few (I know Mex likes to run around TB in it). But it's really not a big deal. Sure, it sucks when devs play favorites (though if it was for feedback/testing new content, it's hardly playing favorites), but it happens. Nothing you can do about it.

To Solaura, You're annoyed that certain people are being awarded the mount for something other than the achievement it comes from, yet you're asking to be one of those people that annoys you.
    I think she has two points, both of which are valid.

1) Don't play favorites. If you're going to reward testing, say it upfront and be consistent in rewarding testers.Give everyone the opportunity to earn the same reward. Don't try to argue "if you tested at the same time you would have gotten the same reward", Sedvick already shot that one down.

2) Give reasonable rewards. Unique titles, sure. Some amount of credits, sure. A mount that has been otherwise obtained, sure. Patron passes, sure.

Conquerer mounts? Not reasonable. Gear from current tier content? Not reasonable. Max loyalty? Not reasonable. Some boost (exp/token/whatever) that stacks with other boosts, which is otherwise unobtainable? Not reasonable.

Wilds pack? Would seem excessive, but maybe for catching/reporting a major bug. But at least this is otherwise obtainable.

Rift devs playing favorites shouldn't be a surprise to anyone by now. I do agree with ya op but hey it is what it is sadly.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2