+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Harbinger touch-up changes on PTS

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Harbinger touch-up changes on PTS

Hi all,

In today's PTS build, we pushed up some follow-up changes to our revamp of Harbinger from 3.3. The following changes are included:
    • Changed Storm Shroud to force 3 critical hits, instead of force one Eldritch Gift proc.
    • Storm Shroud's cooldown reduced down to 30 seconds. Storm Shroud's stealth duration reduced down to 4 seconds.
    • Storm Shroud no longer breaks on damage taken.
    • Empyrean Ascension now increases damage dealt by 40%, up from 25%.
    • Rending Slash applies 1 stack of 9% debuff instead of 3 stacks of 3% debuff.
    • Combat Mastery now also reduces damage taken by 5%.
    • Rending Slash's damage has been reduced by 4%.

Why these changes, you ask? We're happy Harbinger's viable in PvE, but want to address several QoL issues as well as improve its PvP viability. Additionally, we want to make 61 points in Harbinger feel more attractive as a damage-dealing option than the 54-point hybrid build, allowing you to choose between sacrificing some damage for good raid healing utility or being a full-on damage machine.

So please, harbinger players, take the spec for a spin on the PTS and post parses in this thread. I think there's a possibility that the spec's net damage will be too high with this current list of changes, so we may have to tune down some attack values in the near future. That said, I hope you find these changes make Harbinger more fun to play, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Ascendant

First... sounds like 61 harb will be top dps again. Thanks.

Sword of Telara

Looks good at a first glance, will need to play with it more when I'm awake.

We're still stuck with hailstorm, and storm shroud will break solo combat preventing you from using the offensive bonuses. But for the stuff that actually matters it looks much more promising than before.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Can you change Furious Assault back to 1s global cooldown for all Mage abilities so we have some hybrids to test against these changes.

Also move Hailstorm higher in the Stormcaller tree, by lowing Lightning Storm.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    Additionally, we want to make 61 points in Harbinger feel more attractive as a damage-dealing option than the 54-point hybrid build, allowing you to choose between sacrificing some damage for good raid healing utility or being a full-on damage machine.
    And these changes look like they should address that. I've always felt EA was too weak, even after the buffs it got last time it got a pass. This and the Storm Shroud change should definitely help Harb's burst issues.

Phs

When the qq starts flooding in because it's doing way too high damage in pve, can Hailstorm being a major factor be addressed. Hailstorm is a problem in pvp and pve.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    Changed Storm Shroud to force 3 critical hits, instead of force one Eldritch Gift proc.
    No offense, but why this, vs. increased proc chance for some time or something? Rogues asked for this with the Marksman revamp repeatedly with Bull eye, and Vladd continually shot it down.

Telaran

Is there a chance storm shroud and the forced crit could be separated? It's difficult to parse as using storm shroud ends most meters.

Z
    Last edited by Zerofate; 09-04-2015 at 05:17 PM.
    Zerofate@faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Zerofate View Post
    Is there a chance storm shroud and the forced crit could be separated? It's difficult to parse as using storm shroud ends most meters.

Z
    Use the elementalist pet to keep you in combat on the dummies.
    Kerghann@Zaviel
    #1 Ninja puller/quitter #1 Flaring Powah User
    Who even knows/9 MoM
    YouTube Channel!

Telaran

oh, good idea. Thanks

Z
    Zerofate@faeblight

Have I been the only one playing 61 harb in PvP and PvE before these changes were ever announced and was/still is wrecking face doing so?

What's the deal with the 54 hybrid? From someone who has no clue.
    Last edited by Nithydux; 09-04-2015 at 05:42 PM.
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

Could you please move Hailstorm up the tree in stormcaller too?

I like the new changes. I like them a lot.

It cover the lack of burst problem but we still got Hailstorm and blade toggling problem from Stormcaller hurting Harbinger.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nithydux View Post
    Have I been the only one playing 61 harb in PvP and PvE before these changes were ever announced and was/still is wrecking face doing so?

What's the deal with the 54 hybrid? From someone who has no clue.
    61 harb in PvP is pure crap.
    That's what those changes are for.

The reason people play 54 chlorobinger is because it provide free heals for close to no DPS loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    61 harb in PvP is pure crap.
    Well I look forward to melting face even more effectively than I already do. Forced Tempest Winds crits sound fun.
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

Important note for people testing:
    Storm Shroud crit buff when used with Tempest Winds seems to force crit both the first tick AND the last tick of the attack even if it's the stack of Storm Shroud crit buff.
    It also only consume 1 stack of the crit buff no matter how many stack you have left. So Tempest winds at 3 stacks will consume 1 stack and force crit the first and last tick of Tempest Winds. Making Tempest Winds the most viable ability to use with Storm Shroud

Edit:
    My DPS seems to be floating around ~90k in the dummy foundry with the test gear.
    I highly doubt I'm at the most optimal rotation. (Being mostly a tank in raid, I rarely play 61 Harbinger in PvE other than dungeons)
    Spec being 61 harb/13 sc/2 ele
    Harbinger touch-up changes on PTS-parsepts.jpgHarbinger touch-up changes on PTS-statspts.jpg
    Last edited by Snap; 09-04-2015 at 08:45 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast