+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: September 2015 Update(s) to the PTS

PTS just updated again. Any new info?

Just logged in and didn't get a welcome screen.

The new weapons now have names and icons. Warrior shield finally doesn't have a black shader skin

Bob's UI seems to be bugged. If you click anywhere it changes to the store.

EDIT: Any NPC that uses the store interface opens up the store if you click anywhere.
    Last edited by Boase; 10-02-2015 at 01:40 PM.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    Any NPC that uses the store interface opens up the store if you click anywhere.
    Not just that, i tried to buy a few armor sets from some vendors around Shal Korva (were new wardrobe skins for a few silver) and each time, not only could i not preview them because the Rift Store UI kept coming up but every time all i 'purchased' was the spider mount you get from lucky coins and got charged lucky coins

Shadowlander

Just wondering .. if anyone seen fps improvements visible when raiding or moving in Tempest Keep when running latest PTS version?
    Pegatron IPMMB-FM (intel Z75) + Intel i7 2600@3.9Ghz / 2 x 4 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR 1600Mhz / Cooler Master Force 500
    120 GB Kingston HyperX Fury / Gigabyte Radeon R9 290X 4 GB / SilentiumPC Vero L1 500W / Windows 10 Pro x64 (thx Irabank!)

Small patch today.

I randomly went to Mounts tab on store and there are 3 Crab mounts under 155% for 15k each. Singing Devourer is down to 10k now aswell. Mount training 3.5k plat.

I just went to character creation and I can't pick Primalist anymore (haven't bought it). Rip.
    Last edited by Boase; 10-03-2015 at 11:04 AM.
    T for Trinity
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

General of Telara

Small patch today.

I randomly went to Mounts tab on store and there are 3 Crab mounts under 155% for 15k each. Singing Devourer is down to 10k now aswell. Mount training 3.5k plat.

Wow I'm not happy they reduced the cost of the Singing Devourer I lost 20k on that! Its not like its the rarest mount in game atm- there was no reason to lower the cost. WTB refund.

The new 15k mounts have nice new skins it seems. I also noticed they don't have a credit cost atm. I say they leave them at plat only to encourage more rex sales.

Edit: Red Crabnarok's tooltip says its a 60% or matching mount. It should be a 155% or matching like the other 2.
    Last edited by Accol; 10-03-2015 at 11:48 AM.

One of the key problems I found with the Singing Devourer was that its only benefit was the 155% mount speed at the time it was released (and it was a short-lived benefit since the Cobalt Crabnarok lockbox came out).

It was a nice idea to place a mount at 30k plat to remove some plat from the rich end of town, but poorly executed imo. If Trion had introduced a new mount type only obtainable via large amounts of plat, it would have probably been bought out by a lot more HNW players, instead of the Singing Devourer, which is exactly the same as the much cheaper Bounding Devourer (besides the 155% mount speed).
    Last edited by Jonus; 10-03-2015 at 12:34 PM.

So no more testing of Primalist unless you have bought the 100$ pack?

Or am I missing a way to unlock Primalist on the PTS?
    Kerghann@Zaviel
    #1 Ninja puller/quitter #1 Flaring Powah User
    Who even knows/9 MoM
    YouTube Channel!

Phs

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    It was a nice idea to place a mount at 30k plat to remove some plat from the rich end of town, but poorly executed imo. If Trion had introduced a new mount type only obtainable via large amounts of plat, it would have probably been bought out by a lot more HNW players, instead of the Singing Devourer, which is exactly the same as the much cheaper Bounding Devourer (besides the 155% mount speed).
    I'd say it was poorly executed also because 30k was too high. The people who could afford that just buy lockbox mounts - trade for better looking mounts. Target the 'middle class' players. Pay 5k for it and then just use Auto-scaling mounts for looks. I'd be sinking that 5k away from the economy much sooner than if I actually hated myself and saved up 10/30k.

Like assume 400p a week from plat raiding. That's 13 weeks without any other source of plat for a 5k mount. Then 25 weeks for 10k. Give or take if you do master modes, other plat income. Note that f2p plat cap is still around 2.5k? With rex passing that soon it will be impossible for f2pers to get a 155% mount.

/shrug. Trion gotta make money, money, grind, grind.
    Last edited by Phs; 10-03-2015 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phs View Post
    I'd say it was poorly executed also because 30k was too high. The people who could afford that just buy lockbox mounts - trade for better looking mounts. Target the 'middle class' players. Pay 5k for it and then just use Auto-scaling mounts for looks. I'd be sinking that 5k away from the economy much sooner than if I actually hated myself and saved up 10/30k.

Like assume 400p a week from plat raiding. That's 13 weeks without any other source of plat for a 5k mount. Then 25 weeks for 10k. Give or take if you do master modes, other plat income. Note that f2p plat cap is still around 2.5k? With rex passing that soon it will be impossible for f2pers to get a 155% mount.

/shrug. Trion gotta make money, money, grind, grind.

Just forced people to buy the 3-4k Crabnarok lockbox mount for a 155%.

Quote Originally Posted by Hababa View Post

Well its coming out in like 4 days and you had 3+ weeks to try it/make one?
    Last edited by Boase; 10-03-2015 at 03:57 PM.
    T for Trinity

Just forced people to buy the 3-4k Crabnarok lockbox mount for a 155%.

Well its coming out in like 4 days and you had 3+ weeks to try it/make one?
    I have one but cannot change any souls or swap roles.

It's not a case of wanting to "try it". I didn't do the testing for fun, I did it to give feedback and to also learn the specs to make some dps guides for when it is ready. I can't do any of that at the moment.
    Kerghann@Zaviel
    #1 Ninja puller/quitter #1 Flaring Powah User
    Who even knows/9 MoM
    YouTube Channel!

General of Telara

Most of the mounts I buy I don't really use. I buy them just to collect them. When I look back at what the Singing Devourer offered before, it didn't offer a new skin and it didn't offer a reasonable way to get 155% speed. The only reason to get it was to collect it.

When I look at the new cost of the Singing Devourer it still doesn't offer a new skin and it still doesn't offer a reasonable way to get 155% speed. Buying a 155% lock box mount off the AH for less than 10k is still reasonable. The only reason to buy it for 10k on Wed is to collect it. Changing the cost to 10k solves and changes nothing. It just screws the people that paid 30k.

I have one but cannot change any souls or swap roles.

It's not a case of wanting to "try it". I didn't do the testing for fun, I did it to give feedback and to also learn the specs to make some dps guides for when it is ready. I can't do any of that at the moment.
    Yea it's a little strange. They still need feedback but now only those who have unlocked the calling can provide it? Also, they only just mentioned testing out the Primalist on their livestream on Friday where they mentioned you should hop on fast because when 3.4 hits it'll no longer be available.

Since the update, it seems those who watched the livestream only had a few hours...perhaps to download the PTS only to find out it's not available anymore 4 days prior to launch.

You cant creat new primalist on PTS.But the primalist that I created during the testing is still there.
    Thanks Trion for not deleting it or will they delete it after 3.4 goes live?
    Last edited by Gastby; 10-03-2015 at 05:27 PM.
    Gastby@Laethys Guild Info & Live Stream & Guild Promotion Video
    “Hold our hands ,we are not alone”

By the way, this went in a couple of patches ago, but Rift Guard is now just plain old %mitigation, instead of an absorb shield.

(Functionally, it's more or less identical to the old version.)
    Last edited by Muspel; 10-03-2015 at 08:52 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast