+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: August 2015 Update(s) to the PTS

Default August 2015 Update(s) to the PTS

Seeing as it's already August the 25th and people were slacking, here's a nice, new Thread

A tasty 1.44GB update just hit the PTS last night but unfortunately it's "locked" down tight, time to get to work Jonus

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Seeing as it's already August the 25th and people were slacking, here's a nice, new Thread

A tasty 1.44GB update just hit the PTS last night but unfortunately it's "locked" down tight, time to get to work Jonus

Apparently it was unlocked for a bit right after the update finished and people could get into PTW. So I assume its being locked down intentionally till after the reveal at PAX.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

August hasn't had much in terms of PTS Updates/Datamining that we don't already know of (like a Battle for Bronze Tomb loading screen...nothing exciting). The Reaver changes have already been mentioned in the PTS sub-forum...other than that... the 'biggest' change is that Quest log now has collapse all/expand all buttons. Very big change /s.

Was going to just combine an August/Sept thread, but since this thread is here I'll post the latest update info here when PTS pops up.

Currently downloading each file from the latest update. Just from the looks of it, the majority are probably edits to existing files or map files. ~130 and under patch_# pak files usually contain old stuff/map/basic texture .nif files (like sand, dirt, trees/etc). So probably some further optimization changes.

Red Hawk posted up that the latest update has the Shielding changes, that makes max shielding at 50% of max hp. Some of the files probably contain changes to damage from existing boss encounters (if those have already been adjusted).

Gone through most of the files. Should have the article up a few hours after I wake up tomorrow (so in around 8-10hrs' time).

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    Gone through most of the files. Should have the article up a few hours after I wake up tomorrow (so in around 8-10hrs' time).
    I just wanted to thank you for the work you do in keeping people updated on the changes on RIFT PTS. I, for one, have appreciated it. Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by Ahnastashia; 08-25-2015 at 06:25 AM.

Plane Touched

Yep, PTW was open when the shards were online, but the things I saw were very much still a WIP so I wouldn't be surprised if it was opened by accident.

(Btw, the new Port design is neat!)

Edit: Just got another update, much smaller though, around 173MB for playable.
    Last edited by m12342; 08-25-2015 at 10:39 AM.
    Mononic - Faeblight

The Planetouched Wilds isn't open, however the lockout wall has been pushed back a few meters allowing you to see part of the map.

The port to the PTW map doesn't currently work it, same is trying to teleport to the port within the map. It just teleports you to Droughtlands.

Also the 61-65 chest from the Mr. SL Raid 1 have been removed.
    Last edited by Burninalways; 08-25-2015 at 11:27 AM.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Sword of Telara

You can also target one mob through the wall (do /tar ky and you'll get it) but no way to do anything with that as far as I can see.

It has no carnage associated with it, though, and has 314k life. That seems like more than the TG level 65 normal mobs...
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

General of Telara

August 2015 Update(s) to the PTS-2015-08-25_163634.jpg

Any ideas on what this is?

Sugar is a trainer recipe, it uses 2 vender mats that cost 10.5p each. So it seems these Lucky Fortune Biscuits are 100% vender mats and crafted by survivalists.

Updated to: August 24th 2015, TEST-303-13-A-1031643. [Datamining]
    Size: ~1.45GB.Briefly:
    • Planetouched Wilds ("PTW") Map finally revealed! There's a ~34MB HD version of the map for anyone who wants to see all the fine details.
    • Rhaza'de Canyon Map. The dungeon's map.
    • PTW Wardrobe skins including one for each type of weapon, an orange PTW wardrobe outfit and the Callweddi Fae outfit Dead Simon showed off in last week's livestream.
    • PTW Mob Skins. More mob skins, including a massive crystal dino skin, Shalistiri skins, a lizard-man mob, Bahmi abomination and Pink Badger. A few other rigs.
    • Various PTW Architecture Skins, including several blue wolf banners. Probably a new faction.
    • Shal Korva models have been updated, now with more blimps and wind sails!
    • Various PTW-related sound files. Nothing much of any real interest.
    • 'Victorious!' and 'Defeated!'; probably existing warfront text. There's also 3 blood splatter skins...not sure if it's related to warfronts.

Some pretty big reveals with latest datamining. Looks like Trion's been updating quite a bit of the zone since the latest PTW-related update.

@Ahnastashia - Glad you find them useful! It's nice to know what's coming up and the articles are a great reference tool for me personally as well since I'm rather forgetful.

@Burninalways - Looks like they're gearing up for public testing. My guess is that the teleport device only works for those whose accounts are flagged for testing. We'll probably learn more info with PAX Prime since in last week's livestream they mentioned exact testing dates would be announced this week.

@Foolio - Nice find! Haven't gone on the PTS yet so I'll be sure to take a look at that!

@Accol - I'm thinking it's just a fluff vfx or 'food' item. The dimension item sounds like another interactive 'crafting station' that will be useable in dimensions. Given that Survivalist can craft from wherever, I'm guessing this new 'food' item can only be crafted from there.

Another possibility is that it's somehow related to the Kubara Sakti dimension item that is coming in 3.4. Could be that you need to have the buff from this Lucky Fortune Biscuit in order to progress on the chain of activities required to get the Cosmic Rhinoceros Carving. Pure speculation though and I could be completely off the mark.

If you go on PTS right now and under uncollected wardrobe search "_" the test weapons you have images for will come up if you need to look at models.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Sword of Telara

/tar cannon reveals a level 1 invisible friendly "cannon" thingy by the portal, probably just a technical mob which is accidentally targetable like those in other NT areas. There are 2 types of hostile mobs, the other type has half the health but looks the same. I forget the names of them both, but if you just try /tar random letters along the border you'll probably find something.

Everything seems to have an unusually large target range like Crucia in Seratos or Dalendel (sp?) the reanimated in TG.

I tried swimming to get to see more of the map. Unfortunately there are invisible barriers stopping you from swimming from either freemarch or EI. Maybe if you could enter the southern sea it might be possible, but I have no idea how you might go about doing that.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

@Boase - Nice, I'll be sure to check out the wardrobes!

@Foolio - Hmm, that's interesting. Will need to do some digging on that. Maybe it's there to protect against mobs (the cannon). Or just placeholder that they forgot to delete. Could also be quest-related that only shows up during a quest.

@Accol - Okay, just got on the PTS and I'm surprised the Lucky Fortune Bundle is in Chests & Keys and for Credits-only. Wonder if it temporarily boosts your chance at getting a mount or other rare item from a lockbox? Oddly enough, when you click on it, it shows the entire Rasmolov's Plate wardrobe bundle (lvl 50 HK warrior gear) in Previewed Items.
    Last edited by Jonus; 08-25-2015 at 02:38 PM.

Plane Touched

The Nightmare artifact sets are up, don't think they were there before.

Burning remains to be seen. :P
    Mononic - Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    @Accol - Okay, just got on the PTS and I'm surprised the Lucky Fortune Bundle is in Chests & Keys and for Credits-only. Wonder if it temporarily boosts your chance at getting a mount or other rare item from a lockbox? Oddly enough, when you click on it, it shows the entire Rasmolov's Plate wardrobe bundle (lvl 50 HK warrior gear) in Previewed Items.
    That Lucky Fortune Bundle is not only in Chests & Keys, but also in Crafting. So I guess it's just some random item Trion puts there for further consideration?

Gastby@Laethys Guild Info & Live Stream & Guild Promotion Video
    “Hold our hands ,we are not alone”

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast