+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Shielding Changes on PTS

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post
    A display issue with shields on health bars.

Tried on self, target and with raid frames but can't see how much total shielding I have which is annoying.

I understand now how the cap on dodge works, though there aren't any values yet to see on PTS.

You can only increase you cap by stacking dodge on gear; talents and abilities have no effect.
    So at 2000 Dodge your cap is say 50% of your max health, 3000 Dodge 55% and so on.

Though I still don't think this will work at any %.
    Its not just a display issue, if you have a shield up and take any amount of damage the shield buffs all drop and nothing is absorbed.

Would be nice to hear the devs current ideas on now much a tanks dodge should increase shielding. We know regular dps will be at 50% but what is the goal for tanks? 75%
    100% 150%?

Telaran

Default bring back health modifiers?

now i know this sounds like a weird idea (sarcasm)
    but how about T R I N O brings back proper hp scaling of tanks as it was with sl tanks
    they idea of changing full health modifiers to base hp modifers gota be form a stupid person not thinking anything through of course puri shields will scale masivly vs the low hp increase of tanks??? was that hard to figure out.
    now get hp scalling back and alll is at least better not great but hey who expects great from *T R I N O* these days.

Hi,

I wouldn't mind if i knew nerf'ing was across the board, but it isnt.
    Each class has good and op elements, some of which have never been addressed.

It does seem as soon as cleric is ahead in any area they receive a nerf in one form or another, where as other classes are given an easier time. They said they would take the shielding problem out of the equation last time when puri was changed from shield bot... they reduced the aoe damage... and oh look we are right back where we were in T1 SL.

I mean have you seen the healing on a mage with **** loads of adds nevermind the dps... and around the same time cleric tanks had a bug healing raids. Cleric got fixed, mage still does silly amounts and no fix... but i have accepted it as their advantage given no shields and im perfectly happy with that... and the raid cooldown.

Personal issues aside... and looking at the bigger picture.
    Just wish Trion would find a better point in time to "patch" these things or introduce new classes for that matter when some of us are still progressing through current content.

Talk about giving some guilds a hard time.

Dont get me wrong, i do think the shields could use some tuning... but if its anything like the last shaman patch it could well kill it entirely... and for lesser flexable rosters that will cause unnecessary damage.

You have a class which can switch from aoe to st being just as effective, why bother having the latter.
    and from previous nerfs (any class) the first one is always more harsh than necessary and they end up buffing it again after they realise their mistake... lets see if they do it again?

Bad timing IMHO.

Arch,
    Last edited by Archaoss; 08-25-2015 at 02:53 PM.
    “[User:] I can’t believe it. [Yoda:] That is why you fail.”

Quote Originally Posted by Aksinan View Post
    I must admit I am abit confused about the approach though?

So you want to lower sheild sealing on tanks?
    And reduce the damage done that bosses deals?

Wont this equal out to being no change?

I mean say for example

Tanks hp: 100k
    Sheilds: 100k
    Boss hits for: 80-120k

This means that you can obviously only use puri to heal or ur ****ed!

With changes
    Tank hp: 100k
    Sheilds: say 40k
    Boss hits fro: 40-60k

While definetly this makes other healers Possibly viable! There will still never be a reason to used another healer but puri?

I mean why risk the healing being to slow when you can just keep tank at 140% instead?

I am Very glad that you are working on it!

But before you go around rebalancing every raid boss! Please consider that you might put in hundreds off hours off work. And in the end change nothing
    Although this did cross my mind I would be doubtful if this is the case... but glad you asked the question.
    Half the trouble is even with the PTS we never fully get to see the bigger picture until the patch is implemented... buff not working here... this not working there.

Cross fingers for a gain for Rift and not a loss.
    Last edited by Archaoss; 08-25-2015 at 03:02 PM.
    “[User:] I can’t believe it. [Yoda:] That is why you fail.”

Quote Originally Posted by cataria View Post
    now i know this sounds like a weird idea (sarcasm)
    but how about T R I N O brings back proper hp scaling of tanks as it was with sl tanks
    they idea of changing full health modifiers to base hp modifers gota be form a stupid person not thinking anything through of course puri shields will scale masivly vs the low hp increase of tanks??? was that hard to figure out.
    now get hp scalling back and alll is at least better not great but hey who expects great from *T R I N O* these days.
    base hp modifiers also ruined most dps/tank hybrids which were made good by their increased hp pools and has made buffs like courage of the bear pretty much worthless seeing as they don't scale at all anymore.

i don't know who made this decision, but it was a really, really bad one.
    Last edited by ecru; 08-25-2015 at 04:04 PM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Plane Touched

@RedHawk

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    We definitely want PvP feedback on this topic, please test it out!
    no one will be able to hit the 50% cap in pvp so an 85% reduction on all puri shields in pvp (instead of the usual 80%) would be fine imo. symbol of the sun reapplying itself in pvp is a bit of a joke and should have been addressed months ago but we all know how important pvp is though so maybe sometime next year?
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #98
    Rift Team

We've just hotfixed PTS to fix the issue that was preventing Absorbs from working. It's worth noting that the current build does not increase a tank's Max Absorb when they use Absorb-based cooldowns. This will be added in a future build.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    We've just hotfixed PTS to fix the issue that was preventing Absorbs from working. It's worth noting that the current build does not increase a tank's Max Absorb when they use Absorb-based cooldowns. This will be added in a future build.
    can you fix cleric bugs i reported 8 months ago while you're at it? or maybe post on the cleric forums and get some input from people who play clerics on how to properly adjust shielding since not everyone reads the pts forums?

in your entire time as cleric class dev you've made a total of four posts specific to cleric changes on the cleric forums. that's about one post every two months. more communication would be nice.
    Last edited by ecru; 08-25-2015 at 05:29 PM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Is it Warrior? I hope it's Warrior!
    The incoming reaver nerf says no, it's not warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    can you fix cleric bugs i reported 8 months ago while you're at it? or maybe post on the cleric forums and get some input from people who play clerics on how to properly adjust shielding since not everyone reads the pts forums?

in your entire time as cleric class dev you've made a total of four posts specific to cleric changes on the cleric forums. that's about one post every two months. more communication would be nice.
    You just need to get the plebs to whine all the time. It works.

Just make a ****ing sent/puri hybrid you damn clerics, you make it sound like you have no viable specs at all lmao. Oh no you lose yolo of life, nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooo unstable nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo healer's covenant nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo that other thing that makes tanks immortal nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo paladin noooooooooooooo.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    Hi Red Hawk,

Please care to elucidate what the rationale was to base it around dodge rating?

In my opinion, Rift was once a great and rewarding experience for tanking and I would have changed very little on the initial design and concepts (aside from making bosses untauntable). Nevertheless, some poor decisions have been made along the way starting with storm legion, more recently with the idea of giving block to classes that don't wear shields and now culminating with this major shielding issue which surprisingly took you awhile to address.

I'm a bit sceptical about this change, and not really sure this will suffice to solve it without some further changes either to classes or shield interaction mechanics.

Wot puri nerfs you guys talkin about? Puri will be fine pretty sure bout that.

I can only repeat myself: stop screwing things up, stop screwing around, stop making class less and less fun to play and buggies and more imbalanced, just reroll the entire ****ing class system to vanilla and don't ever bloody touch it, done.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast